God Bless the People who put weak toons in tourney!!

Replies

• CerealKiller
    604 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Danbloo wrote: »
    I may try setting a bad team next time.

I have 0 interest in tournaments as they are plain and simple bad. I dont know anyone who likes taking part.

If me setting a bad team helps someone else enjoy a tournament thats good enough for me.
    Yeah I'm giving up PVP due to the p2w aspect all GW rewards go to ships, couldn't finish last node tooday anyways. I'll just tag and let the rest do their thing... there's just no point and devs won't listen.I like the ally points but then make 18k buy posible and lower cards rewards so that p2w can still keep ahead. No credits to upgrade toons there is just no point

FUnny enaugh other ppl in guild feel this way even tho we didn't comunicate about it. Some1 asked what position every1 is and 3 ppl just said we're not participating on this 1

Then rewards go 20 top 500 25 shards at 200 and you need 80 to activate. like 3 ppl get the ship lol

so pleas join us in rewarding those who put in the time by setting week squads and that's that

yw

Good lord, I am assuming you are a child because of the way you type and everything you type is just wrong and ****.

Like 3 people get ship? Wrong, top 25 per tourny server get to unlock.

Also, putting in low level teams as some sort of protest against tournaments is extremely **** and doesn't affect anything and still only hurts yourself. You complain ranking 1000 in arena. If you rank that low, putting in a low level team boosts everyone around the 1000 rank in the tourny which is probably where you would rank. Regardless of where you rank, you are helping other players to rank AHEAD of you and then you complain why you cant progress more???

Are you serious? That is like you cutting your leg off intentionally. And then you complain "oh poor me, I can't walk or run anymore. Everyone else has legs except me. Boo hoo." You did it to yourself and you complain. Complete **** in everything you typed.

1.Lol a child... that sounds like something a child would say.... but that's ok this is a game and there is nothing wrong with being a child
    2. Mobile devices + autocorect can make typing difficult but as a forum user I expect the ideea to reach across and not care about punctuation or spelling that much
    3. some people might not be native English speakers and yet took the time to learn the language and bring something to the table. For future reference such people would be very offended by such comments even if they won't show it IRL. To put things into perspective you couldn't learn their language so when some1 misspells often or writes in a bad way pleas consider they might not be native rather than children/stupid and when saying it so some1 know that it comes across as I'm better than you because *argument* and you are therefore bad because *argument*. IDRK either way but it might be smth worth for you to consider

4. Now for the point please read the posts again and I will provide further clarification about what we ment:
    a. The PVP system is unfair
    b.I used gear 11 toons but i still don't end up on top because there is a 1000 places variance
    c tournament works for 2 days and a few hours and you can't always get to play it the last day which in turn means you spent 2 days on it for nothing - you could have just tagged and be done with it
    d. the reward system is unbalanced for top 3 players on a continent server - they get the thing maxed but then from 200 to 100 rewards are 25 to 60 shards while from 200 to 500 they are 20 to 25 thus there is no balance just 1 tier above you usually get smth like 2-3 times the reward
    e.setting a weak team is better because the battle can go auto and much faster for every1 else
    f. this is a sign of protest towards the mentioned above points and partly we are saying please fix this concerns
    g. because of this we don't get to enjoy the event
    h. the refresh reset and ability to buy refreshes is unfair as f2p need to either chose ships in GW shipments or PVP, while p2w can simply buy the ally points and max other things from packs
    i. finally a system should include no refreshes since they are linked to use of currency, ranking should depend on numer of toons/gear/lvl and finally SKILL!!!!
    j. the way the system is setup now is unfair towards the f2p and therefore ppl are loosing interest
    k. Credits - f2p may have a large rooster but lack the money to upgrade all the toons thus they can't max owned characters and feel cheated by this -since they can't use half of the toons from day 1 of the PVP
    l. Then rewards go 20 top 500 25 shards at 200 and you need 80 to activate. like 3 ppl get the ship lol
    -meaning that they max it - and yes 25 open it but that is a low number and in 2 weeks opened doesn't mean very much - I have 45/50 shards for shore trooper for example and i worked hard for it - giving up on PVP would still reward similar number just slightly lower

5.Please understand I'm not complaining about it and still enjoy the game overall, ships are exciting and so on, but in general PVP has become tedious and a lot of people ended up giving up on it thus the weak squads

6.People that put weak squads in gave up on it and do not care about pvp and I would like this to change but why setup a strong squad if you don't participate? just to make others work harder to defeat you???

