can you finish GW being ftp?

facing 85 lvl g11 palpi, shore, rg, sf, aayla in node 12 and same level wiggdo, shoretrooper, scariff in 11? How I can even spend fckin tokens on something if I cant pass it. I am level 84 ftp. I did first 10 nodes one squad - Rebels. I lost them and 2 others in 11. I cant even beat one toon in node 12 with my arena team. It is sick!

Replies

• Options
    Same happens for me, though usually only the last node is that bad. I use 3-4 other squads to take down protection and hopefully kill one toon before i clean up with Wiggs
  • Options
    Yeah. All the time. You have to develop the right toons to pull it off tho, and sometimes you just gotta level up before you can
  • Options
    Not a matter of FTP or not...just a roster depht one!
    I understand it might be hard to people with small rosters (especially FTP players), but, like I said, it's a matter of having 5 toons to take out Shoretrooper, then 5 more to take out Palp and weaken the other toons, then another team to clean it all up. :)
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I had that node 12 yesterday and used Teebo(l) EE, QGJ, HRSc, and Leia. Beat it with protection still left on HRSc and Teebo. Now I'm not ftp, but they're all ftp toons. Used them again today on last node and cleaned house (against same team, except JKA instead of Aayla).
  • Options
    Yes but your strategy is wrong. I'm sure you have other toons that are worth using at your level. You need to rotate them in to build turn meter in earlier battles. I'm level 84 FTP, I routinely use about 8-12 toons in GW have 2-3 teams with between 37-42k power with decent synergy (rebels, empire, droids). If you manage turn meter right you should be able to kill off 1-2 toons per squad at the end and clean up with another squad (Daka is great at the end to play RNG)
  • Options
    A bit more info would be good about you squad, characters and gear levels etc. But part of the trouble is running your A squad through all the early nodes once they are gone your giving up a your turn meter advantage. I like to run through the first node with my a team and then for nodes 2 through 5 I'll sub out 2 for other characters for use later so that by the time I get to node 6 I'm using my a team again but I have a better team with preloaded turn meter so I don't just throw my guys to the wolves. On my main account which is also level 84 I'll preload 3-4 squads this way so I have lots of utility plus my main squad doesn't get hit as often so they have more protection for later on.
  • Options
    It's not just FTP, its when you started to play. I'm FTP and played since early December and I can easily beat GW usually without losing no more than 3 characters. But that wasn't always the case, just took longer to have the right characters, and most importantly higher gear level.
  • Options
    Yes but your strategy is wrong. I'm sure you have other toons that are worth using at your level. You need to rotate them in to build turn meter in earlier battles. I'm level 84 FTP, I routinely use about 8-12 toons in GW have 2-3 teams with between 37-42k power with decent synergy (rebels, empire, droids). If you manage turn meter right you should be able to kill off 1-2 toons per squad at the end and clean up with another squad (Daka is great at the end to play RNG)

Also send in suicide squads on harder nodes to burn off tm and specials before sending in your A-team. And healers on the easy nodes to repair wounded soldiers
  • Options
    I beat all nodes without much trouble. F2P. Just use palpatine.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I beat all nodes without much trouble. F2P. Just use palpatine.

This. I always have a Palpatine and a Yoda loaded for the last two nodes. Just manage RNG and it's impossible to lose.
  • Options
    yes it is posible, use more teams use stuns or royal guard or rebels to take down 1 guy at a time

it is v v hard tho