Keep solo shards in the family.

Kyno
32087 posts Moderator
Simple option for anyone with a 7* Han to keep the shards for trade at the shard shop, or have them randomly distributed to anyone in the raid they were just earned from. Only one additional shard per person.

That would be a nice option.

Replies

• Options
    +1

It will really help those in the bottom ranks who really struggle and will only likely get Han after a year or more.
  • Aglardae
    188 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I love the idea of giving extra shards to guild members. Now that would give more sense to the team spirit.
  • Options
    Would be so exploitable
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Would be so exploitable

Not sure how. Limit it to 1 shard per person, like I said. And only people with 7* Han would have this option.

It's just a nice option, we all work so hard to get them it seems wrong to trade them in at the shard shop.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Would be so exploitable

Not sure how. Limit it to 1 shard per person, like I said. And only people with 7* Han would have this option.

It's just a nice option, we all work so hard to get them it seems wrong to trade them in at the shard shop.

The reason it would be exploitable is because the only way to implement something like this, would be to set up a shard exchange similar to the gear exchange. For Han Solo shards it wouldn't be that bad, the guild earned those shards, people with 7* Han should have the right to pass them down.

The problem becomes handing out character shards that shouldn't be obtainable by people who can't obtain them. The most obvious culprit is chromium characters, if guild whales could potentially just hand out chromium characters to people who aren't willing to spend on the game, it would ultimately cause a loss in profit since the light spenders wouldn't even need to spend anymore.

And before thinking, "Well whales would be spending more to help other guild mates", no they wouldn't. They're swimming in crystals and left over shards from chromium characters they already have. They wouldn't need to spend any extra money to hand out chromium character shards.

Another exploit would be handing out Vader shards, which are supposed to be earned based on your accomplishments, not as left overs from people who completed all the achievements already. Some characters are also meant to be long farms, like Wedge, B2, and other meta characters only in cantina battles.

I'll go ahead and give a personal example so you don't assume anything of me. I'm a baby whale who spends 30$ a month on the game, I recently opened a pack hoping for the last 10 Shoretrooper shards I need. I got Baze shards instead, I would gladly trade those 10 shards for 10 SHT shards. But how fair would that be to people who can't get either of those characters.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    War wrote: »
    Would be so exploitable

The reason it would be exploitable is because the only way to implement something like this, would be to set up a shard exchange similar to the gear exchange. For Han Solo shards it wouldn't be that bad, the guild earned those shards, people with 7* Han should have the right to pass them down.

The problem becomes handing out character shards that shouldn't be obtainable by people who can't obtain them. The most obvious culprit is chromium characters, if guild whales could potentially just hand out chromium characters to people who aren't willing to spend on the game, it would ultimately cause a loss in profit since the light spenders wouldn't even need to spend anymore.

And before thinking, "Well whales would be spending more to help other guild mates", no they wouldn't. They're swimming in crystals and left over shards from chromium characters they already have. They wouldn't need to spend any extra money to hand out chromium character shards.

Another exploit would be handing out Vader shards, which are supposed to be earned based on your accomplishments, not as left overs from people who completed all the achievements already. Some characters are also meant to be long farms, like Wedge, B2, and other meta characters only in cantina battles.

I'll go ahead and give a personal example so you don't assume anything of me. I'm a baby whale who spends 30$ a month on the game, I recently opened a pack hoping for the last 10 Shoretrooper shards I need. I got Baze shards instead, I would gladly trade those 10 shards for 10 SHT shards. But how fair would that be to people who can't get either of those characters.

The original post was only about Han solo shards not a character shard exchange.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Or simply introduce a rule in your guild that members, who already have Han at 7* must limit their damage done to 500k in every Pit raid.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Would be so exploitable

The original post was only about Han solo shards not a character shard exchange.

