Mod luck & drop rates

My mod luck seems pretty atrocious I've only managed to get 1 5 star speed arrow in the last 5 months not sure what to do at this point need some ideas because mod shipment isn't viable either so any farm tips for mods ?

Replies

• Options
    +10000000

This is the biggest **** in this game now and my revelation tonight that I've acquired 650+ mods without getting a single 5 dot speed primary makes me wonder why I'd continue any longer. I've completed all challenges except the FO, and farm only the tier III ones obviously. It is HOPELESS to continue in this game when others in arena got "lucky" early and loaded up on speed primaries; single players with dozens of them that will permanently dominate no matter the meta.

I made a spreadsheet back when I only had 93 mods total, and I already had 4 arrow mods then with a primary speed stat. I still have effing 4. FUEA. @EAJesse
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I have only two Mk V speed arrows after months of trying.
  • Options
    I have 1 mk v. I might be done with this game.
  • Options
    I disagree that mod shipments isn't a way to farm viable mods. I have 8 speed arrows, seen plenty more. I only buy mods for credits, occasionally will refresh if I have spare credits. Also, the rest of my squad is outfitted with speed secondaries. Just check it often, good mods pop up once or twice every week or two. Mod farming is a game of patience
  • Options
    Havent seen a speed arrow from mod challenges in ages. Gotten my last two from mod shipments. Try to always keep at least 3 mill banked in case a speed mot turns up.
  • Options
    I've gotten a couple. Only sim 2-3 at a time. Don't sim 10 at a time.
  • Options
    I only sim 2 at a time, then 1 if there's leftover energy. That's how I've always done it. My spreadsheet proves that as of this morning I've gotten zero primary speed mods in the last 681 acquired. I had four when I had 93. I have four with 774. That's ****.

I would have bought any in shipments instantly if I ever saw them. I always have tens of millions of credits available as I save.
  • Joeybologna88
    56 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I just browsed the inventory of a single player I used to always defeat in arena and no longer have a chance. They have no p2p toons at all so take that for what it's worth. They have 22 primary speed mods equipped, and 6 +30 ones. So more +30 than I have of any type.

If you didn't farm mods-only when they first came out you are permanently screwed. I think my zero-of-681 proves that. Why the **** do the devs think they can make changes like that and it's fair? I **** quit.

If you aren't already stocked on primary speed mods you should quit, too. Don't waste your time.
  • Options
    I am free to play, have 7 +30 speed arrows and more than 20 mods with a secondary speed of above 9. Mod shipments is where I've gotten not of them. I mean come on it's only 15 crystals to refresh it.
  • Options
    I have only 1 mk5 speed arrows while some people in my arena have all 5 toons with mk5 speed arrow... RNG too imbalanced.
  • Options
    I never get 5 dot mods in shipments
  • Options
    I have zero 5 dot speed mods.

2 or 3 4 dot speed primary arrows.

I only have 245 total mods collected though.

Level 76.
  • Options
    Bigboy2004 wrote: »
    I never get 5 dot mods in shipments

Maybe you haven't completed enough of the mod challenges? I seem to remember there being a stipulation to getting 5 dot mods to drop in shipments
  • Options
    Ok I'll work on that because I do only have about 3 type of mods 3 stared. I'll work on the rest
  • Options
    Every time I think about farming mods I get 0 mods on refreshes or I get a 3 star LvlE mod I have to able to compete with my server when there's 270 tfp and & 246 Kenobi's
  • Tohu
    81 posts Member
    Options
    Spend a lil bit on the game and buy mod packs. They are really worth it
  • Options
    Tohu wrote: »
    Spend a lil bit on the game and buy mod packs. They are really worth it

IMO game isn't worth the spending but I have saved for mod packs recently and it's very RNG dependent not as bad as mod farming though
  • Options
    +10000000

This is the biggest **** in this game now and my revelation tonight that I've acquired 650+ mods without getting a single 5 dot speed primary makes me wonder why I'd continue any longer. I've completed all challenges except the FO, and farm only the tier III ones obviously. It is HOPELESS to continue in this game when others in arena got "lucky" early and loaded up on speed primaries; single players with dozens of them that will permanently dominate no matter the meta.

I made a spreadsheet back when I only had 93 mods total, and I already had 4 arrow mods then with a primary speed stat. I still have effing 4. FUEA. @EAJesse
    If they gave us a different energy resource for mods A, because its a lucky dip that only pays off once every few hundred mods if your lucky and always the wrong primary and secondaries and shape and second and B, most mods are below par for most mods dropped are yo under par to even compete well in the AAT raid because of the sheer speed and health making most irrelevant well thought out plan by game designers not only that you slow down progress so much on toon farming on the ftp side of things after paying almost £1000 on this game im dissapointed at the mod wall and cost!! Mods are still the biggest dissapointment in this game by a long shot imo, good luck, please give us 100 free energy seperate energy resource just to farm mods thats enough for 6 a dayor a little more for 8 then i wouldnt care but farmed mods for two weeks on crit mods got at least 300 mods no double digits speed secondaries and then all the wrong mod primaries, secondaries or shape, sort it out asap the money grab is to much!!!!