Should it be possible to resist a taunt?

Prev1
ichotolot
229 posts Member
edited January 2016
It kinda dumb that this cant be resisted despity the tenacy of your team or the potency of the
enemy tank.

Should it be possible to resist a taunt? 65 votes

Yes
32%
HyperalloyStekcir_LeinadRolfQeltarPokebreakerSyth_HunterLargKelleind3gaussMerilonichotolotSlythRinnRogerfanEM650TakKyuu2DeathstrokeCarlosMeetWorldMofojokers1992Triple_SLukeandrew11620 21 votes
No
67%
MrSandman93SenpaiBishopcosmicturtle333BarrokBlamRutankPreemo_MaginSkitskalleErdathdogwelder79TavenRendarDeathSSlayerD_MillennialRogan_Ban84DrNoCoolJugilismaaniItscaptainphasmaKeyvinesHeronmarKAULI 44 votes

Replies

• Options
    No
    ****? Why would this be the 1st game ever inwhich taunt is resistable? :neutral:
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Don't like the taunt? Remove it with your counter toon
  • Options
    Yes
    It wouldnt be the first game(World of Warcraft)
  • Options
    Yes
    Blam wrote: »
    I have Ventress, but her ability to remove a taunt can be resisted, while the taunt of an enemy
    always works...
  • Options
    No
    I propose that a taunt should become passive (not effective) if after a taunt that tank gets stunned.

If the tank is stunned, you can hit anyone until the taunter clears the taunt. This way, you have a way to lessen the effect of the taunt if you have the right chars.
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    Options
    No
    ichotolot wrote: »
    Blam wrote: »
    I have Ventress, but her ability to remove a taunt can be resisted, while the taunt of an enemy
    always works...

Ventress' ability definitely needs to be resisted less
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yes
    Absolutely. I see no reason why this one ability should work 100% of the time with no built-in counter at all.
    It's implemented as a buff, but it's really a debuff and should be resistable.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    No
    Omg WoW...lol
    Played that troll fest game for 8years.

By the way...I thought only bosses/NPCs could be immune to taunt and not the players.

• Options
    No
    Firstly, all Tanks need to have a massive overhaul as most are useless. Including a passive taunt like Royal Guard's or triggered by something else. The would also include a minor HP boost where applicable.

I think Taunting should make all Attackers and Tanks have to attack the taunter. Then healers and Supporters are free to attack whomever they wish
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    No
    I don't have an issue with the taunt. It is a buff. I have a problem with turn meters being manipulated as a debuff not being resistible. No problem with added to your own team's meters, but not the opponent team's meters.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    No
    It kinda dumb that this cant be resisted despity the tenacy of your team or the potency of the
    enemy tank.

since i already know who you're crying about, You can resist his expose.
  • Options
    Yes
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Absolutely. I see no reason why this one ability should work 100% of the time with no built-in counter at all.
    It's implemented as a buff, but it's really a debuff and should be resistable.

Indeed would create more unique teams to work around it. As it is a tank is unavoidable so you want one infront of your glass cannons.
  • Options
    Yes
    Rutank wrote: »
    enemy tank.

enemy tank.

No crying here. It just make doesnt sense,because every other ability can be resisted.
  • Options
    Yes
    Omg WoW...lol
    Played that troll fest game for 8years.

By the way...I thought only bosses/NPCs could be immune to taunt and not the players.

Pfft ummm no players can resist taunts ,I see why you quit
  • Options
    Yes
    Jedi should be able to resist taunts. It's part of their training to not be goaded into attacks.
  • Options
    No
    ****? Why would this be the 1st game ever inwhich taunt is resistable? :neutral:
    This :*
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Or how about an EA game? Taunts are resistable in Dragon Age. (Inquisition at least, I haven't played the others in a while.)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    No
    No, but I think that we should have more ways of breaking a taunt. As someone mentioned a stunned taunter could have their taunt paused until they are no longer stunned, or something similar.
  • Options
    No
    The last thing this game needs is more RNG or a further nerf to the weakest class of heroes. Terrible idea.
  • Options
    No
    Then why chewe exist?
  • Options
    Yes
    KAULI wrote: »
    Then why chewe exist?

Regarding that his taunt only lasts one round anyway: for 50 percent defense when used as as a leader
    and the chance for defense up.
  • Options
    No
    Then why chewe exist?

Regarding that his taunt only lasts one round anyway: for 50 percent defense when used as as a leader
    Isn't Asajj allowed to dispel Chewies Taunt?
    Dispelling that taunt just makes Chewie into a useless furball.
  • Options
    Yes
    Then why chewe exist?

Isn't Asajj allowed to dispel Chewies Taunt?
    Dispelling that taunt just makes Chewie into a useless furball.

Not completly useless if he is the leader,because you get 50 percent defense.
  • Options
    No
    50% defense means nothing.
    It was useful for my Rey as with one buff she gets attack buff with 2nd skill instead of evasion
  • Options
    No
    Of cuorse not.

the game is fine. Taunt is great. Use it!! Chewy has it. Stop the cry. Use the heroes to their max!
  • Options
    No
    Then why chewe exist?

Chewy one of the great tanks, taunt in game.

If savage has taunt he will be top 10 hero

Chewy is great. Get him to 5 stars and Gear VII. He is amazing hero.

Why Chewy? Gosh, you play game? He is so great!!!
  • Options
    No
    enemy tank.

enemy tank.

No crying here. It just make doesnt sense,because every other ability can be resisted.

Don't be so jealous. Taunt should not be resisted because of Poe. Stop being so troll.

You like discussion or you like your own toons to grow stronger because you cheat the system?
  • Options

Although I think the game mechanic is fine, and this is probably a veiled attempt to create another "nerf Poe" thread, I have to disagree with the quoted statement above.

Most of the game mechanics of this, and almost all other MMO's of this type, stem from PnP D&D, where the equivalent to Taunt is Intimidate. In that game, everyone can intimidate, it's just characters with high charisma do it the best, and characters with strong wisdom resist it the best.

The point being, it's not outlandish to suggest that Taunting be resistible, but for the limited scope of a game, such as this, it is reasonable to allow it to be irresistible.

So, no...keep Poe the way he is. :wink::smile::smiley:
  • Options
    No
    DarthThai wrote: »

Although I think the game mechanic is fine, and this is probably a veiled attempt to create another "nerf Poe" thread, I have to disagree with the quoted statement above.

Most of the game mechanics of this, and almost all other MMO's of this type, stem from PnP D&D, where the equivalent to Taunt is Intimidate. In that game, everyone can intimidate, it's just characters with high charisma do it the best, and characters with strong wisdom resist it the best.

The point being, it's not outlandish to suggest that Taunting be resistible, but for the limited scope of a game, such as this, it is reasonable to allow it to be irresistible.

So, no...keep Poe the way he is. :wink::smile::smiley:

Exactly. Go around or kill Poe. It's really easy.
    Get Poe if you must. It's an easy farm.

Get Poe killers (88 and Geonosian). Easy farm.

complain of taunt. what silliness

Resist Taunt. LOLZZZ

• Options
    No
    Rolf wrote: »
    Or how about an EA game? Taunts are resistable in Dragon Age. (Inquisition at least, I haven't played the others in a while.)

you seem to be comparing milk with oranges.