Should I drop QGJ from my arena team?

Hello,

I've previously been running a JKA lead, with Rey, QGJ, RG, and STH. This pairing on my shard typically landed me between 15-50 at payout.

I recently maxed Wedge and Biggs...and was planning on a Wedge lead with Biggs, STH, JKA, and possibly still QGJ? Is this a good idea or should I replace QGJ with another DPS or possibly EP even though he is at 6* and I need a scanner for gear X?

Thoughts or comments greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Options
    Run EP, it's a good danger zone squad.
  • Options
    Do you have Lando? He would be my first choice in that team (You can use him as leader, if you need to speed up your STHan, too). I ran Wiggs, Lando, STHan and Palpatine for a long time (I use Shoretrooper now). Lando is less effective against teams with Shoretrooper (if you can't kill him before he gives crit-immunity). Palpatine's AOE stun can decide the fight on its own and his shock is extremely useful.
    However, QGJ ist still a valid option for offence if you need to remove taunt (much less effective on defence as he will simly remove the first buff he can).

It also depends on your (speed-)mods. Will your STHan be able to go first without Lando lead? Could you make Palpatine go before the opponent taunts? If you don't have a lot of good speed mods, Anakin's tm gain might make him the best Option (combined with QGJ to dispel).
  • Options
    Wiggs, STHan, Lando, JKA

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    MalEliza wrote: »
    Do you have Lando? He would be my first choice in that team (You can use him as leader, if you need to speed up your STHan, too). I ran Wiggs, Lando, STHan and Palpatine for a long time (I use Shoretrooper now). Lando is less effective against teams with Shoretrooper (if you can't kill him before he gives crit-immunity). Palpatine's AOE stun can decide the fight on its own and his shock is extremely useful.
    However, QGJ ist still a valid option for offence if you need to remove taunt (much less effective on defence as he will simly remove the first buff he can).

It also depends on your (speed-)mods. Will your STHan be able to go first without Lando lead? Could you make Palpatine go before the opponent taunts? If you don't have a lot of good speed mods, Anakin's tm gain might make him the best Option (combined with QGJ to dispel).

No. Unfortunately...I wouldn't say I'm free to play, but maybe spent $50 in my playing career. So my last Catina farms have been JKA and then Wedge. Lando is next on my list, but just getting to the point of unlocking 5* critical damage mods which I would like to farm for a while.

My STH is sitting at 189 speed which I don't think is awesome, but also with my mods don't know if I can currently make my EP as fast as needed either.

With the previous arena setup my two potential downfalls were very last Lando teams and most EP leads that were hidden behind either a starting taunt (Shoretrooper) or fast STH taunt.

I don't expect my current setup to place me in the top 10, but was hoping with a maxed JKA and Wiggs I would potentially have enough DPS to drop QGJ who I still solely needed for taunt debut.

• Options
    Wiggs, STHan, Lando, JKA

Sorry...should have mentioned I don't even have Lando activated yet!

• Options
    Any other comments/suggestions?
  • Options
    Personally, I love to deal with teams without dispellers.
    If you dont have b2/s.fac/baze... I'd keep Qgj...
  • Options
    Pretty soon QGJ will be top meta with his zeta leader ability and a team of jedies
  • Lmoon74
    84 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Not unless they fix the qgj's new bug! I bet you will be **** when he doesn't call a assist for you in arena... ok update. Apparently they reintroduced a old bug in the game. If you have a stunned toon and any attacker like Qgj who can call a assist, has the possibility to call that stunned toon and they don't assist. Lol