7.Please understand this is not personal, I'm explaining my comment and do apologize if I have offended you

8.Please share with us your view about these points in a constructive manner, without calling us whiners or children. Use arguments on the issue at hand :
    do you think it's fair?
    do you like the pvp the way it is now?
    Would you like anything to change in PVP?
    Does it feel good for you when you destroy a lvl 60 blue gear squad? - or maybe hate it?? - the topic -
    Credit distribution - is there any toons you would like to use in PVP that you can't due to the lack of credits? or are you ok with that and would like to keep it the way it is?

you know basicly content over format ...please.
    PS i'm ok with you troling us 2 just seems to me like we can have a conversation on these things :P
  • Options
    Arkham wrote: »
    Danbloo wrote: »
    Shout out to the people who put weak toons in the tourney!!!! God bless them!!

I've been doing a million tourney battles and most of the teams are 42k~48k but there have been a bunch of teams with a power of like 14k~18k and it makes doing these battles so much better when I don't have to do a bunch of hard teams!

This isn't done by accident. These are guild members teaming up to get easy points. Yes you benefit but they benefit more. If you do the same, you would just be helping them.

@Danbloo Obviously they are doing it on purpose, I know that. But how do they benefit more?

I did it on purpose.

How does having a strong team benefit me more? How does having a weak team benefit me more? Why does my defensive team matter to me at all?

It doesn't.

Worst case scenario, I give extra points to 1% of the other players in my shard. Best case scenario, the game matches me with weaker opponents because it sees how **** my defensive team is.

They have given us exactly ZERO incentive to care about our defensive teams. So I don't care.

So your saying that every tourney in the game, should be dominated by the guy in first place and his clan all the way to #100?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    At the same time, putting a strong defensive team doesn't help much of people can take your spot without having to fight you. They will just attackn another team and get the points. There is no incentive to put strong teams unless everyone does it. But then the same could be said about putting weak teams. Except not everyone has to put weak teams for you to get the benefit, just a good percentage, like 40%

I honestly don't get it. You realize that a weak defense team is going to hurt your performance, but at the same time you think a good team doesn't help... It's such an obvious contradiction..
    Just because they can still take your spot by attacking other teams, doesn't mean that they won't get even more points if your def team was weak.

I think the main problem is that some people care more about the tournament than others. If you don't care as much, you probably don't care about putting in a super strong defensive team. In your case, you seem to be extremely uptight about everyone else putting in a weak defensive team. Why does that even affect you? Why do you care so much about other peoples defense teams? If they want to put in a weak defensive team and make a few other people have a nicer day when they see it, why are you going to stop them?

Not caring is not an excuse to be wrong about something.
    You're actually not making people happier in the long run. It's like giving a child alot of candy, he is happy about it and you don't really care because you have alot of candy and dont understand the full implications of giving a child too much candy, but that child may become obese. Obviously this comparison is over the top.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    At the same time, putting a strong defensive team doesn't help much of people can take your spot without having to fight you. They will just attackn another team and get the points. There is no incentive to put strong teams unless everyone does it. But then the same could be said about putting weak teams. Except not everyone has to put weak teams for you to get the benefit, just a good percentage, like 40%

I honestly don't get it. You realize that a weak defense team is going to hurt your performance, but at the same time you think a good team doesn't help... It's such an obvious contradiction..
    Just because they can still take your spot by attacking other teams, doesn't mean that they won't get even more points if your def team was weak.

I think the main problem is that some people care more about the tournament than others. If you don't care as much, you probably don't care about putting in a super strong defensive team. In your case, you seem to be extremely uptight about everyone else putting in a weak defensive team. Why does that even affect you? Why do you care so much about other peoples defense teams? If they want to put in a weak defensive team and make a few other people have a nicer day when they see it, why are you going to stop them?

Not caring is not an excuse to be wrong about something.
    You're actually not making people happier in the long run. It's like giving a child alot of candy, he is happy about it and you don't really care because you have alot of candy and dont understand the full implications of giving a child too much candy, but that child may become obese. Obviously this comparison is over the top.

