Will Rogue One have an opening crawl?

Apoc88
259 posts Member
edited November 2016
Just looking to hear what everyone on here thinks. Rumor is that it won't. I believe it should and would be a mistake not too. It's what myself and I know many others look forward to when going to see a Star Wars movie. Nothing like hearing that music and seeing that crawl. It's just amazing. I still have hope that it will. Anyone think it shouldn't? To "separate" itself and other stand alone movies from the episodes?

Will Rogue One have an opening crawl? 22 votes

Yes
40%
zaphodCaptainRexDwightHalpertJackmondsApoc88CloneSpikesFaust_SouruCesiumCesare_Swift 9 votes
No
59%
BarrokBentWookieeKyleKatarnNoobyTheBossBooOldDakaNewBarberRadonisAntagoNiSt13Orcsbane1369CarbonariSupercatDatBoiDarthGronk87 13 votes

Replies

• Options
    I think they already announced that it will not.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Apoc88
    259 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yes
    I think they already announced that it will not.

Don't believe so. Last I saw was that someone "credible" said that it'll be different. But nothing official that I've seen.
  • Options
    Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy has been surprisingly vocal about the willingness for these anthology movies to be different, and specifically with details synonymous with the Star Wars brand.

In June Kennedy said:

The crawl and some of those elements live so specifically within the ‘saga’ films that we are having a lot of discussion about what will define the [stand-alone] Star Wars Stories separate and apart from the saga films. So we’re right in the middle of talking about that.
    And then in July at Star Wars Celebration she seems to confirm that fact even further:

You know, we’re in the midst of talking about it, but I don’t think these films will have an opening crawl. I think that’s what we kind of telegraphed at the beginning of the event today.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Options
    From what I've heard, no. And John Williams is not doing the music. Seems they want these "A Star Wars Story" movies to feel different from the official numbered movies.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Since its called "a star wars story", the movie will obviously open with Old Ben reading a book to young Luke. It will show the pages and illustrations similar to how the classic film, Shrek begins.
  • Options
    Yes
    Teague wrote: »
    From what I've heard, no. And John Williams is not doing the music. Seems they want these "A Star Wars Story" movies to feel different from the official numbered movies.

Well I believe Williams will be done with the music after ep8 if I remember right? Giacchino will probably be the one taking his place from now on. Giacchino is great.
    Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy has been surprisingly vocal about the willingness for these anthology movies to be different, and specifically with details synonymous with the Star Wars brand.

In June Kennedy said:

The crawl and some of those elements live so specifically within the ‘saga’ films that we are having a lot of discussion about what will define the [stand-alone] Star Wars Stories separate and apart from the saga films. So we’re right in the middle of talking about that.
    And then in July at Star Wars Celebration she seems to confirm that fact even further:

You know, we’re in the midst of talking about it, but I don’t think these films will have an opening crawl. I think that’s what we kind of telegraphed at the beginning of the event today.

Yeah they've been hinting at it for a while. I just don't like it lol. Still have hope that it will but.. I expect it to open with that scene in the trailer with Krennic meeting with Galen and then flashing forward so I guess I can see no opening crawl. I just think the crawl is an easy way to give people a little backstory so they know where they are and what's going on without having to explain it in the film.
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Since its called "a star wars story", the movie will obviously open with Old Ben reading a book to young Luke. It will show the pages and illustrations similar to how the classic film, Shrek begins.

Lmao that'd be great
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    No
    I would love for all Star Wars movies to have the same consistent iconic and classic opening of the crawl. But it has been confirmed that they want to keep that crawl for Saga movies and all spin-off films are to be stand alone, and different - which sucks in my opinion>

All games and movies thus far all have the same classic opening crawl - it's a trademark in my mind and something the fans have come to expect. Oh well :(
  • Options
    No
    No they already announced that it will not. :|
  • Options

"I believe it was... yes, it definitely was 49 times, Luke, that they fought that beast..."
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options

"I believe it was... yes, it definitely was 49 times, Luke, that they fought that beast..."

Don't forget the Seagulls.

• Options
    Did the 2 old ewok movies have a opening crawl in them? I can't remember...
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options

She had a chickens head with duck feet, and a woman's face too.
  • Options
    No
    it will be sad... I will be angry if obiwan is not in it.

If Ahsoka is in it, it will get a 999/5 for me.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    No

She had a chickens head with duck feet, and a woman's face too.

"Aw. That's rad."

"It was waiting in the bushes for us..."

It will not have a title crawl, seeing as the plot of the film IS the title crawl from Episode IV.

• Options
    No
    No crawl for it, they said it will be like Marvel were they have a scene put up the Star Wars letters then the movie plays