The Stormtrooper Fail

Prev1
Nodisintegtations
226 posts Member
edited December 2016
Ok so, I went to a new game, and in this new game I see the same thing I saw from my last new game. Wiggs, Wiggs, more Wiggs... Hey look it's a Rex team and another droid team all surrounded by 10 Wiggs combos!

EP still rules on my oldest server since last December. I'm obviously looking to go against the grain. Tarken, FTP, Vader, RG, and one other Empire dude.... hmm...

Oh here's something, it's an iconic Stormtrooper! Ya'll remember them, right??

Well I would love to invest in a STORMTROOPER, but Royal Guard and THE STORMTROOPER both give defense up. We are talking the worst synergy possible withen the small numbers (which I live off of) With RG and THE STORMTROOPER, iconic of all iconic characters, I can look forward to an overlap of Defense Up. Wow, really!?

Yup, and how about that Biggs and Wedge Sandwich!?!? No overlapping of lame skills, just pure kick ****, and they even give one of them completely free, with a ship!! How could anyone pass that up???

Replies

• Options
    No, really, the coolest army ever created completely failed in this game.

This is so sad.
  • Options

This is so sad.

+1
  • Options
    Well get yourself shoretrooper, then you can safely run stormtrooper without the double stack buff and gain crit immunity
  • Options
    Just be glad his passive doesn't make him miss every shot, that's really all they did in the movies...
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    Just be glad his passive doesn't make him miss every shot, that's really all they did in the movies...

Only because The Emperor told them to because he wanted Luke alive to be his new apprentice.
  • Options
    Stormtroopers die all the time and can't hit water if they were standing in a boat. They got murdered in droves by ewoks with sticks.

The Stormtrooper character is bad. But it's just as bad as stormtroopers in general.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

They took Leia's Tantive IV even though they had to enter through narrow choke points. Obi-Wan lauded Imperial Marksmanship when he and Luke discovered a sandcrawler of slaughtered Jawas.

The only reason they miss everything in Ep. IV is because Vader ORDERED them to let the rebels escape. Vader put a tracker on the Falcon to find the Rebel base.

What happened in Ep. V? Rebels get their butts handed to them on Hoth by the Empire.

In Ep. VI, it wasn't Vader but Palpatine who ordered the Stormtroopers to let the generator be captured. He planned it as a trap.

The Stormtroopers only appeared to have shoddy marksmanship because they were ordered to.
  • Options
    NovaPrime wrote: »

Only because The Emperor told them to because he wanted Luke alive to be his new apprentice.

So the Emperor wanted every other named character in the movies to be taken alive, too?
  • Options
    Ewoks owned them stormtroopers with rocks
  • Options
    Vagabond22 wrote: »

The ewoks were surprisingly awesome fighters! It was like Chuck Norris went to Build-a-Bear and created a super-army.
  • Options

They took Leia's Tantive IV even though they had to enter through narrow choke points. Obi-Wan lauded Imperial Marksmanship when he and Luke discovered a sandcrawler of slaughtered Jawas.

The only reason they miss everything in Ep. IV is because Vader ORDERED them to let the rebels escape. Vader put a tracker on the Falcon to find the Rebel base.

What happened in Ep. V? Rebels get their butts handed to them on Hoth by the Empire.

In Ep. VI, it wasn't Vader but Palpatine who ordered the Stormtroopers to let the generator be captured. He planned it as a trap.

The Stormtroopers only appeared to have shoddy marksmanship because they were ordered to.

They still totally missed c3po, and being a better shot than tuskens and rebels is expected anyways

Vader also wanted the Death Star plans back, and fought to protect it, if the stormtroopers defeated them it wouldn't have blown up. They needed those scouting drones to find the base, no trackers?

I think the lost due to the atat walker attack more than the snowtroopers, they were almost unbeatable

I really feel bad for them in that movie, they got beaten by ewoks. If they had won maybe the Death Star wouldn't have blown up a second time

Seriously though it's a great (the best in my opinion) movie trilogy, everyone I know including myself loves it, theres no need to get annoyed over how things turned out
  • Options
    I hope you are not implying that RG is iconic. Cause all they ever did is stand around and do nothing. Not sure there was even enough tape on them to figure out what they could even do.
  • Options

The ewoks were surprisingly awesome fighters! It was like Chuck Norris went to Build-a-Bear and created a super-army.

