[iN] READ BEFORE YOU QUIT! The Big Bang

Stormy
951 posts Member
edited February 2016
Hey Everyone ;)

I created an article in response to seeing people quitting the same.

---> http://www.teaminstinct.net/the-big-bang/ <---

The article is posted on Team Instincts public forums for use of their formatting options that are not available on this site.

Thank you,
Stormy
Team Instinct
Post edited by Stormy on

Replies

• Options
    Nothing new, but I appreciate your optimism. If you truly knew the company you're putting your somewhat skeptical faith in, you would not hold out hope for too long, but I won't dismiss it out of hand so much as just warn you to temper your hopes and expectations more than you have already. Just because there is a lot to work with in developing the game for its future longevity does not mean that the artisan working it will deliver on that. Maybe we'll be unexpectedly surprised, but I've already personally lost interest in the game. As you mentioned, the game is so unpolished partially due to the deadline of the film release, but I really don't think we would have had something amazing in turn, had they been given more time. Just that there would be less excuses for such a poor game otherwise. Anyway, I'm in it mostly for the character collection, so it doesn't bother me too much that the gameplay and progression are a bit stunted. Just that, on principle, I like to gripe about all the shortcomings of these terrible mobile games. If they weren't so convenient, there would be less of a market for them beyond the vacuous masses.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options
    Stormy wrote: »
    Hey Everyone ;)

I created an article in response to seeing people quitting the same.

---> http://www.teaminstinct.net/the-big-bang/ <---

The article is posted on Team Instincts public forums for use of their formatting options that are not available on this site.

Thank you,
    Stormy
    Team Instinct

Would be nice if your forums were mobile friendly.
  • Options
    What issue are you experiencing on mobile? I haven't had a mobile issue on it yet.
  • Options
    What issue are you experiencing on mobile? I haven't had a mobile issue on it yet.

@Stormy
    He means the Instinct forums don't have a Mobile version like this forum does , therefore it's a bit harder to navigate around, i agree.

@xxgozitaxx
    Thanks for reading, we'll work on that in the future.

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Good read, thanks. I'm Javin Vigil on the Instinct forum.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Episode viii pushed back to allow time for more polish and balance
  • Options
    Good read. Thanks for sharing.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure you're right about Obama not having something to do with it. ;)
    Other than that, good motivational post. I'm optimistic as well.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    A lot of whales, dolphins on my friend list already quit, they are still at level 60 now lol. Anyway, I am still playing but in free mode. It s not about lack of updates but how EA deals with chars.
  • Options

@Stormy
    He means the Instinct forums don't have a Mobile version like this forum does , therefore it's a bit harder to navigate around, i agree.

@xxgozitaxx
    Thanks for reading, we'll work on that in the future.

I understand now Regen- thank you for clarifying!
  • Options
    +1
    I've been saying mostly the same stuff except I actually bought Dooku. No regrets from me.
  • Options
    Very nice stuff Stormy, this was a fun reading. I also share your optimism about this game’s future, which is the sole reason I payed lots of cash into it.
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • Options
    @Stormy @Ascansio arent you guys in team Instinct ? i'd like to join.
  • Options
    IceBlitz wrote: »
    @Stormy @Ascansio arent you guys in team Instinct ? i'd like to join.

Hey Ice ;) Check the EA Forum Topic: "Player Guilds" for our Team's App process. Thank you for your interest ;)
  • Options
    A lot of people talking about quitting lately- I think it's still early. Read Before you quit! Bump!
  • Options
    Insightful and nice take you have here.
  • Options
    They have to increase levels to 90, not 80... soon, or Im out.
  • Options
    Lol, I got the Kylo pack for the exact reason in your article...
  • Options
    The game is solid, Old School Final Fantasy meets Star Wars works great for me, it's a perfect storm. Primary problems I feel need to be addressed are drop rates for gear and either make a premium pack guaranteed not to give drops of shards for guys you have 7* or reduction in shard shop pricing/increase in number of creds from extra shards
  • Options
    IceBlitz wrote: »
    Stormy Ascansio arent you guys in team Instinct ? i'd like to join.
    Unless you have spent about 5k on the game, glllll. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • DarthBalls
    518 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If I knew then... What I know now... I'd have bought all the packs... And never bought a chromium pack.
  • Options
    ehhhh....
  • RAMifications
    189 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You almost lost me at "In fact, them giving up this early means they didn’t give the game any chance at all to prove itself" but I decided to give the article a chance.

I agree with all your criticism and none of the optimism and here is why:

I value my time

I value my money

I don't owe cg, ea, or star wars anything.

They took the chance to release early to ride the force awakens wave. Why should I care they wanted me to spend money on a crappy game so they could profit?

Saying anyone that is ready to quit hasn't given the game a chance is ****. They have to earn my money and time, not the other way around.

My problem isn't that the game isn't getting better fast enough, the problem is the game and the gouging are getting worse.

Saying it is to be expected from EA doesn't make it better.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Options
    The battlefront quote was pretty bad since it was released and it was an absolute disappointment its sticky and unbalanced and lacks many possible modes and tuning possibilities( so far ). I hope they do some upgtades to that1 since i loved the previous ones.

SWGOH on the other hand is still beta version and shows great promise but it remains to be seen how it will turn out so id advice ppl not to quit but at least wait and see ;)
  • Options
    Great read. A very interesting perspective that rings true.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    While I admire the effort you're making on behalf of this "game", I don't share your optimism. 4 months after release this app (I can't bring myself to call it a proper game) has one and ONLY one interesting feature - the Yoda event. It is the only thing that appeals to the collector inside me. All the other modes are practically non-existent, simplified to the point of running on full auto with the player making absolutely no difference. This is not a game. This is an app for collecting Pokemo... Star Wars cards. It has none of the appeal of CCGs with all of their problems.

You say this game will evolve during the coming year. My opinion is it will be gone by the time Rogue One is released. Maybe a tiny handful of die-hard fans (who've invested a lot of money in it) will still be playing. But will it be enough? I don't think so.
  • Options
    You should reign in the high expectations simply because they have zero obligation to improve the game on a massive level you're expecting. People are willing to dump tons of money on simple packs like the Aurodrium. That's all it takes for them to make money. New updates are more of a PR tool to draw in new players and rehook the old ones who won't be so quick to abandon something they've invested thousands in