For me id like to get more parts it seems kinda unfair that rank 1 gets a free 4-5 star char while everybody who doesn't have 6 7*'s only get 5
  • Options
    I prefer the red turtle shell because it can protect my back from incoming projectiles. And if someone uses a mushroom to take my place in the race, he can eat the turtle shell.
  • Options
    Dude on my LB messed up and places Biggs as leader instead of Wedge. Easy points for everyone :)
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I don't care all that much about it but it is not hard to understand how a weak defensive team hurts you in the long run. (They are fun to run into though). Let me give you an example from yesterday...

I was down to about 4,500 ally points so I could not fully refresh my A squad. I was sitting at #88 and saw a team with 26,230 power staring at me. My ewoks were like 'Ooooh me!!! Ooooh me!!' (Poor CUP sat in the corner crying... not even a 26k squad was getting him off the bench).

Anyway, I fought this 26k squad for free with my 3 woks, Gam Guard, and Raid Han. Easy 50 points, shot me up into #72, which by cause and effect made everyone else from 88-73 drop down a spot. THAT is how it negatively affects you. I would not have jumped to #72 without my A squad if I had to fight one of the sea of Wiggs teams out there. That was 50 free points for me which affected 15 other people's position.

I saw a post out here with someone complaining that they finished 8 points out of #25. You can't see how people racking up free points possibly could have affected that finish?
  • Options
    All that said ^^ I do love running into the random crap squad from time to time. I know it is wrong but it feels so right!
  • Options
    When tourneys first arrived they made out that your defensive team was critical to your progression but I saw no evidence of that at all. It felt like they were trying to ensure players didn't dump weak teams on there which would totally upset the aplle cart.

Personally, I want the refresh button to disappear and I want to get the points my defensive team legitimately earn. That would make the tournament a lot more balanced and actually reward strong defensive teams which otherwise get a darn good ignoring.
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Options
    SifuSteve wrote: »
    When tourneys first arrived they made out that your defensive team was critical to your progression but I saw no evidence of that at all. It felt like they were trying to ensure players didn't dump weak teams on there which would totally upset the aplle cart.

Personally, I want the refresh button to disappear and I want to get the points my defensive team legitimately earn. That would make the tournament a lot more balanced and actually reward strong defensive teams which otherwise get a darn good ignoring.

The only problem with a super strong defensive team would be that people would see how strong you are and know that they would lose so they won't fight you.
  • Options
    I got one of these teams four minutes before payout. I was ranked 102 with only a couple hundred ally points left. Wiped the team out, got the 50 points and finished top 100. So yes, bless these people.
  • Options
    My defense team was unmodded Cup, ugnaught, ns acolyte, jkg, and mob enforcer and I finished with 0 points and if I had set a maxed out wiggs landakin sth squad I still would have finished with 0 points so your defense squad is pointless
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    My defense team was unmodded Cup, ugnaught, ns acolyte, jkg, and mob enforcer and I finished with 0 points and if I had set a maxed out wiggs landakin sth squad I still would have finished with 0 points so your defense squad is pointless

Your experience has no merit because you didn't put any effort into the tournament. The benefits of a strong defensive team aren't the points they earn for you (although technically they do) it's the points they prevent others from earning.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Schwin wrote: »
    I don't see how it matters plenty of people are cheating the system anyway so good on you for flipping the tournament the bird in the only way you can.

Hey hey hey! careful with your terminology there...

Its not CHEATING the system.. its GAMING the system :-D
  • Options
    If our defensive teams earned points I would say yes. Next tourney I will set an easy team as well. Maybe I won't get as many whales as match ups and can get somewhere
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Your experience has no merit because you didn't put any effort into the tournament. The benefits of a strong defensive team aren't the points they earn for you (although technically they do) it's the points they prevent others from earning.

My experience does have merit as I have 3 tournaments I tried the other way under my belt and no character to show for it because I either didn't have the crystals the ally points or the amount of time needed to place top tier I sit top 50 of my arena shard and can place top 10 on my days off and I complete galactic war everyday with little difficulty if my tournament was based off my shard I'd probably do pretty well instead I'm grouped in with a bunch of whales to fight a losing battle which is the experience alot of people have. This was actually my favourite tournament as I got free stuff for doing nothing it was an excellent effort to reward ratio
  • Options
    Shout out to the people who put weak toons in the tourney!!!! God bless them!!

I've been doing a million tourney battles and most of the teams are 42k~48k but there have been a bunch of teams with a power of like 14k~18k and it makes doing these battles so much better when I don't have to do a bunch of hard teams!

