Longer clock in Ship Arena....

Prev1
VeridianShakes
1118 posts Member
edited December 2016
Or shorten these capital ship animations...something. So many draws...
Post edited by J0K3R on

Replies

• Options
    Yea. It is a bit drawn out when your ships become more survivable.

Also adding the fleet stats to the player data sheet would be swell. (Like they have for toon arena).

Minor stuff really. So far it's really quite fun.
  • Options
    "longer ****"
  • Options
    They should add a slowly rotating tank. That would be fun.
  • Options
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    They should add a slowly rotating tank. That would be fun.

maybe in August.. but I doubt it as it's wai
  • Options
    disable annimaton button or faster auto could work
  • Options
    I think if they would speed up the animations of regular ships a little and of capital ships a good bit the time would be fine. I had 2 draws today bc of slow animations. I was on auto and they were still slow
  • Options
    I don't see a problem with it personally, only thing is it would be nice to tell who's ship is who's
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Haven't had any issues yet, but can't imagine 4 reinforcements and better ships.
  • Options
    I don't see a problem with it personally, only thing is it would be nice to tell who's ship is who's

Tap and hold on ship, it's supposed to tell you
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Please speed up animations
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Please please
  • Options
    The animations are very cool and cinematic for those who could appreciate the little things, however, I recommend the battle time limit being extended to at least 10 minutes.
  • Options
    I have to auto it to finish the battle, especially with all the reinforcements and ship animations. When I want to read the abilities and strategize = draw. It's only going to get worse with the more reinforcements coming
  • Options
    I have a payout at 6pm for arena. My ships payout is 7pm. 5 matches drawn out with cooldown is just about an hour. I've gotten near draws on three out of 5 and out of those three I had 2 draws. That's just way too short of a period for matches that last 7.5 minutes. I'm tired of getting draws.

And don't get me wrong, I love ships, love the animation, etc etc, but something needs to be done about the time and payout situations right now.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    LVTrisha wrote: »
    Yea. It is a bit drawn out when your ships become more survivable.

Also adding the fleet stats to the player data sheet would be swell. (Like they have for toon arena).

Minor stuff really. So far it's really quite fun.

This, surprises me that when I tried to click enemy fleet for info, it just showed the arena stats. Imo that's pretty important stuff :D
    I haven't had a draw myself yet but I expected the timer to be a bit short with all the animations. The amount of autobattle I already do is pretty high. Usually leaves me around 2 mins on the clock when I finish. As someone above said, can't imagine if you have 4 reinforcements each how long the battle will take.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Adjusting animation isn't going to solve the battle time issue. As ships and gear levels increase and we get a handle of synergies 7 mins is no where near long enough. I think the protection and health buffs during the fight need a huge nerf to have any chance of making the 7 minute deadline. Spend most of the fight clearing protection that gets re-added through Commanders and synergies. Otherwise...loving this update and I almost feel bad for those guys that shelled out for premium toons.........almost.
  • Options
    I was thinking about making a similar post. Once ships pass 100k power the battles almost always come to a draw, the ship animation eats up way too much time. I have had several battles that have come down to just a few seconds and bam I'm out of time, it's actually really bad. Also it can be hard to select the opponent right side back row, this happens with your own ship-if trying to heal-the far left front row. Just make the battles last 10min and I think that it will fix all these draws that are happening, it can be nearly impossible to advance, this isn't an issue of battles being to hard, but instead to short. Or you could just make it so that animations don't spend time, but I'd think making the battle longer would be easier for the DEVs.
  • Options
    Lol its like Barris and the healing squad for the draw. As abilities and damage output scale up it will start to even out.

As it is when you have the ai 5v4 just hit Auto and start sipping on a cuppa.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • VeridianShakes
    1118 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    ....every match I fight to move up ends in draw. And not like down to the wire. Like...both of us have 2-3 ships left on the field.
  • Options
    maybe just remove the timer at all.. it's PvAI anyway, so who cares...
  • Options
    CoReTeX wrote: »
    maybe just remove the timer at all.. it's PvAI anyway, so who cares...

Because no one else can challenge an opponent when they are already engaged. Someone could lock themselves up permanently lol
  • Options
    true..

well, then the easiest solution would be, to realign the camera, to give a good view over the whole field (with a bunch of smaller units) and in return remove all the useless camera turns from one capital ship to the battlefield to the other capital ship and vice versa... should save like 4 minutes...
  • Options
    50 mins only to daily 5 battles? Cmon...
  • Options
    I like the solution of the animations not counting against the time....but yeah that's probably pretty tough to actually do. I enjoy the animations, so I don't really want them eliminated. Making the timer longer is probably the best option.

I'm just now fighting teams in the 90k and up power range. My fleet is around 87k power. I've only had 1 draw...but it was really a loss for me. The opponent capital ship blasted away my last fighter, but the timer ran out during the animation resulting in a draw. I'm sure I would've been **** had it been the reverse and my last move defeated the enemy, but I only got a draw.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Making battles longer will only make the problem of sniping more prevalent. The best solution is drastically speeding up the animations especially for capital ships
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    This is why I only use Ackbar on offense now, even though I have a turtle team for the most part. I have the more offensive ships as reinforcements, so that when it's time to use Master Plan I usually have five ships left. Then I just hit auto and let the ability spamming begin. You can do a lot of damage in a short amount of time.

Then I throw in Mace as command on defense, and hope for the draws overnight lol.
  • Options
    Please, not longer. It's too long as it is.
  • Options
    They have to do something.

I have not maxed my ships or unlocked all the reinforcements and I am getting closer to hitting time each day.
  • Options
    The battles are longer, no doubt. I think if you correct that, it will help.

I also do not much agree with the idea of reinforcements. I think the team must have 5 ships as the arena has 5 heroes. If it is to keep the reinforcements, let it be just one ship. Doing this and speeding up the animations think we have a satisfactory time.
  • Options
    reinforcements are definitely part of the time running out lol. The biggest.