How many toons are actually needed?

I thought i just got. How many of the toons do we really need in the game, speacilly after the new GW. And ofc we are using our strongest toons in PvP and GW and the stroongest once that are usefull in the chalenges.

But what to do with the others? I mean for examples who do use the Royal Guard, Geonosian Soldier, Ewok Scout, Snow Trooper, IG-100 MagnaGuard, Plo Koon, Jedi Night Guardian, Clone Sergant etc.

Any ideers or sugedtions for those toons?

Replies

• Options
    I would say 15 heroes. 5 top heroes. 10 heroes who are 5 to 8 levels below your max.

A good bench is only way to win Galatic war. Also 3 healers and 2 taunters. Save your taunters for last two battles.
  • Options
    I'm all for having a nice stable of quality characters since it helps big time for GW. I have 6 top level/geared characters and could most likely complete the GW just using them but I prefer to throw in my back ups in late in later battles both to give them some sue and to make it easier on my top guys.

I also like collecting more characters since it gives me something to do in the app. Everything else has become repetitive and boring after close to two months so unlocking and gearing up new characters is nice.
  • Options
    I thought i just got. How many of the toons do we really need in the game, speacilly after the new GW. And ofc we are using our strongest toons in PvP and GW and the stroongest once that are usefull in the chalenges.

But what to do with the others? I mean for examples who do use the Royal Guard, Geonosian Soldier, Ewok Scout, Snow Trooper, IG-100 MagnaGuard, Plo Koon, Jedi Night Guardian, Clone Sergant etc.

Geonosian Soldier is really good, he's the new flavour of the month. Everybody at the top started using him
  • Options
    16 for me. 3 healers, 3 tanks, rest all dps.
  • Options
    The meaning with this discussion was, are all those other toon worth to open and use money energy and traimøning droids on. If u ask me not them all. Only maybe 15-20 toons is worth to go after the rest of them is just waste of time ...
  • Options
    This is a good thread, I was also wondering what are the "must have" Toons, but for me I am after more of the F2P then the P2P, can't keep dropping cash but I do occasionally lol.

Thanks
  • Options
    I want to collect them all.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    I want to collect them all.

Well so do I at some point, but some are more essential then others especially to stay competitive and move forward to farm and such.
  • Options
    I want to have them all and my lowest toon 4 stars.
  • Options
    The more the better. I only use 7 or 8 but I bring up 1 character to greatness every week or two.
  • Options
    I would say the more the absolute better probably say to be safe 20+ with at least 4-5 fully maxed toons the rest secondary fillers :).
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Options
    I actually use almost the same toons in both PvP and GW. In PvP my team is Lumi (leader), Asajj, Old Daka, Dafth Sidious and First Order TIE pilot and at GW i use almost this team as first and only change is Jedi Consular instead of Old Daka.

Other toon as second team or for some change os Chewbacca, Mace Windu, Ima-Gun Di, Cad Bane, Count Dooku and Captain Phasma.

Toons like Skywalker, Plo Koon, Talia, Jedi Knight Guardian, Old Ben and Ashoka is there for the challenges and most of them is my first toons. So lvled and used them in the start.
  • Wolf_359
    45 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have a Nightsister team excluding Daka who I'll open in 4 days. In place of Daka I'm using Lumi and I tend to use JC instead of Talia. She dies too fast.

I also have a 5* Boba I stopped using.

The Nightsister team is great in GW but horrible getting anywhere high in Squad Arena so I'm now working on Sid, Rey, Poggle, GS, and Poe. Another I'm trying to star up is Ewok Elder. Ewok Elder and Rey are slow going. One day I'll transition over to droids.

I have 8 in purple gear with 4 more 1 gear away. And 6 in gear 6.

But yeah I would like to have them all.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    I would say atleast 15. (6 as your main) and few more for Light/Dark side. Also we have Challenge to do, like Attack, support, Tank, etc)

• Options
    I have two really strong healers and a six star Sidious and I can usually make it through GW with only losing one or two players.
    Empire Relic
  • Options
    I have two really strong healers and a six star Sidious and I can usually make it through GW with only losing one or two players.

Thats what i am talking about. We dont need all the other toons. So why use time on them?
  • Options
    Well the game is more than just Squad Arena and Galactic War. You have the DS and the LS missions and the Challenges. If you aren't completing the DS and LS missions you aren't unlocking all your gear and if you aren't completing the challenges you are leaving gear, credits, training droids, and ability mats on the table.
  • Options

im using geonosian soldier 7*...he is terrific...always on my main squad at arena and GW
  • Options
    id level up more toons if theyd stop raising the level limit
  • Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    id level up more toons if theyd stop raising the level limit

I 100% AGREE!

I am building heroes. I use them. I use stragey. ALL heroes are useful. Even Nute. Even Snowtrooper.

They are fun. why only use 6 of your strongest hero? That would make game stupid. I use Teebo. I use Mace, I use Clone Trooper. All are fanatastic and I want to use.
  • Options
  • Options
    I have 13 lvl 60+ most almost max gear. I've been wondering who on my bench is worth using.

I've got Vader, Greedo, Luke, Bobba, Han, Mace Windu, Savage OP, Ashoka, Ig88 all benched at low lvl and gear.
  • Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    I have 13 lvl 60+ most almost max gear. I've been wondering who on my bench is worth using.

I've got Vader, Greedo, Luke, Bobba, Han, Mace Windu, Savage OP, Ashoka, Ig88 all benched at low lvl and gear.

Han is good for 2 battles in GW. So, up to u. I do like Han and if you can keep him alive, he can be a lifesaver in the last 3 battles.

Mace I'd gear and level as much as necessary (around level 50). He's important to get rid of Taunt. For me, the first 4 battles usually have a Chewy. The last 4 battles may have a Poe. So having a Mace could get you as far as #5 battle. He's tanky, so much better investment than Han.

Sorry, I'm not a fan of Luke, Savage, Ashoka, and 88.

GW heroes for me are Dooku, 5555, Kit Fisto, Teebo/Windu, healers (all of them), and Assist hitters (all of them)

let me know if you'd like more help.
    I'm 100% win rate for Galatic War since December. Ok, I like, maybe 98.5% win rate.
  • Options
    I 100% AGREE!

I am building heroes. I use them. I use stragey. ALL heroes are useful. Even Nute. Even Snowtrooper.

They are fun. why only use 6 of your strongest hero? That would make game stupid. I use Teebo. I use Mace, I use Clone Trooper. All are fantastic and I want to use.
    Teebo is my bro now that I started putting him in the lead for the INT challenge against Mace Windu. ^_^
    Royal Guard is the secret tech of this team though. I wonder if anyone knows about his ability to steal turn meter.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride