Blue Gear

Blue gear is the new credit bottleneck. There is too much of a demand on farming gear to keep up now. It is unreasonable to place the burden of simultaneously farming 5-40 blue gear for a slot, while also farming 20-60 purple gear and also farming 50-60 yellow gear on top of that.

I think the purple/yellow farming demands are fine, but blue is too much on top of that. Blue gear needs to become more accessible now, and there is a really easy fix. Please just add blue gear back to the upper level challenges.

Replies

• Options
    You get hella blue gear from Bronziums. I've only ever run out of Hyposyringes. Open more Bronziums, problem solved.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I agree I'm gearing up wedge right now and he requires so many blue droid callers it's insane, what sucks is that him and Biggs ( and every toon ever ) also require hypos syringes which come out of the SAME challenge. I wish that they would put both pieces of gear on the same teir or put good gear into the other challenges. I don't even bother doing the INT challenge any more because I have over 400 of every piece it gives.
  • Options
    Looking at the new gear requirements seriously makes me feel.... defeated, I can't think of another word that adequately expresses the feeling. I'm just not sure how we're going to be able to keep up.
  • Options
    I also realize that. My main problem is blue droid callers because I start farming few toons from 0. Then I found that blue droid callers actually exists in AGI challenges - just are in lower tier.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    You get hella blue gear from Bronziums. I've only ever run out of Hyposyringes. Open more Bronziums, problem solved.

How many characters are you working on/have maxed out? Bronzium isn't nearly enough to sustain the number of mk3 droid callers and mk5 power cells you need to craft raid disks/droid callers or even bring new characters up from g1 to g8.

I'm on a December shard, I've spent a decent amount of money on the game, I have over 50 7* characters with more than 30 of them over g9, and I'm really struggling with blue gear. It's gotta be worse for f2p players, too.

Not to mention, most people, including me, are saving bronzium currency for tournaments now.
  • Options
    lukeroks wrote: »
    I agree I'm gearing up wedge right now and he requires so many blue droid callers it's insane, what sucks is that him and Biggs ( and every toon ever ) also require hypos syringes which come out of the SAME challenge. I wish that they would put both pieces of gear on the same teir or put good gear into the other challenges. I don't even bother doing the INT challenge any more because I have over 400 of every piece it gives.

Yea, I feel like it would be such an easy fix to add blue droid back to the upper level challenges. Such an easy fix and it would lead to such a big quality of life enhancement for players

• Options
    Doggirl211 wrote: »
    Looking at the new gear requirements seriously makes me feel.... defeated, I can't think of another word that adequately expresses the feeling. I'm just not sure how we're going to be able to keep up.

I agree and I think a lot of players feel that way. I think it would feel psychologically more manageable if blue gear wasn't such a big part of that hill we have to climb.
  • Options
    YEah I never understood why we had to loose some gear moving up the challenges...
  • Options
    I think as players level up more characters this issue will only get worse
  • Options
    JJWZP5 wrote: »

How many characters are you working on/have maxed out? Bronzium isn't nearly enough to sustain the number of mk3 droid callers and mk5 power cells you need to craft raid disks/droid callers or even bring new characters up from g1 to g8.

I'm on a December shard, I've spent a decent amount of money on the game, I have over 50 7* characters with more than 30 of them over g9, and I'm really struggling with blue gear. It's gotta be worse for f2p players, too.

Not to mention, most people, including me, are saving bronzium currency for tournaments now.

I joined in February and my characters are bottlenecked by raid gear, stun cuffs, and holo projectors. I'm swimming in blue droid callers and power cells (both tiers).

I'm free to play and have no problem and I can see why now: since it takes so long to gather thr materials for raid gear and/or the crystals to buy them outright, I have plenty of energy to spend on the blue and purple gear needed.
  • Options
    Challenge tiers should only add gear as you move up. Should never remove gear by moving up a tier. But they do, so the only solution is to split up your challenge tries among the tiers you need.
  • Options
    Challenge tiers should only add gear as you move up. Should never remove gear by moving up a tier. But they do, so the only solution is to split up your challenge tries among the tiers you need.

I completely agree. I hope CG is willing to make that really easy chance to challenges, @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon.

I also am forced to split my tries, but it's just not a good solution bc either way you're missing out on something. At this point, we shouldn't have to choose between blue and yellow gear.
  • Options
    I vote for droid callers in the upper tier challenges!
  • Options

I joined in February and my characters are bottlenecked by raid gear, stun cuffs, and holo projectors. I'm swimming in blue droid callers and power cells (both tiers).

I'm free to play and have no problem and I can see why now: since it takes so long to gather thr materials for raid gear and/or the crystals to buy them outright, I have plenty of energy to spend on the blue and purple gear needed.

Are you doing T7 rancor in your guild? I'm F2P since January and haven't really had a problem with raid gear in a while. I have 4 G11 toons, 10 G10 toons, and 6 G9 toons to go with 38 7*. Purple gear and, yes, blue gear, is a bigger problem.
  • Options

Are you doing T7 rancor in your guild? I'm F2P since January and haven't really had a problem with raid gear in a while. I have 4 G11 toons, 10 G10 toons, and 6 G9 toons to go with 38 7*. Purple gear and, yes, blue gear, is a bigger problem.

Nope. I'm in a casual guild with my friends. We don't have enough players to do T7, so we do a T6 each week.
  • Options
    Agree OP. Shouldn't have to pick between purple, blue and yellow. Wish they would change this. Also, to the suggestion that you can just get what you need from bronzium...... totally disagree- hope you were joking.

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907