Is there any guarantee Poe will not be nerfed?

Deathstroke
48 posts Member
edited January 2016
With all the whining on the forums about him being supposedly overwhelming to fight I am starting to get worried because this is the same thing that happened with Barriss. I personally think Poe is fine the way he is, but I can't be bothered to spend my time and effort trying to get him to 7 star if he's going to get screwed over like Barriss did.

Replies

• Options
    He will definitely be nerfed he is OP as hell. Teams that i easily beat without poe now are impossible with him in those teams. I did want to go for him but to me he is borderline broken needs a hard nerf and the same goes for leia.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    There are no guarantees. Ever.
  • Options
    well Leia is also broken as **** and has only been partially fixed so far

im riding the poe train for all its worth even tho im not using arena tokens atm ill just hoard them
  • Options
    Major updates sometimes includes revisions on hero abilities or stats.

Their stats/abilities could get scaled back OR their stats /abilities could get adjusted up. I'd like to think more heroes benefit and gain greater usage from the update.
  • Options
    He will definitely be nerfed he is OP as hell. Teams that i easily beat without poe now are impossible with him in those teams. I did want to go for him but to me he is borderline broken needs a hard nerf and the same goes for leia.

Teams that I would easily beat with ________ are impossible with them - that could be just about any good character if they are used well - FOTP, Old Ben, Dooku, Poggle, Daka - even Geonosian or IG-86 if they are used to their potential.

Just because a character is good does not mean they need to be nerfed or that they are broken.

That being said - there are never any guarantees. As much as people whine and complain who knows what will happen. Hopefully CG has the foresight to not damage the game by nerfing more characters. As soon as players have to always second guess investing in a good character - just as you are - it's a huge red flag of an issue in the game - one that will undermine the entire 'goal' of the game overall.

In order for this game to be successful, people need to want to get you to invest time, energy - and ultimately money - into enhance their characters and creating a better and better team. Who would invest any money into a character that could just be made useless by CG pandering to people calling for them to be nerfed?
  • Options
    I don't mean to compare this to an mmo but games like ESO, WoW, Destiny and FF XIV have pages of character changes every major content update. You should expect swings in the balance (of the Force) to happen every few months. It's just the nature of competitive rpg games.
  • Options

If the devs do the right thing and address the overall game balance (i.e. too much damage and speed), then no. But if they go with the quick fix, then most likely to be tweaked since Poe is the trigger to the imbalance at the moment.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I can't be bothered to spend my time and effort trying to get him to 7 star if he's going to get screwed over like Barriss did.
    There are no garantees any of your 5 arena chars will not be nerfed. Only probabilities. If you are using the popular/ cookie cutter characters, like poe, luminara, dooku and sidious, then those probabilities are higher.

Popular characters are popular for a reason, it's because they are strong and easy to fit into a team (not depending on specific gimmicks or synergies, like the nightsister squad or the droid squad). Thus higher chances of a nerf.

This excludes the amazingly strong P2P characters that are rarely seen simply because <1% of playerbase has access to them - Qui-Gon Jin, Leia, Aayla Secura, etc

So yes, once there is another major patch, there's a good chance Poe will be nerfed, along with some others overly popular characters. Yes, it sucks that my Luminara and Sidious will be nerfed after i sunk all that effort into gearing and promoting them, but thats the way the meta rolls and it's healthy for the game. As long as they dont gut themand keep them useful, i'm ok with it (i really need luminara as my galactic war leader and sidious as a self-healing bastion).

It sucks, but it's part of the game. My opinion: use him while you can, he's extremely strong in arena and he remains useful on the tank challenge, but you should really expect a nerf. I started playing nearly at the same time the barriss nerf came, and I still want her in my collection and try to use allies that have her as a leader. She's one of the best possible leaders for progress fights or trying to 3 star a new level. I do wish her basic attack healed for more (or more often).
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. I have him at 4 star and have been gearing him up lately but don't want to continue if he is going to get nerfed.

I have yet to face a Poe team so I can't comment on all the complaints but I will say I do hate when characters or weapons get nerfed in games just because it results in people having wasted their time to acquire them.
  • Options
    Poe is broken And will be nerfed in a way, Im sure.
    Not farming him Until the "big update" - if he will still be as OP as he is now I will start him then
  • Options
    I think they will buff him to give him additional 35% dodge against First Order Characters.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »

Can you guarantee that?
  • Options
    I have a Poe team and there are counters to him, Windu, Teebo, Ventress and others. At first I thought it was a bug when they nocked off my taunt. He isn't invincible and now I think he is well balanced with the Ventress fix. I think the night sister team is now fully able to deal with Poe teams.
  • Options
    I have a Poe team and there are counters to him, Windu, Teebo, Ventress and others. At first I thought it was a bug when they nocked off my taunt. He isn't invincible and now I think he is well balanced with the Ventress fix. I think the night sister team is now fully able to deal with Poe teams.
    Then you're not fully utilizing him. Do you have his speed at 143?
  • Options
    They should do like hearthstone. Where if something gets nerfed you get full value back for it. So if you are currently farming him then he gets nerfed you could cash him in and get your cantina coins back.

