Should I star up guys before getting new chromium packs?

Say you have a 2 star guy you don't really plan to use any time soon, but you have enough shards to raise him to 3 or 4 stars, are you losing out on shards if you pull him again in a pack for him only being 2 stars at the time you pull? I don't really want to spend the 100k credits or whatever on raising the star level of a random character I won't use soon, but do you lose out on potential shards by waiting to star them up and getting a random shard pull for the same guy?

Sorry if this is a repeated question, I tried searching but nothing came up.

Replies

• JayBeefed
    73 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The answer is that you are best not buying chromium packs at all unless you ultimately plan on spending $1000 or more.

But if you are committed to gambling for toons or shards, then no, you won't lose out until you start getting your toons to the 7* point. Any toons you pull from packs, if they are already active in your collection, are simply converted to more shards.
  • Options
    Do you get more shards for a 4 star character as opposed to a 2 star character that you already have 80 something shards for, but haven't spent the credits to star it? Just wondering if I should spend the credits to star them up if possible or wait and save my credits for leveling guys I really use.
  • Options
    Darthbillz wrote: »
    Do you get more shards for a 4 star character as opposed to a 2 star character that you already have 80 something shards for, but haven't spent the credits to star it? Just wondering if I should spend the credits to star them up if possible or wait and save my credits for leveling guys I really use.

Does not matter if you have them at 2* or 4* you will get the same amount of shard, it only goes by what * the character started at, don't waste any credits promoting characters you are not going to use :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply