Which Ships Should a F2P Farm ????

I have GW tokens and some of the new currency to buy blueprints with and I have a bunch of ships that I already have toons for. The question is, which ship(s) is most likely going to help me out the most in these next few weeks. Also I wonder what the Meta for the ships arena will be, any ideas??

Also since farming these blueprints seems to have a bit of RNG involved, I can't reliably farm specific blueprints that I want everyday. Also now that Rex is in the ships shipments (I also saw darth Vader shard btw) would it be better to farm shards for toons or blueprints??

Replies

• Options
    Also I read that the power of your toons are more important than the power/lvl of the ship itself. And the higher the star count of the ship the more power of the crew/toon carries over into the ship's power.
  • Options
    I think it's best to farm the ships for which you already have the best pilots since his strength seems to be the biggest factor now (before ship hardware arrives, and maybe even then). My GS ship hits hard, so I would be inclined to farm his ship further - then again, a ship at 2* is only slightly better than at 1* (multiplier 1.05), and even 7* gives only multiplier 1.5. So I would concentrate on getting ships for your six / seven / eight strongest possible pilots, and then still jack up the stars (to be eligible for challenges).
  • Options
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    I think it's best to farm the ships for which you already have the best pilots since his strength seems to be the biggest factor now (before ship hardware arrives, and maybe even then). My GS ship hits hard, so I would be inclined to farm his ship further - then again, a ship at 2* is only slightly better than at 1* (multiplier 1.05), and even 7* gives only multiplier 1.5. So I would concentrate on getting ships for your six / seven / eight strongest possible pilots, and then still jack up the stars (to be eligible for challenges).
    That's exactly my plan. I will farm ships of GS, Wedge and Biggs with biggest priority. Then maybe 5s and dunno about the other ones.
  • VoodooKing
    101 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I am just going to farm whatever is in the GCW/Ship Shard store and toons that I can farm using energy. Not gonna spend a dime.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Save them and try to beat all the whales for vader ship 7*.....hahaha
  • Options
    Doitsuyama wrote: »

Kinda what I was thinking about doing, farming Geo soldier blueprints because he is one of my most powerful toons.
    I'm really curious about how the meta will be, also I wonder if you have tons of speed mods on a certain toon will it effect the speed of the ship that the toon is a crew member on?
    I wonder when Swgoh.gg will update their website to include ships.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for swgoh.gg to put in all the data for maxed out units so I can see which are best in the long run.
  • Options
    also I wonder if you have tons of speed mods on a certain toon will it effect the speed of the ship that the toon is a crew member on?
    THIS is actually a very good question!

• Options
    rawman wrote: »
    also I wonder if you have tons of speed mods on a certain toon will it effect the speed of the ship that the toon is a crew member on?

I hope not. That would be a fun killer. Speed is already too big of a factor everywhere else.
  • Options
    rawman wrote: »

I hope not. That would be a fun killer. Speed is already too big of a factor everywhere else.

Yes I'm hoping the same, except I want it to be a little customizable so that you can make certain ships go first. But I'm not a huge fan about how if you have the fastest mods on your toons you win.
  • Options
    I have to somewhat retreat from my post above. While I am interested in ships and still think my order of blueprint farming is sound, there are just too good purple gear offers in the ship store, which I likely need more. Thinking about the priorities...
  • Options
    Are you in a T7 guild ?
  • Options
    This is the first time I wished that I had farmed GS. I'm stuck with RP and JC as my best pilots for ships I have unlocked at the moment.
  • Options
    Are you in a T7 guild ?
    T7 Rancor yes, Tank no. Heck, we still are in our first T6 raid, now in phase 4...