Overlooked characters for f2p players

SWHS
121 posts Member
Everyone seems to recommend the same things to f2p players "get Did, Lumi, Poe" or "Make a droid team" but I think there are some other overlooked gems that are also very accessible.

1. Geo - Not just good for f2p he's actually one of the best toons in the game period. He's also extremely accessible and an aggressive team with this guy and other heavy hitters will probably take you further faster in the arena than a healer like Lumi.

2. Luke - Slow but hits very hard and stuns.

3. Hoth Rebel Scout - Bad passive but good everything else.

4. Resistance Pilot - The poor man's FOTP.

5. Nightsister initiate - Very high health and good damage, great with Boba as her one skill is basically certain to crit. Also very accessible.

Replies

• JohnnyMakeBelieve
    204 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nute Gunray, I'm currently thinking of putting him on a assist/counter attack team so he could freely deal dmg while taunted and the opposing team would kind of HAVE to attack my 5's, Kylo, Phasma or Dooku/Daka IDK yet.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    Nute Gunray, I'm currently thinking of putting him on a assist/counter attack team so he could freely deal dmg while taunted and the opposing team would kind of HAVE to attack my 5's, Kylo, Phasma or Dooku/Daka IDK yet.

Yea he seems interesting. Teebo also seems interesting.
  • Options
    GS and Hoth Scout are both solid choices.

A Rebel team with Ackbar, Luke, Han and Hoth Scout would be formidable
  • Options
    After im done with sidous, lumi, im going to probably go for GS and Poggle unless CG add more toons with the next update then i will probably just go for them instead :).
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Options
    Next update there is a shard shop with Yoda most probably, so I guess they are not touching the current shipments.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    l3end3r wrote: »

I wanna try that but Han seems pretty weak and the best rebel, Leia, is impossible to get without dropping mad cash.
  • Options
    Greedo.

Farmable in arena. His special is as lame as they get but his basic hits really hard. Does well with phasma with a hard hitting basic and a good chance for a second hit.
  • Options
    GS on your side: Boss
    GS on enemy team: Piece of s*** you can never beat
    Had to level my toons up at least about 10 levels more on light side battles to comfortably beat a whole group of them
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    I stopped reading after I saw u had GS listed as "overlooked".....lol
  • Options
    It's a slow farm but Ewok Elder is pretty overlooked (for that reason I'm sure). Nute and teebo as mentioned also.
  • Options
    Kr4itok_ wrote: »
    It's a slow farm but Ewok Elder is pretty overlooked (for that reason I'm sure). Nute and teebo as mentioned also.

I just got Ewok elder and he is boss even at 2 stars. I hope he becomes available in a shipment or cantina node soon
  • Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • Options
    Geo is definitely the way to go, im solely focusing on geo now think he is perfect for my sidious led team he does lots of damage and has great assist but you got to heal him up unless you got him to starred up with purple gear lvl :).
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options

twaller wrote: »
    Kr4itok_ wrote: »

I just got Ewok elder and he is boss even at 2 stars. I hope he becomes available in a shipment or cantina node soon

I got a 2 star elder also from a pack. He's incredible in GW and I'd probably use him in arena if I could star him up but he's kinda hard to farm.
  • Options
    I was thinking about a stealth team since I have Leia.

Nute (leader)
    Teebo
    Leia
    Datcha
    Ewok elder or night sister acolyte which ever is better in the slot

All are easy farms except elder, Leia. I think Ventris or even plasma in her place could work. This odd squad might be a contender.
  • Options
    SWHS wrote: »

I wanna try that but Han seems pretty weak and the best rebel, Leia, is impossible to get without dropping mad cash.

With Ackbar as leader and combo'd with Phasma to take advantage of turn meter Han is better than Poe (imo).

I think as the game ages, all the premium characters from chromium packs will make their way to the table. After I get IG-88 to 7*, I'm gonna try to build it.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    SWHS wrote: »

With Ackbar as leader and combo'd with Phasma to take advantage of turn meter Han is better than Poe (imo).

I think as the game ages, all the premium characters from chromium packs will make their way to the table. After I get IG-88 to 7*, I'm gonna try to build it.

I'm going for a Did/Luke/Hoth scout crit/stun team but I will be going for Han and Akbar after as well.

All rebel and all resistance both seem potentially good to me and not impossible to farm for free.
  • Options
    I'm farming Biggs up. He's doing some decent damage and he has a call assist. Easy farm a plus...
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    I'm farming Biggs up. He's doing some decent damage and he has a call assist. Easy farm a plus...

I wanted to get Biggs but apparently his assist increases his crit chance not the assister. Makes him less desirable IMO.
  • Options
    I'm an F2P player, and I play with these characters: Sid (leader), JC, Poggle, Lumi and Daka.
    Now I'm trying to develop Poe, but I'm confused which character can be replaced. Now I'm at level 58.
    Sid can be farmed on Arena shipments.
    JC can be farmed on Cantina 3-1.
    Daka can be farmed on Cantina shipments.
    Lumi can be darmed on GW shipments.
    Poggle can be farmed on GW shipments.

Also I usually farm these characters on hard levels.
    Now Poggle has 4* and the others are 5*.
    All of them are on G7.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    Szecsa wrote: »
    I'm an F2P player, and I play with these characters: Sid (leader), JC, Poggle, Lumi and Daka.
    Now I'm trying to develop Poe, but I'm confused which character can be replaced. Now I'm at level 58.
    Sid can be farmed on Arena shipments.
    JC can be farmed on Cantina 3-1.
    Daka can be farmed on Cantina shipments.
    Lumi can be darmed on GW shipments.
    Poggle can be farmed on GW shipments.

Also I usually farm these characters on hard levels.
    Now Poggle has 4* and the others are 5*.
    All of them are on G7.

I don't think you need so many healers.

Look at any top tier team on a competitive server, they're all Poe + 4 DPS.

Build for damage. Healing is good for GW and LS/DS but arena is just single encounters and not dying at best gets you a draw, you win by killing the other team so build your squad to do that.