Ship shard arena placement is not good

Prev1
"Fleet Arena will not have the exact same leaderboards that Arena does. The players you face in Arena started playing the game at roughly the same time as you did, meaning there could be very large gaps in power. Fleet Arena leaderboards will be composed of the teams efforts to give players an even playing field."

Umm. There is like an incredible gap between me and the others on my shard. I would much rather just be with arena mates. I'm f2p so how do I get into a shard with one of the whaleiest TI guys and at least six Mighty Chlorians? Pretty sure my power level is not even remotely the same.

Replies

• Options
    Have you looked at the reward tier???? It's not that much different from #1 to 500. So plan ahead to out smart the whales or older players.
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat... I'm free to play too and the top guys have 5 star capital ships already.
  • Options
    Literally everyone starts off the same with ships. So it's the very same.
  • Options
    Rank 1 gets 1800. Rank 500 gets 1000. So the #1 is only getting 2 more shipments (400x2) than rank 500. That seems a LOT more fair than the pvp arena shipments.
  • Options
    I think it's more fair matching by creation date because you are more likely to have similar power characters/ships. Whales will always be ahead but this reward structure is much more fair compared to arena.
  • Options

Cool, I didn't know I'm going to get max star and max gear toons I didn't even own! Thanks for the info
  • Options

But they don't start out with the same ships crew - which are the biggest contributor to ship power.

• Options
    I'm not saying anything about rewards. I'm talking about "large gaps in power" and putting us with similar players. I'm not even close to others power there. Been playing since last Dec but my I don't have a full roster with every toon max gear and level like those guys in those guilds.
  • Options
    The rewards system in ships suck. I'm not spending anything in ships
  • Options
    Good content though
  • Options
    All the folks in my ship shard are in the 60's in terms of lvl. If I hit 70, will I get sent to a new shard?
  • Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    I'm not saying anything about rewards. I'm talking about "large gaps in power" and putting us with similar players. I'm not even close to others power there. Been playing since last Dec but my I don't have a full roster with every toon max gear and level like those guys in those guilds.

Large gaps in power means you don't have the pilots leveled up or geared. Just save up and start shifting your strategy on who to upgrade. If you can rank at least 500, the rewards aren't that much different from rank 1. I wouldn't really worry too much about ships, it's fun even though it adds to the credit and gear crunch! :)

• Options
    It seems they created a couple tiers for shards I think. Such as; top five will be all super whales, top 20 will be whales, top 50 dolphins, top 100 long time F2P and casual dolphins, and then the rest of you scrubs. It defiantly was not cause of power or player's roster.
  • Options
    Remember this is the just the initial roll out. More pilots will be introduced. Almost every character in the game will be a pilot. They are probably still testing the other pilots.
  • Options
    Maybe its just me, but my ships shard is filled with people from a similar start playing time as myself, not same shard people, but probably in the same month or something.
    I would have preferred the same as my arena shard, but it doesn't look unbalanced at all.
    I was reluntant when I first read the notes, but I think the outcome wasn't bad at all.
  • Options
    Ok not sure why people are bringing up rewards or pilot level.

They said same power level. Here's me https://swgoh.gg/u/warmonkeyy/
    And I have a dude from TI that another of their members said was to quote them "a beast" I looked at his roster: every toon in game is maxxed star and looks like gear too besides chirut
  • Options
    Ok not sure why people are bringing up rewards or pilot level.

They said same power level. Here's me https://swgoh.gg/u/warmonkeyy/
    And I have a dude from TI that another of their members said was to quote them "a beast" I looked at his roster: every toon in game is maxxed star and looks like gear too besides chirut

That "dude" probably started around the same time you did.
  • Options
    @Malthael probably he did. Which is why I created thread. Their whole explanation above was for not using arena shard and to put us in a more appropriate power shard. If this is the case I would just rather be with my arena mates.
  • Options
    I think CG's idea was good, on paper. Place everyone in a new shard with people that started around the same time they did. In theory, everyone would be around the same power level. Here's the issue that, unfortunately, cannot be avoided. There will always be whales and people that have stu-pid amounts of money to blow on mobile games like this. So these whales while having started at the same time as you, will be loads better because they dumped their bank account into the game. Again, its a good strategy, in theory. In practice it sorta missed the mark, but how could they have hit it?
    Make whales and others who spend above a certain bar have their own shard? Then they wouldn't have anyone to steamroll over and would stop playing, most likely.
    What I'm getting at here is you'll always have those that throw money to be on top, and I don't see much way to get around that. I'm just happy with the update and I'll hope the new arena settles down in the coming weeks/months.
  • Options
    Danbloo wrote: »
    Rank 1 gets 1800. Rank 500 gets 1000. So the #1 is only getting 2 more shipments (400x2) than rank 500. That seems a LOT more fair than the pvp arena shipments.

Completely agree. FYI, the #1 Arena guy on my shard is also the #1 Ship Arena guy too. He's TeamSkunk so props to him (it'd be cool if they were TI or MightyChlorians too, I like to whale watch :) )
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    So far no whales on my ship shard. I started in 7th place and am sitting at #1 right now and I'm not even trying. I'm sure that will change after the first day or so but looking at top 50 we all seem to be around the same player level, gear levels, arena placements, etc.

I am fortunate enough to have a Gear 10 Ackbar and Geo Soldier seems to hit as hard in his ship as he does in PVP, which is nice.

It will be interesting to see where things go from here :)
  • Options
    So far no whales on my ship shard. I started in 7th place and am sitting at #1 right now and I'm not even trying. I'm sure that will change after the first day or so but looking at top 50 we all seem to be around the same player level, gear levels, arena placements, etc.

I am fortunate enough to have a Gear 10 Ackbar and Geo Soldier seems to hit as hard in his ship as he does in PVP, which is nice.

Sounds like you found my "happy place" wish I was chilling with you there! :D
  • Options
    Geeze, before I read it, I thought you maybe had something against me being stuck with you on yet another shard.

Honestly I thought it was going to be the same shards too, especially with crew's being a very large part of ships.
  • Options
    Wait so are you guys saying we will have different players in ship arena then what we have in normal arena? If so that's kind of stupid why can't we just have the same players as old arena?

But anyway you can't expect to be on the same level as whales if your f2p it will take time to catch up and no just cause everyone starts with the same thing doesn't put everyone on an equal playing field whales can still buy the new ship packs.
  • Options

Lucky. I started in July and just hit level 80 last week, but am in a shard with mega players from Team Instinct and Skunk that are all 85 with maxed rosters. Doesn't look like I'll ever have a chance at competing for anything even in the top 500.
    *in game: MC3P0 - The Ewoking Deads
  • Options
    Geeze, before I read it, I thought you maybe had something against me being stuck with you on yet another shard.

Honestly I thought it was going to be the same shards too, especially with crew's being a very large part of ships.

On ship shard too. That's awesome! :D
  • Options
    It seems they created a couple tiers for shards I think. Such as; top five will be all super whales, top 20 will be whales, top 50 dolphins, top 100 long time F2P and casual dolphins, and then the rest of you scrubs. It defiantly was not cause of power or player's roster.

I think this is the correct answer :)
  • Options

On ship shard too. That's awesome! :D

Yeah, man... When I saw you, I almost thought they were the same shards... Then I looked up the ranks a bit, and nope.

I also have two guildee's on our shard. I don't think I'll be in t20 anytime soon. I'm hardly even going to worry about ships until later
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    Options
    I don't get why Ship Arena wouldn't run on the same shard as Squad Arena. Why wasn't it done that way to begin with?