Currency Balance

There is a lot of different currency in this game. When I say currency, I mean any of the things you "spend". I'm referring to all of it: energy, parts, credits, all of it. This post is intended to be a discussion of balance. Which currencies are balanced? Which are too rare? Which are too abundant?

I'm going to list each resource and my opinion of each. If you don't want to read the entire post, I'll summarize it for you here. I think we need more credits, cantina credits, level 3 ability materials, and to a lesser extent, cantina energy.

I feel like there's a little bit of tweaking that needs to be done to fix some imbalance in regards to a few of them. If the game gave you options, I probably wouldn't post this. If you could focus on cantina energy at the expense of another one of the game's currencies, I probably wouldn't say anything. But in the game, you have no choices. You get whatever you get in terms of the various types of currencies and there's really nothing you can do to affect it.

Credits: I feel like you're always short of credits. You don't have enough to level all of your characters, nor should you. But keeping 8 of your characters leveled up is difficult. When you add in promotions, you see there just aren't enough credits to go around. I really feel like something needs to change here and again, I'm not necessarily saying it should be buffed, I'm saying maybe there should be some options to get more credit and less of something else, or possibly sell one for another.

Energy: I feel like energy is about right. I can farm shards and materials, but I have to pick. I can't farm them all simultaneously. I can't farm FOTP, Rey, Bariss, Daka, and Poggle at the same time. I have to pick and choose and I'm fine with it.

Cantina Energy: I feel like this needs to be buffed a bit but perhaps just slightly. I don't think it's a huge issue.

Sim Tickets: I enjoy playing through the battle so this isn't an issue for me. If I'm in a hurry, then I use my sim tickets.

Shards: This is what we're all playing for. We all want shards, shards, and more shards. I feel like, personally, I'm progressing, albeit slowly, and I'm fine with that. I think shards are good the way they are.

Gear: Again, I think gear is about right. If I need to farm for a particular piece of gear, I can do it, but it costs me. I can't farm something else. That's how everything in the game should work, in my opinion.

Ability Materials: I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that at some point, you have more than enough level 1 and 2 mats. There just aren't enough level 3 ability materials out there. More than any single currency in the game, I'm always short on level 3 ability mats. Should something be done to fix it? I think so.

Training Droids: I have more than enough training droids. I'm sitting on 7,000 level 1 and level 2 droids. So possibly allow us to trade them for credits or ability materials?

Cantina Credits: I never seem to have enough. I have never refreshed a shipment of any kind, but I never have enough cantina energy.

Arena tokens: I think arena tokens are just about right. If you're 500-1000, you get half as much(500) as the top guy(1,000). If you're top 200, you get 700. Again, I think that's about right and fair.

War Tokens: I have Bariss. I don't know how much she affects GW, but I complete GW every single day and her leadership ability is huge in GW. I personally have more than enough war tokens, but other people might have differing opinions.

Replies

• Options
    I actually think the ability mats are in general fine, the idea I think they are going for is that you have to make choices in the skills you want to upgrade, the T1 starts becoming common after a while letting you be freer with the level 2 skills of less uses characters, then the T2 become a bit more common opening up more level 3 skills with less used characters and then you have to make choices from there. Eventually you will get everyone up, but you have to make a lot of choices before you just have all you need from cap.

I think the GW will continue to get reworked, we are completing too high a percentage of these than they anticipated, I expect a nerf bat to hit here since I don't think the last change had the impact they hoped for.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    MrMet42 wrote: »
    I actually think the ability mats are in general fine, the idea I think they are going for is that you have to make choices in the skills you want to upgrade, the T1 starts becoming common after a while letting you be freer with the level 2 skills of less uses characters, then the T2 become a bit more common opening up more level 3 skills with less used characters and then you have to make choices from there. Eventually you will get everyone up, but you have to make a lot of choices before you just have all you need from cap.

I think the GW will continue to get reworked, we are completing too high a percentage of these than they anticipated, I expect a nerf bat to hit here since I don't think the last change had the impact they hoped for.

I could not disagree more. Game needs more purple mats
  • Options
    Just leave it its the same for everyone.
  • scuba
    14104 posts Member
    Options
    @TheVinegru
    There is another option for credits it is called key card battles. You have to give up using energy to farm for shards, gear and xp.
    Training Droids: I have more than enough training droids. I'm sitting on 7,000 level 1 and level 2 droids. So possibly allow us to trade them for credits or ability materials?

Am option currently exists called selling training droids for credits, can also sell excess gear. Not a great sale price but it is there.

ocPHSk4.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses.

Sorry I didn't mention key card battles in my analysis. That's my bad. I've been spending about 200 energy per day(320,000 credits) on them for about two weeks now and I've still got 3 guys waiting with 6 stars :'(

My situation with abilities is even worse now with level 7 abilities. Only 2 of my main 5 have level 7 abilities and I've got 2 guys I want to sub into my top 5 but their abilities are at level 5.