I know that, but how do you implement sharing shards without an exchange of some sort. I suppose it's possible to create this exchange and code it so only Han Solo shards are an option. But that would take time and effort, that they're devoting to ships. The best we can hope for, is for them to change the shard reward system to how it is for the tank raid.
  • Options
    Yeah the original post is talking solely about Han Solo shards and Im assuming eventually General Kenobi shards so that the guild can grow stronger together instead of wasting hard earned shards like those in the shard shop.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Would be so exploitable

I know that, but how do you implement sharing shards without an exchange of some sort. I suppose it's possible to create this exchange and code it so only Han Solo shards are an option. But that would take time and effort, that they're devoting to ships. The best we can hope for, is for them to change the shard reward system to how it is for the tank raid.

I agree they are probably working on ships above all else.

Any thing can be implemented so it never hurts to make a suggestion.

Don't have to be an exchange can be gifting. With limited items to gift to other guildies like hs shards, gk shards, what ever the next event/raid exclusive character is.

It pains me to dump any hs shards into the shard shop. I always take low spots in the Raid unless we are zeroing to waste tickets. Be able to share these shards would be fantastic.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Or simply introduce a rule in your guild that members, who already have Han at 7* must limit their damage done to 500k in every Pit raid.

Yeah but people with 7* will still get shards, I'm just saying make a button and it just auto RNG distributes the shards to those without 7* Han and limits to 1 "extra" shard per person.
    Would be so exploitable

I was thinking auto RNG style no shop no exchange just press a button and your shards go away. They go somewhere else. Maybe opt out option at the beginning of the raid and it's all sorted out durring the hour at the end.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    No money in it for EA to put in the effort to make this change. The bottom members won't be as motivated to spend money to improve their raid squad to get Solo shards.

If you have a 7* Solo and so concerned about your mates, let others in your guild take a shot at the top.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    No money in it for EA to put in the effort to make this change. The bottom members won't be as motivated to spend money to improve their raid squad to get Solo shards.

No profit in the shard shop, or credit heist, droid training, but they made those happen.

Just an idea to keep the hard work of a group in house.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Yeah but people with 7* will still get shards, I'm just saying make a button and it just auto RNG distributes the shards to those without 7* Han and limits to 1 "extra" shard per person.
    Would be so exploitable

I was thinking auto RNG style no shop no exchange just press a button and your shards go away. They go somewhere else. Maybe opt out option at the beginning of the raid and it's all sorted out durring the hour at the end.

That could work also. Definitely don't need an exchange.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Would be so exploitable

That could work also. Definitely don't need an exchange.

Yeah, no exchange. Not in player control at all. Just opt out or reject the shards part of the prize and it goes back to the payout lottery.
  • Options
    Can largely be done manually since T7 Rancor is so easy. We have it set up so people who have han 7* can't place top 3 and quite a few guys opt to sit at the bottom to help out the others. It's one of the main reasons I opted for the guild I'm in now.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Can largely be done manually since T7 Rancor is so easy. We have it set up so people who have han 7* can't place top 3 and quite a few guys opt to sit at the bottom to help out the others. It's one of the main reasons I opted for the guild I'm in now.

Yes but even the lower ranks get his shards.
    Example. If there are 10 players with 7* HS and they are in spots 41-50. That is still 10 shards being turned in to shard shop currency every rancor raid. So 30+ every week.
    If there are 20 players with 7* HS and they take 21-50 that is 30 shards per raid "wasted" or 90+ a week.
    Imagine how helpful that would be to the rest of your guild.
  • Options
    In my guild, the people who have 7* Han just place a 0 score and let everyone else move higher in rank. Everyone will get him soon enough. He's really nothing great anyways. Definitely not worth wasting precious gear pieces on.
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »

No profit in the shard shop, or credit heist, droid training, but they made those happen.

Just an idea to keep the hard work of a group in house.

All of those things were required to keep the game at least somewhat balanced and fun. Just because something doesn't make money directly doesn't mean it isn't helping out the profit margins anyways. If players aren't having fun they will quickly stop spending, something that seems to have been forgotten lately.