Cannot select ship in fleet battles

When I am in a ship battle the view shifts one way and it is impossible to select the ship you want a certain effect to be applied to. This is very annoying and frustrating. It is like one ship is on top of the other and I want the one behind.

Replies

• Options
    +1 when trying to click on a ship and it won't work. Please look into this and happens almost daily during battles @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    This is incredibly frustrating and has cost me so many battles cause I couldn't target my own ships properly. To be very clear the problem is the spacing of the ships and the angle of view. Without any buffs or debuffs on the ships it is fine. You can select whatever ships you want. Once a ship gets buffed in any way it then becomes very hard or impossible to target a ship "behind" it because the buff is in the way and no matter how many times you stab at the screen it won't select the ship you want. The only option at that point is target another none obscured ship (which doesn't help usually as the first choice was to save the loss of that ship) or put it into autobattle and hope the computer AI does what you would have done. A bad example of this is when the angle of view changes due to Ackbars command ship using its healing/shield buff ability. The angle becomes impossible to target some ships that are hidden behind other buffs. Please fix this. Either allow players to move the view around or make the buffs/debuffs non-taxable at that moment so you can click or touch through them. Something please!!!
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    There is usually a way around this. When it is your turn, hold down your unique icon until the description comes up. When that happens you should be able to select the ship you want. I don't know why that works but I find it does. This only works when you can't select any ship. This will not work when a ship is being blocked by buffs.

It doesn take away from the fact that this is an extremely annoying bug.
  • Options
    +1 It's already tough avoiding "draws" in fleet battles, this issue makes it even harder.
  • Options
    Its still an issue. When the camera pans during the time your capital ship can act, the ships that have difficulty being selected are: your own which is closest to your capital ship, and the opponents which is furthest away.