I myself am not to worried about it mainly because I feel I am gonna need at least another tank for when I hit the next tier of tank only challenges...and even then probably need 1 more after poe. Just have chewie 5s and royal gaurd atm..
  • Options
    I'm a little scared to farm Poe too. Right now, I'm hoarding my cantina credits (since even if I do spend it every chance I get, it wouldn't be that often daily)

I'm debating, should I farm Poe, Fives, or get 65 shards to promote Daka?
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Options
    I feel like all this talk about nerfing Poe is short-sighted in the extreme!

Think about this-

If you didn't have a fast-acting taunt character, then DPS characters like FOTP, Geo, I-86, I-88, Leia, and QGJ would decimate your entire squad with one-hits. Poe's taunt at least gives you some ability to have a chance.
    So, in essence, if they nerf Poe, then people will scream to nerf all the DPS toons, especially FOTP.
    I'm typically in top 3 Arena on my server, and I have to tell you, FOTP at 7* hits like a 50 caliber at close range. I once got hit with an 11k critical.... no joke... plus, at 7* FOTP's health is tankish!

If they decide to nerf Poe, then I'm I will be one of the first to scream nerf FOTP.

Anyhow, Devs should leave it alone and create something with new update that can possibly counter these effects...
  • Options
    Honestly they better. He leaves all tanks in the dust which was the EXACT reason they gave for Nerfing Barriss who many of us spent money to acquire. Poe had best for the fairness to those of us who bought Barriss and had her nerfeed because she"vastly outperformed" other healers. Honestly Poe is much more outperforming the other tanks than Barriss was healers. Lumi is absolutely awesome as a healer. Hits hard, big heal, 20% max health for 2 turns. The gap between her and Barriss is far less than it is between Poe and Han, Chewie, Opress, Guardian, 5's, ect. So based on the reasoning they gave to nerf Barriss they had better be nerfing Poe as he fits that exact reasoning.

Yes I can still beat teams with Poe so not a Wahh I can't beat him want to nerf. I simply want fair. Barriss was nerfed for leaving other healers "in the dust" Poe does that to other tanks. Fair is fair.
  • Options
    Poe just needs to have his speed reduced by a little thats it
  • Options
    Toons SHOULD be imbalanced. Yes I said it. This IS a P2W game... And their should be incentive to invest. What is key though, is that at lvl 60, the slightly better toons should be different at the next level increment. Nerfs are absolute **** and will keep spenders from investing. However, adjustments can and should be made at the next level barrier of gear. This action will result in making the game feel fresh, provide somewhat of a level of progression, and always keep the carrot in front of our faces.

Fully starring, gearing, and leveling a toon is a long and arduous process. This time or monetary commitment necessary should not result in an overnight nerf. That's like waiting 4 hours in a line at an amusement park and discovering when it's FINALLY your turn to ride that the workers decide to shut the ride down early. No wonder McDonalds now has breakfast all day now to stop the daily 10:31am raging...
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    I feel like all this talk about nerfing Poe is short-sighted in the extreme!

Think about this-

If you didn't have a fast-acting taunt character, then DPS characters like FOTP, Geo, I-86, I-88, Leia, and QGJ would decimate your entire squad with one-hits. Poe's taunt at least gives you some ability to have a chance.
    So, in essence, if they nerf Poe, then people will scream to nerf all the DPS toons, especially FOTP.
    I'm typically in top 3 Arena on my server, and I have to tell you, FOTP at 7* hits like a 50 caliber at close range. I once got hit with an 11k critical.... no joke... plus, at 7* FOTP's health is tankish!

If they decide to nerf Poe, then I'm I will be one of the first to scream nerf FOTP.

Anyhow, Devs should leave it alone and create something with new update that can possibly counter these effects...

Except the problem is that people are able to hide that DPS behind a Poe who is able to taunt, apply expose, and reduce your turn meter by 25%. Combine that with Phasma and their toons are capable of going two or three turns before yours take a single turn at which point at least two of your toons are already gone.

So yea....Poe is the problem that allows people to do exactly what you say you need him to prevent. All that matters is who's Poe taunts first.
  • Rheen
    269 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »

I c wat u did ther.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct