Arena Energy

Can F2P players take arena even remotely seriously? I'm a new player, so unless I'm missing something I can only fight five times per day unless I spend 50 crystals to reset my energy?

How do any of you fine folks play arena competitively day in and day out? The best I've done with my five attacks is ~2900 rank.

Replies

• Options
    I sit In the 100 to 200 with 5* droid team, I havnt spent anything
  • Options
    Are ranks reset each day or do you begin a new day at your previous rank?
  • Options
    You continue at your previous rank. The idea is to work your way down over time - then keep fighting to keep that spot. If you improve your team quickly in the beginning it makes it much easier!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Can F2P players take arena even remotely seriously? I'm a new player, so unless I'm missing something I can only fight five times per day unless I spend 50 crystals to reset my energy?

How do any of you fine folks play arena competitively day in and day out? The best I've done with my five attacks is ~2900 rank.

Don't over think it. I went from 10000 to 20 with no energy refreshes. I didn't start refreshing until I was top five. Don't refresh when you are new unless doing so will earn you an extra 50 crystals. Instead spend 100 crystals on battles for gear and 100 for cantina.

If you build your team you can get to the top 50 at least with no refreshes.
  • Options
    never refresh
    always top 15
    but it's gettig harder and harder
  • Options
    I always refresh after going through my first 5... I may be in an easier server but there always seems to be 2-3 others trying to take my #1 spot.

I usually take number 1 with 10-15 minutes left before 6pm then fight my 5th battle so it locks out the others, then refresh giving you 5 more battles and allows you to clear the timer. Then with 5-10 minutes left I'm instantly into another battle effectively locking out any more contenders.

I've ranked 1-4 for the past week and a bit now probably rank 1 80% of the time.

Not F2P I've spent $10 a month and a half ago on a 2 $5 crystal subscriptions.
  • Options

What level are you ? If new any keep playing, you will reach top 200 in no time.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Gotta find the sweet spot on you server. I was just running my battles for a while in the am. Well it seems all the 100-200 which is where I try to hang out seem to be an hour ahead of me. Now I don't touch it till after 1700 my time. I will normally get knocked back down overnight but can normally climb back close to 200. I don't really try for any higher than that. That range will also let you get 10 shards a day.
  • Options
    I'm level 28. Thanks for the advice.