Is it known how to improve SPECIFIC statistics on ships?

It's become clear now that there are three general ways to improve your ships: level them up, improve their star count, and improve their pilot (in a variety of ways). However, nothing I've read here or elsewhere seems to indicate if there is a way to specifically improve one statistic over another. For instance, it would be extremely useful to know how to specifically improve Potency on a ship that inflicts Target Lock, or improve Speed to get the order your ships attack just right, and so on.

Does, perhaps, improving the pilot's stats in a given area in a particular way directly affect the ship? This has been eating at me and holding me back in improving my fleet so any answer would be great!
Officer in BDB, a "casual but competitive" guild that has Rancor and HAAT on farm, gets 37* in LS TB, and kicks butt in TW. PM if interested in joining!

Replies

• Options
    No one knows how this works yet?
    Officer in BDB, a "casual but competitive" guild that has Rancor and HAAT on farm, gets 37* in LS TB, and kicks butt in TW. PM if interested in joining!
  • Options
    You cannot. You can improve crew rating (by generally making your crew stronger), which contributes directly to speed, crit chance, potency, tenacity, etc. (according to SWGOH), or you can work on ship levels, which increases str, agi and tac of the ships (and they in turn work on the secondary things the same way they do for character levels). So far there are no shipmods which let you specifically add speed to a ship, and the crew's mods' stats don't carry over in any way.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    You cannot. You can improve crew rating (by generally making your crew stronger), which contributes directly to speed, crit chance, potency, tenacity, etc. (according to SWGOH), or you can work on ship levels, which increases str, agi and tac of the ships (and they in turn work on the secondary things the same way they do for character levels). So far there are no shipmods which let you specifically add speed to a ship, and the crew's mods' stats don't carry over in any way.

So swapping out a 3dot crap arrow with a 1dot speed arrow would not make the pilots ship faster, and would actually make its power less since the mod is a lower rarity?
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    So swapping out a 3dot **** arrow with a 1dot speed arrow would not make the pilots ship faster, and would actually make its power less since the mod is a lower rarity?
    Exactly.
  • Options
    Yeah, no, ships are 100% cookie-cutter. You cannot modifier their stats, and you cannot push one stat faster or stronger than every other stat. All you can do is increase crew rating, level of ship, and rarity of ship until you reach the desired stats.
  • Options
    Until ship mods come out,...............
  • Options
    danrussoa wrote: »
    Until ship mods come out,...............

I'm not sure if they will be like mods or if they will be customizable abilities, but there is a slot on the right hand side of the ship screen for "Hardware abilities". But for now, everything is the same
  • Options
    Well idk about all the I do know my highest lvl pilot (5s) has the biggest bonus on his ship in terms of damage and health/protection. At over 30k on each his ship at lvl 61 has close to 86k health/protection combined. And his bonus damage brings the ships total to 5600. He is g9 my second highest geared character next to yoda g10
  • Options
    I would imagine hardware abilities will be similar to Mods, possibly having to farm the droids which give different benefits to the ship
  • scuba
    14176 posts Member
    Options
    Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    Well idk about all the I do know my highest lvl pilot (5s) has the biggest bonus on his ship in terms of damage and health/protection. At over 30k on each his ship at lvl 61 has close to 86k health/protection combined. And his bonus damage brings the ships total to 5600. He is g9 my second highest geared character next to yoda g10

Easy to test... Swap all the mods keeping them as mk5 level 15 and you notice no change to the ships stats.
  • Options
    This makes it quite difficult to use Wedge vs a Republic team with Rex. Wedge's debuffs nearly always get resisted, giving your opponent's team protection for every character.
  • Options
    So then don't use Wedge. Adapt your fleet to accommodate your target. Contrary to popular belief Wedge is not the keystone player in this game.
  • Options
    Certainly Wedge's is not one of the better fleet ships. My point, not clearly stated, was that the inability to adjust for some stats (e.g., to increase potency) makes some ships less desireable.

The irony, of course, is that before mods we wouldn't have even thought of adjusting character stats.
  • Options
    Haha quite true. It's like the whole "If you give a mouse a cookie he'll want a glass of milk." Except in this case they took away the cookie (which I'm thrilled about, personally).
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Just wait for that hardware ability slot to come out.....