Well played. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    If I'm remembering correctly, weren't there hella blaster burns against the side if the sandcrawler? That Imperial Marksmanship line might have been insincere.
  • Options
    High5in wrote: »
    I hope you are not implying that RG is iconic. Cause all they ever did is stand around and do nothing. Not sure there was even enough tape on them to figure out what they could even do.

That's what he does her, stand around and get hit. :P
  • Options
    Wait, about Stormtroopers again?
  • Options

@Thor_Odinson1

You win internet
  • Options
    My Stormtrooper sees action in GW right after I've given up hope of winning, but before I give up wanting to play.

He inexplicably chooses to taunt, even though he is the weakest guy on the team. About a second and a half later, he's gone and the rest of my team is taking fire again.

They need to change his sound effect of being defeated to the standard studio audience reaction of a guy getting kicked in the groin.
  • Options
    Donheiser wrote: »
    My Stormtrooper sees action in GW right after I've given up hope of winning, but before I give up wanting to play.

He inexplicably chooses to taunt, even though he is the weakest guy on the team. About a second and a half later, he's gone and the rest of my team is taking fire again.

They need to change his sound effect of being defeated to the standard studio audience reaction of a guy getting kicked in the groin.

I'd suggest throwing an omega on his taunt... But he can barely last one turn, let alone three :#
  • Options

@Thor_Odinson1

You win internet

Haha not my joke though. Look up Studio C Emperor Palpatine videos.
  • Options
    lol I have a 7* gear 9 lvl 80 Stormtrooper.

Before he was replaced by TP, I used him as dps instead of a tank
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    It IS a shame that one of - probably - the top 5 iconic characters in the game is so terribly bad. In addition, his character model is one of the poorer quality models, he doesn't look so good.

I would welcome a Stormtrooper rework - because he's the Stormtrooper!
  • Options
    Stormtroopers were always really cool, not super powerful. What I'm proposing is a tweek with his skills to give him more synergy with Empire squads...
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    It IS a shame that one of - probably - the top 5 iconic characters in the game is so terribly bad. In addition, his character model is one of the poorer quality models, he doesn't look so good.

YES! A Stormtrooper rework would be great.
  • Options
    Ok so, I went to a new game, and in this new game I see the same thing I saw from my last new game. Wiggs, Wiggs, more Wiggs... Hey look it's a Rex team and another droid team all surrounded by 10 Wiggs combos!

EP still rules on my oldest server since last December. I'm obviously looking to go against the grain. Tarken, FTP, Vader, RG, and one other Empire dude.... hmm...

Oh here's something, it's an iconic Stormtrooper! Ya'll remember them, right??

Well I would love to invest in a STORMTROOPER, but Royal Guard and THE STORMTROOPER both give defense up. We are talking the worst synergy possible withen the small numbers (which I live off of) With RG and THE STORMTROOPER, iconic of all iconic characters, I can look forward to an overlap of Defense Up. Wow, really!?

Yup, and how about that Biggs and Wedge Sandwich!?!? No overlapping of lame skills, just pure kick ****, and they even give one of them completely free, with a ship!! How could anyone pass that up???

Not really, I mean in the movies a Stormtrooper couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if it was in it. So I mean isn't it natural that they are absolutely terrible?
  • Options
    They're a bad shot yes, but not as bad as Sandpeople.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q00MkIGSPKg
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Options

This is so sad.

The coolest army ever created is the CLONES!!! :):):)

Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »

I don't think a rework is necessary. Just a few tweaks to abilities and stats.

First off, it's pretty obvious he needs more health and armour. Now you can say what you will about the effectiveness of Stormtrooper armour in the movies, but if a Jedi in nothing but robes can take multiple shots to the chest and live, I think it's fair to say we're going more off game logic than movie logic here.

Secondly, I'd remove the defence up from his taunt and instead make the TM reduction 100%. This would basically mean that Stormtroopers are the anti-STHan. Instead of giving TM to his allies, he takes it from the enemy.

Also, I'd probably put some sort of minor debuff on his basic attack. Just something so that he can assist Empire teams' focus on debuffs, without it being as match-changing as ability block.
  • Options
    This is something for us old school gamers, and new school, and middle school.
    Just make The Stormtrooper revelant again.

Thankyou.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Stormtroopers all wore armor but i can't recall a single time where u see one eat a bolter blast and not fall. Poor marksmanship, poor armor, used in droves bcuz they aren't meant to take a beating, they r meant to overwhelm.