Please give us some hints about the future

Is it just me or is anyone else really reluctant to spend their tokens from arena, gw and cantina right now? I feel like some nerfs are coming up in the near future and don't want to spend my tokens on a char that will get nerfed right after I've manged to get him to 7*. I think it would be great if we could get som information from the devs.

I'm not asking for any details, just something down the line like "yes, Peo will get nerfed" or "no, Peo will not get nerfed." or "Yes, we will be adding new chars to the arena shipments".

This would make it so much easier for us to plan ahead.

Replies

• Options
    Never worry about the future, you never know what might happen next.
    6DhFBEd.gif
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the reasoning is exactly but it is the general policy of most businesses not to communicate with their consumers.

We will find out their plans when they do them or very shortly before. Its a stupid and archaic way of doing things IMO, people are used to getting constant updates about stuff now and if they aren't they get bored, but its what they do. Its what pretty much every business still does.

I think their fear is that if they tell you what they're working on and then there's a delay or a change of plans you'll freak out but people are more frustrated by silence I think than changing plans.
  • Options
    People are more worried about change than silence. Just wait until another character is nerfed. We will have hundreds of "I'm quitting" and "EA is a horrible company" posts.
  • Options
    SWHS wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the reasoning is exactly but it is the general policy of most businesses not to communicate with their consumers.

Let's use history, even if it is very short for SW, let's use it.
    EA announces level 70 increase. Several smart players buy and save energy per day and not play the game at all for a week. They saved 30, 40, 50K energy. The cap is lifted and they power-leveled to 64, 67, 70. Smart? Yes. Other players cried and complained. Bad for Forums. We got days of hurt players who says it's unfair.

Announce heroes ahead. Well, smart players will plan and get their gear and mats ready. Other players will not prepare and whine that the upcoming heroes will be OP or nerf or underpower or whatever they feel gets them the most attention. Then there are cries that please don't nerf or please nerf this or please buff that. In other words, future heroes will cause chaos in Forums.

And finally, if EA decides, hey we need more tests, then a delay would cause more hurt players and they will go to forums to demand that they get compensation. Like 1000 crystals for each delayed day. The complaining customers can be very unreasonable and want a lot for nothing.

EA is fine. Release new powerful toons when they're ready. For the rest, please develop the existing heroes and do your best to learn how to make them work in your squad.

• Options
    The biggest problem is that this game is all about planing ahead. For a f2p player it takes at least 3 weeks to get a char to 7*.

I'm used to things getting nerfed in games and I'm not complaining about that. Nerfing some chars would probably make the game more fun. But no one wants to make a choice based on the information that we have now only to get everything turned upside down over night.

Hearthstone has an excelent way of dealing with this. If a card gets nerfed you can simply turn it in for another card of the same rarity. I think it would be great if we had somethig like that here as well. Lets say Sid gets nerfed. Then every one would be able to turn in there Sid and get all the gear, ability mats and arena tokens back that they had invested in their Sid. I do understand that there would be some problems with deciding on how much tou would get for the chromium exclusive chars, but it's just a rough idea.
  • Options
    Adorme wrote: »
    The biggest problem is that this game is all about planing ahead. For a f2p player it takes at least 3 weeks to get a char to 7*.

I won't talk about nerfs. i'm smart enough to know my way around the game to play in any situation. nerf em all. players will find a way to squeeze stats out of a hero and dominate the arena. people are smart. don't believe everyone follows the cookie cutter.

f2p takes 3 weeks? so what? it take pay players 2 weeks. what is one extra week? please, if free players want to get a char to 7*, then do so without crying for nerfs and then being afraid that a certain player will be nerfed. "Poe may get nerfed, should I continue farming?" yeah, people are asking that. And do I have a full 7* poe? No, mine is 5 stars. I'm happy with it. Will I build further? No, I'm on to FO Officer. FO Officer will be the next big thing. But that's for me to build on my gut and you to follow when it's too late.

Look, u want the future? Do 5's, FO Officer, and IG86. Get them to 7 stars. I won't. I'll get them to the right "soft spot". I did the math. I'm ok with my choices. There, get to work and stop the nonesense.

Poe? He's great. Get him to 7*. Mine isn't. I'm not afraid of the nerf, but his stats are fine at 5. Maybe 6*. I certain don't need a 7* Poe. U can have all my extra Poe Shards. would u like me to help you farm? of course you would, u seem the gimme type
  • Options
    DarkWingGlee, I think you missunderstod me completly or just missed my point. I think it's completly fine that it takes 3 weeks to get a char to 7*. What I'm saying is just that it's frustrating to invest so much time in something that is so uncertain and I would appreciate if the devs gave us some heads up to upcoming nerfs.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    6DhFBEd.gif

Oh man I can't stop laughing.
  • Options
    Adorme wrote: »
    DarkWingGlee, I think you missunderstod me completly or just missed my point. I think it's completly fine that it takes 3 weeks to get a char to 7*. What I'm saying is just that it's frustrating to invest so much time in something that is so uncertain and I would appreciate if the devs gave us some heads up to upcoming nerfs.

u know they won't, buddy. I promise u, when anyone nerfs, they do so and hide the next minute! I mean well. just let nerfs happen and move on. a nerfed Poe will still be great. ask me and I'll try my best to help you with your squad. They nerfed Barriss, but she is very good in GW. Even in Arena, if you like, I can try to help you with a ok Barriss squad where you still use her. Barriss can still be a very good leader, her health boost is still good. She still shuts down Sid's heal immune.

3 weeks to build is gonna happen. If u prefer not to spend money, I'd advise you not to. If you feel you want to spend money, I won't encourage but I'll say for you to make sure you understand that nerfs and meta will change in less than 2 weeks. I play stock market and I understand the ups and downs of money. Don't depress. Rise above and build for what you are given.

I built Teebo and Ewok Elder. I have zero regrets. Both are 5 stars and gear VII. Both are very very great. Not top 10 great, but top 70 great and I'm happy to be there with the little money I spent on the game. I don't open Chromium packs, but I spent over $400 in December on only refills. I build. I don't buy Chromium at all.

I hope you feel better. I mean no disrespect. I really understand your fear for nerfs. My suggestion is...don't worry about that stuff. A good Poe will still be a good poe.
  • Options
    @DarkWingGlee Could not of said it better :)
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    I swear we were told there would be a post this week about upcoming features.
  • IM_UR_UPGRADE
    223 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    6DhFBEd.gif

@BentWookie your gifs are such a blessing to forums.

But now for OP, i dont think they know what they want to do with him yet and to be honestly i have never been a fan for releasing patch notes before an update. Lets say for example the patch notes makes people think one character will be better with the update so they begin to farm that character; but once the update comes around and that character isnt as great, player could begin to complain.