Do you think new chars added to GW w/ update?

Preemo_Magin
1826 posts Member
edited January 2016
I have hunchn they may add chars there. Anyone else thinks it's likely? I have witheld spending there about 16 days ago and have saved like 20k credits - but I am getting impatient.

Replies

• dkredsox
    242 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Pretty sure they said they would be adding shipment characters soon. I thought I saw that going around on here the other day.
  • Options
    Need to tie my hands then. Hope it doesn't take two months.
  • Options
    If you got 7* Lumi, Poggle, Phasma you could not spend them anyways (maybe IG86). Otherwise i would spend them on these toons in this order.
    It is pretty easy to acquire GW credits, do not see the point of holding on to it.
  • TavenRendar
    179 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If you got 7* Lumi, Poggle, Phasma you could not spend them anyways (maybe IG86). Otherwise i would spend them on these toons in this order.
    It is pretty easy to acquire GW credits, do not see the point of holding on to it.

I went Poggle, Phasma, Lumi but agreed, these are the characters to farm for haha.
  • Options

pretty much this without asctually resetting it u can buy 20 shards a day u get enough tokens for 15 a day so unless your gonna reset or work on multiple characters thereisnt to much point in hoarding
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Three resets costs 10 each. So with 5 shards sacrifice (400 credits) you can reset 3 times every 6 hours, for 15 per run or 60 shards per day....that costs 120. You can do that 3 more days and atill have two refreshes, which give you, 250 shards in 4 days and 6 hours.

That's like level 1* to 6 1/2 in 4 days for a nee char.

• Options
    Three resets costs 10 each. So with 5 shards sacrifice (400 credits) you can reset 3 times every 6 hours, for 15 per run or 60 shards per day....that costs 120. You can do that 3 more days and atill have two refreshes, which give you, 250 shards in 4 days and 6 hours.

The reset costs escalate so that may change the calculation.
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

No. Only 2 refreshes per day are 10 tokens then it goes to 50. The price doesn't reset every 6 hours. It resets at midnight.
    I have hunchn they may add chars there. Anyone else thinks it's likely? I have witheld spending there about 16 days ago and have saved like 20k credits - but I am getting impatient.

With the last update they added characters to every shipment. The precedent has been established.
  • TavenRendar
    179 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @HavokTrigger I actually don't remember them adding anything to Arena shipments but I do believe they will characters in at least 2 of the shipment areas.
  • Stekcir_Leinad
    270 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @HavokTrigger I actually don't remember them adding anything to Arena shipments but I do believe they will characters in at least 2 of the shipment areas.

They added Phasma.

Oh, you said arena. I should learn to read lol.
  • Options
    Oh my..then thx
  • Options
    They better add arena shipment characters because they all suck
  • Options

They added Phasma and Poe last time, right? most likely you will see similar types of additions.
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

You're right. Now I think its really odd I didn't notice it before. FO officer should have been added to arena.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    There seems to have been a bit of a power escalation when they released the last batch of new toons, the FA ones. You can tell by all the "Nerf Poe/FOTP/Phasma" posts. I expect Nerf Rey posts as soon as more higher level/star/gear ones start making their way into the arena/GW.

So, if the new toons follow the same path of power escalation, it might be wise to wait and see. Or pick ones that have specific abilities to counter teams your are having problems with (like a toon with buff removal for any team with Poe in it).

Or, depending how they implement the shard exchange, it might be more profitable to buy shards for toons you have that are already 7* so you can exchange them for toons in the shard exchange you want more. But I have a feeling it won't be that easy.

Krey