Question about leveling

So i am a fairly new player lvl50 and i have a rather strange question. I was wondering would it be wise to stop leveling my player at lets say lvl60 and focusing on farming Arena and GW, Guild Currency and mats from shipments and daily challenges until i have stronger characters. so i will be missing from cantina and hard nodes farming and daily activities but my thoughts is eventually i will have stronger teams for arena based on my level than other players and i can make a lot of crystals that way. i know propably noone has tried that but it works in other games so i would highly appreciate it even if you havent done that yourself give it a thought and then let me know your thoughts. thanks in advance

Replies

• rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    You have one mistake in your thoughts. Opponents in arena are not based on your lvl. You are in one arena shard with players that rouhly joined the game in the same time as you. If you want to make much crystals (what you really should if you want to be competitive) you have to work your way to top ranks of your arena shard (top 100 is ok, top50 is good, top10 is perfect). And this is just possible if you fully focus on farming the meta toons and lvl/gear/star/mod them as much as you can. This is the way to do young padawan.
  • Options
    hm interesting fact. i had no idea. thx for the info
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, if you stop leveling, your arena rank will tank, and you'll miss out on rewards. Plus you won't get gear or ability mats without spending energy and earning XP, and you'll miss out on crystals by not doing daily challenges if you're avoiding that XP. Not to mention that certain pieces of gear have a minimum level requirement, so even if you some how got gear, you might not be able to use it.