Ships battles are slow and boring

Anybody else not warmed up to dip battles yet either? They're basically the same turn based game, except really slow and boring.

They don't feel like space battles at all with static ships in a line just shooting at each other. I don't find it enjoyable at all yet playing these ship battles. They need to make the battles quicker, more rng with higher damage variance to make the battles now intense and suspenseful like real dogfights.

Anybody else feel the same way?

Replies

• Options
    nope.

it's exactly the way it should be. too much rng takes away the strategy that this game is based on. If you want a dynamic action game, play battlefront.
  • Options
    I can understand your point. I have to say I like the battles though and think it is quite good for a mobile game. I wouldn't want more RNG because I have already seen ships dodging three straight attacks, don't need that number to go up.

As for making the ships dynamic I'm not sure I want that. The game is already taking 500MB of storage, that number would probably three- or four-fold if they were to make that change and also I think it would be a lot more prone to bugs than the static ships. Sure it's not quite as cool but it seems at least that it's working alright and as intended.
  • Options
    Speek for yourself, I happen to like them mostly because I have to read what everything does, Auto would be nice to be 1.5 times faster then now but hey it's a new feature

At lvl 60ish ships I did reach 2:30 on timer with activity so IDK how that will play out I mean equal oponents akbar healing and the rest slowly draining life/shields on the last ship
  • Options
    I have to say I was half hoping for some low definition rogue squadron (tapping the screen to hit the enemy), but my pragmatism imagined the devs would just do what they did and reproduce the classic character battles but with ships.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I believe you are the first person on the forum to ask for more RNG based variance in this game.

Someone give this man a cookie!!!
  • Options
    I was really hoping the ships would be flying (they do some in-place loops and maneuvers) instead of mimicking the present toon combat system, it was a bit disappointing to be honest.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I believe you are the first person on the forum to ask for more RNG based variance in this game.

Someone give this man a cookie!!!
    He wants so much RNG that the house never wins.
    Smart kid

• Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    nope.

it's exactly the way it should be. too much rng takes away the strategy that this game is based on. If you want a dynamic action game, play battlefront.

+1
  • Options
    Lmao dude first your bonkers and second you haven't leveled anyone yet so yeah damage variance wont be obvious just yet