You're welcome!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

My experience does have merit as I have 3 tournaments I tried the other way under my belt and no character to show for it because I either didn't have the crystals the ally points or the amount of time needed to place top tier I sit top 50 of my arena shard and can place top 10 on my days off and I complete galactic war everyday with little difficulty if my tournament was based off my shard I'd probably do pretty well instead I'm grouped in with a bunch of whales to fight a losing battle which is the experience alot of people have. This was actually my favourite tournament as I got free stuff for doing nothing it was an excellent effort to reward ratio

arena rank is not really a good indication of how well you can expect to do in tournaments. Only active players participate in tournaments. Your arena leaderboard probably only has ~500 active players, a tournament leaderboard only has active players. So even if it's based on your arena shard and similar shards, you can't expect to finish top10 just because you can in arena.
  • Options
    We play a few people around me, and I'm sick of my server... I had like 50% more points from what they have and they are in top 200 and I barely made it to 1500
  • Options
    I set a defensive squad of around 14k and scored top 100 using ~50k ally points. Lvl 85 too.

And that was despite having to attend a function at my child's school in the last two hours of the tourney.

God bless the peeps who put in weak defensive squads?

You couldn't be more correct.
  • Options
    To the OP: You're welcome, I'm glad you liked it! My team had the mighty Tusken leader, Sun Fac and other scary monsters, all dressed in blue.
    And yes, I'm altruistic... If I made some of my fellow players' life easier and made them smile, I feel good about it. And yes, in returned God blessed me with half a Tie Fighter, like the guy just above.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    Tiggus wrote: »
    To the OP: You're welcome, I'm glad you liked it! My team had the mighty Tusken leader, Sun Fac and other scary monsters, all dressed in blue.
    And yes, I'm altruistic... If I made some of my fellow players' life easier and made them smile, I feel good about it. And yes, in returned God blessed me with half a Tie Fighter, like the guy just above.

From the depths of my heart ; thank you !!
    I enjoyed hitting you all with wedge in one shot. Put a smile on my face as I told your troops to go to (opposite of heaven) and then blasted them to bits with wedge!
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The not so smartness in here is amazing, do continue and let me grab some popcorn :D
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    The not so smartness in here is amazing, do continue and let me grab some popcorn :D

Ikr It's funny reading what people say on these forums.
  • Options
    Are people really this shall i say it "stupid". Not having a def makes u also have to fight harder to main tain ur rank. Cause everyone moving remotely close to u will get that free full score. Making u have to fight harder to maintain rank against harder def teams. U r pretty much purposely hindering ur tournament rank

Yes Yoda is worth farming
  • Options
    XJStryker wrote: »
    Are people really this shall i say it "****". Not having a def makes u also have to fight harder to main tain ur rank. Cause everyone moving remotely close to u will get that free full score. Making u have to fight harder to maintain rank against harder def teams. U r pretty much purposely hindering ur tournament rank

You can argue that way if you want, but keep in mind the argument can go both ways..... I won't go into details right here but you can read all the past posts on this thread. As there are a lot of posts both for and against putting weak toons in the tourney.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    weak defs in tournaments = less ally points needed to obtain points = more points needed to rank high = more time consuming tournaments

you're not finishing higher because you could battle weak def teams, everyone could have done the same. You finished higher because you were willing to spent more time on tournaments.

please stop spreading this nonsence that weak def teams are good for tournaments.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Don't know what to say here, it is obvious that by putting in a weak defensive team it helps others, not you. You score zero points defending. Why is this even argued?

That said, please put in the unusual combinations. I didn't dare to attack one all jawa team with X or XI gear as I had no idea how they worked. I did snipe out the Wiggs teams with slower Biggs than mine for full points, though, over and over again.
  • Options
    weak defs in tournaments = less ally points needed to obtain points = more points needed to rank high = more time consuming tournaments

you're not finishing higher because you could battle weak def teams, everyone could have done the same. You finished higher because you were willing to spent more time on tournaments.

please stop spreading this nonsence that weak def teams are good for tournaments.

The main reason I'm thinking about putting weak toons in is because I was facing 42k~47k+ power teams and my strongest team is 36k ....... I can hardly compete to begin with. Anybody who sees my team will probably attack it and win like 95% of the time so I don't see how a weak def team is that much of a curse to myself. Also if I want to put a weak def team in the tourney then I will deal with whatever "consequences" there might happen to be.