Grevious Phases of Tank Takedown Raid Need Modifying

I'm sure this has been raised before, but phases 1 and 3 of the AAT Raid are really not enjoyable at all. I'm glad they are hard, but when roughly 80-90 percent of the battle is spent just watching GG and his minions take shot after shot on my team, it sucks the joy out of raiding. Counter attacks, multiple attacks per turn, taunts, turn meter gains, cooldown resets for GG's side. Then there's speed down, DoTs, debuffs, defense down, tenacity down, offense down, expose, TMR and ability block for our teams. This seems like a severe overreaction to Teebo. Please Devs, make this a priority. Our guild is quickly losing interest in raids because nobody likes these phases. It's not fun getting hit five times in return for every one turn you get.

Replies

• Options
    His cooldowns make no sense, he spams all his abilities lol.
  • Options
    I found Yoda's tenacity buff to all allies to be quite useful
  • Options

Yes. Until B2 debuffs everyone.
  • ReVenGe_in_MiNd
    596 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Its all about timing. You want to use it just before GG's AoE.

Or stun B2, Yoda can also stun
  • Options

Its all about timing. You want to use it just before GG's AoE.

Or stun B2, Yoda can also stun

It's not as simple as that. It _might_ work once and for one squad only. B2 will erase it 9 times out of 10, and GG ignores it. The only hope to this phase is single target dps with multiple cleansers. Then you have to hope they don't get ability blocked before they can cleanse.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »

Yes. Until B2 debuffs everyone.

Then you're doing it wrong, Jedi2407. It's all about timing. Don't buff your team, if B2 is about to attack with his AoE and remember to kill/stun/ability block/shock him, before hitting any of the other droids. Otherwise you just risk filling his TM to the max.

The design is great. It's a challenge. New steategies need to be applied. New teams developed. Of course, if you don't manage to adapt, it will be discouraging — but then the problem is not design, but instead located a foot or two away from your screen.

But yes, I give you, that with all those opponents and graphics each turn takes longer than during the much simpler Pit raid.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    The answer to P1 is Jedi. IGD lead with Anakin, Aayla, Ahsoka and QGJ gets 5% fairly easily. So get 20 teams of people doing that and save the rest of your teams for P3 after you run out of Chirpatines.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    The problem with p1 is that Grevious can use his Baleful laugh ability after 10 attacks (7 heroic) but this doesn't seem to affect the 'normal' cooldown of this ability. So he often uses it 2 or 3 times in quick succession which is just overkill. I still think this is bugged and could explain some of the problems.
  • Durango
    113 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

The design is great. It's a challenge. New steategies need to be applied.
    I disagree quite a bit. Challenge is fine. Complex boss-fight mechanism is fine. Big health pool can be fine. Really, being difficult is okay. But you know what usually the good boss fight have in common in video game? Readability. You can plan ahead, anticipate the action and establish a strategy. You know at which time/health percentage the add will spawn. You have to know when the boss is vulnerable (because of cooldown) to be efficient. You have to know when and how it's the best time to pop your big heal, pop your big buff and when it's appropriate to unleash hell on minion or, on the contrary, when it's best to be defensive for one turn or two. That's basically (MMO) Boss fight 101, you have to reduce the random factor as much as possible. Having some RNG is fine, having some unpredictability is fine. But having to much randomness (or if mechanism are too hard to read) just kill all sense of strategy and plan.

Here, you have one jillions buff and debuff going on, there's Taunt proccing randomly (yes, randomly), and other taunt barely more predictable. In addition, you're supposed to keep track of how many time Grievous have taken damages already, to know how and when cooldown will reset. All that, as far as I know, without any counter or indicator.

What's the point of GG having cooldown if you can't rely on it? There's plenty of time where I lose track of "how many time did I hit Grievous". Between the random assist, the AOE or the counter, it can be a wild ride. Then you end up having to release you carefully prepared advantage-boosted nuke on some respawned, taunting, mob because the action are hard to read, unless you're taking note on the side. Which maybe I should do, granted, but this isn't heroic mode here, it's just casual T6 I'm talking about.

You want to attack Grievous? Too bad, there's randomly B2 gaining huge turn meter boost debuffing you and cleaning your buff. You want to attack that B2? Too bad, there's Grievous tactical maneuvering that makes him gain turn meter and increased damage buff. What's the strat, then? Well, unless you can get huge DPS in all your team, there's little to none. For my team A and B, it frustrating but somewhat manageable. For the C - D - E team, I found it to be more efficient to attack Grievous everytime you can, ignoring minions than dealing with them. Tank and spank for 35 millions HP, yay, so funny.