Is Lobot useful in the heroic AAT raid

Hi all,
We recently had a guild leader accidentally launch a heroic AAT and and we quite frankly got our *** handed to us. Anyways it's been a blessing in disguise because it seems to have sparked a lot of conversation about what toons might be useful to farm, and Lobot was brought up. I haven't really seen him on the forums or in raid guides so I was curious if he's been useful at all for anyone, or if there are any other hidden gems out there that aren't necessersily the meta teams for each phase. I would appreciate any and all input.

Replies

• Options
    There isn't a specific phase that he's useful on per se. Having said that, being able to clear debuffs is useful on every phase; as long as you can keep Lobot alive, he'll have some utility clearing debuffs. You're better off with Rex, Ackbar, etc though given their better team synergies.

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Options
    he isnt that bad in a droide team, but JE is just way better and easier to farm.
    So maybe an alternative droid team with G.G / IG100 / Lobot / B2 / ? but not that usefull I guess
  • Options
    Could be take nebits place in a phase 2 hk 86 88 JE? Can he keep them alive longer for more topples?
  • Options
    No, he's not. His cleanse is on too long of a cooldown, he doesn't have enough HP to survive, and there are too many debuffs in phase 1. He (and Akbar) cleanses right after a mass debuff, then by his next turn everyone is already multi-debuffed again.

I have him at 7* with gear 9, and up until recently he was fully modded. But he brings so little to the table that I ripped his mods out and distributed them to better characters. He's not good.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes, the more dispell the brtter. And he works with droids. I have been working him up as a replacement for nebit.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input guys
  • Options
    He really doesn't have much droid synergy... He gives speed, which is nice, but HK gives a lot more turn meter. He gets more speed and more turn meter from his cleanse per droid, but he doesn't do enough damage to capitalise on any of this.

HK is a better leader, Jawa Engineer is a better support--especially for the tank raid, since he triggers a bonus attack with every activation.
  • Options
    Sadly he's a bit too slow to help. He can't keep up with all the de-buffs.
    Er that and he is a bit pants. Why oh why did I 7* him.
  • Options
    I also have Lobot 7* G9. I give him leftover mods, either health/Potency or Crit chance/dmg, whatever I have lying around. I use Lobot as canon fodder in Heroic AAT P4. He usually lives long enough to get off one dispel before he's wiped out.

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Options
    IG1066 wrote: »
    Sadly he's a bit too slow to help. He can't keep up with all the de-buffs.
    Er that and he is a bit pants. Why oh why did I 7* him.

If you run him with 3 droids, he has 139 base speed when maxed, before mods.

I think he is really being underrated here. Yes, I would agree that Nebit is a better options in raids, largely because he always calls an assist, and that assist is either JE, whose bomb does massive damage or a droid, who then gains TM.

But keep in mind that the goal isn't to do the most damage with your droids, but to do the most damage total. If you sub out Nebit for Lobot you might lose a little with your droids, but you just gave your Jawa team a huge boost, especially on phase 3 where he is granting Jawas stealth so they aren't countered, which slows TM gain.

Lobot is a good option to have in the new raid. He's not the best option necessarily, but in a mode where you can use your entire roster he is someone who has some versatility and can contribute on various different teams.
  • Options
    I'd rather just use a fourth droid.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Seriously! Why can't we get a bacta tank support droid? As strong as the droids are, they are totally dependent on other factions for support.
  • Options

Which Droid? B2 sucks in this raid. IG100 doesnt impress me because his TM down is useless, and that's a big part if what he brings. I don't think I would survive near as long with 4 droids tbh. Lobot adds a lot of survivability

Grievous might be worth it, but most of us don't have him 7 stars. I can't comment on him.
  • Options
    No, he's not. His cleanse is on too long of a cooldown, he doesn't have enough HP to survive, and there are too many debuffs in phase 1. .

Just a note, Labot has the *lowest* cooldown of all cleansers at 3 turns. His lack of speed might even it up a bit though. If by odd chance you have him with Nebit, you could cleanse every 2 turns. I consider this a waste and honestly you dont get debuffs often enough to devote effort into making that happen.

Barriss has an interesting cleanse that shouldnt be ignored, especially on heroic. With her new TM gain on crits, she goes rather often and can really help keep HP up and cleanse. Not a top tier toon, but worth working into your lineup.