TIE Fighter Pilot

Prev1
Is it just me or are the drop rates for TIE Fighter Pilot horrible. Yea I hear about RNG crap over the last 3 days I have used 3 refills plus what ever energy I had and I have only had 4 shards drop for me. Call me crazy but it seems really low. With him being a ship commander I feel like they have lowered the drop rates in order to get us to spend $$$ on gems to use for refills. I'm sure it's just me but if your having as bad of drop rates please chime in.
Happy Hunting

Replies

• djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    I got 0/4 about 4 times today 4 full refreshes + 45 and regen so about 750 energy and only got 15 shards
  • Options
    I think I have 12 shards so far it's sad
  • Options
    he is not a ship commander, he is a simple pilot like anakin or ashoka is but the dificulty maybe way too high, i never farm low chance characters, wedge was already a pain as it is... 2 resets max 7 i believe
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    I do my cantina refreshes at 2x 100 daily...every day. No more, no less. I currently have TFP at 4* w/ 7 shards towards his 5th *. The drop rates seem no worse than anything else. Honestly, i think my drop rates were worse for B2.
  • Options
    I've taken him from 2*-3* already and am 10/30 to 4*. Honestly his drop rate feels higher than toons like wedge or b2, who both took forever to get
  • Options
    JarDorK wrote: »
    he is not a ship commander, he is a simple pilot like anakin or ashoka is but the dificulty maybe way too high, i never farm low chance characters, wedge was already a pain as it is... 2 resets max 7 i believe

I just realized my mistake in saying that thank you for pointing it out my bad.
  • Options
    Ky10Ren wrote: »
    I've taken him from 2*-3* already and am 10/30 to 4*. Honestly his drop rate feels higher than toons like wedge or b2, who both took forever to get

Nice
  • Options
    I got 8 on one refresh + 7 on the next and I had 5 from 90 energy to begin with. Either I got lucky or the drop rates are Rng like always.
  • Options
    Lol it's all just RNG I'm 21/30 right now by today he will be 4*
  • vazelos81
    166 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My last refill was 2/12 but my average drops are about 1/3.
    He is now at 7/30 to 4*
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    4 full refreshes + 73 from level up + 40 from regen, 7/65 so 17 shards
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thought is was just me, but I have been extremely unlucky as well. 1/13 last refresh and now on 3* 12/30 with 2 refreshes a day since release.
  • Satyg
    160 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    These comments surprises me a lot. While farming him I was thinking "looks like they increased drop rate on new toons" I sim 5 at the time and get 3-5 each time. I started the farming today and he is now 4* + 3 shards
    Rrraarrwhhgwwr - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)
  • Options
    I'm sure it's confirmation bias but sometimes RNG really seems to vary.

In Light/Dark battles, JKA is taking forever to shard, whereas Daka is flying up.
    In Cantina, I got Kit Fisto up to 7* really quickly but Aayla is now taking forever.
  • Options
    My drop rate has been horrible since they released him in cantina.. i switched to Mace one day just to see and got great drop rates...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nope I have had good drop rates.

Large count sims, don't help you.
  • Options
    I refreshed twice and got 10 shards from 24 simmed battles.
  • Options
    The fact that you guys are still trying figure out drop rates is incredible.
    It's 1/3 average. It has been proven time and time again.

I got 11 shards on a 20 sim this morning. So clearly the drop rates are fine. Yeah I know that's over 50% but I have had some o/4 and such. But overall its about 1/3 tries.

Use multi-sim, drop rates are better, I am not going to explain the probabilities yet again.

To whoever said they think the drop rates are better for TFP than B2 or Wedge, well no kidding. TFP is a 10 energy sim, where B2 and Wedge are 12. You get a few more sims with the same energy totals.

You naturally regen about 120 cantina a day, you get 45 at midday, and 2 refreshes gives you 240. So that's 405 cantina energy a day. That's 40 sims, 1/3 of that is about 13. On average, you should net about 12-13 shards a day. It's still going to take a solid 20 days to get to 7* unless you are refreshing more. If you get 12 in 24 hours you are doing just fine. You will get 18-20 some days, and you will get days with 6. But if you track it you will find you get 12 a day on average.
  • Options
    I got six from my last refresh.
  • Options
    From a guildmate:

2zs1grn.jpg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    DieInFire wrote: »
    From a guildmate:

2zs1grn.jpg

That right there is why I never sim 20. Simming a total of 20, @ 2-3 at a time I average 7-10 shards.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    If you multi-sim you're gonna have a bad time
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    DieInFire wrote: »
    From a guildmate:

2zs1grn.jpg

If my maths are right, that's like 0.03% probability. 1/3000ish. Certainly not impossible. (Technically that's prob for 0/20, but 1/20 should be really close).

• Options
    All I ever do is multi sim. Drops are are fine for me. And when I say fine I mean 30% rate roughly.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    multi sim 4 max
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    If you multi-sim you're gonna have a bad time

Why?
    where is darth jar jar?
  • Hydracarbon
    665 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    That just happened to me!! Whoever said that is a .03 chance of occurring is smoking crack. Happens all the time to me. This is disgusting.

eqbL04Z.jpg
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Guys, Mutli-sim away. Probablilities don't change.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    The fact that you guys are still trying figure out drop rates is incredible.
    It's 1/3 average. It has been proven time and time again.

I got 11 shards on a 20 sim this morning. So clearly the drop rates are fine. Yeah I know that's over 50% but I have had some o/4 and such. But overall its about 1/3 tries.

Use multi-sim, drop rates are better, I am not going to explain the probabilities yet again.

To whoever said they think the drop rates are better for TFP than B2 or Wedge, well no kidding. TFP is a 10 energy sim, where B2 and Wedge are 12. You get a few more sims with the same energy totals.

You naturally regen about 120 cantina a day, you get 45 at midday, and 2 refreshes gives you 240. So that's 405 cantina energy a day. That's 40 sims, 1/3 of that is about 13. On average, you should net about 12-13 shards a day. It's still going to take a solid 20 days to get to 7* unless you are refreshing more. If you get 12 in 24 hours you are doing just fine. You will get 18-20 some days, and you will get days with 6. But if you track it you will find you get 12 a day on average.

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    had a guildmate go 12/12 on aayla this morning. Multi sim.

NERF DROP RATES!!!1!