Darth Vader was not a Droid...

Prev134
nokenndo
24 posts Member
edited April 2017
It has come to my humble attention that there may be people out there that are of the opinion that Darth Vader was a droid. Unbelievable. I am at once both perplexed and speechless. Fortunately for all of you, I can still type as discussion must be duly had.

While I can appreciate the argument that General Grievous was a droid – despite containing organic matter – such logic does not pass muster in the context of Anakin Skywalker’s transformation to Darth Vader. Sure Old Obi Wan said that he is more machine than man (or something to that effect), Darth Vader merely lost both his legs and his arm. That’s only three-quarters of his extremities. His torso and neck and head remained essentially intact – albeit somewhat damaged. ...Not quite sure why he wore a portable respirator, but assume that his lungs were damages by the hot air by the molten lava flows. Were his internal organs likewise damaged? This is something I was wondering about: Did he develop urological problems and was incapable of relieving himself as a man would normally do so? His lower torso was indeed closer to the lava... Also, I don't know if his outfit had any zippers or other mechanism to remove it if he had to run to the bathroom.... Was his suit akin to that of an astronaut’s suit where excretions were stored? Considering that technology was so advance that interstellar travel was the norm, perhaps it's not a stretch to assume that there was a process to recycle such fluids and excrement… I mean, did we ever see Darth Vader eat or drink? Yet, the foregoing notwithstanding, how would Obi Wan know these things anyway? His utterance is completely speculative, arbitrary and capricious. Unless there is evidence to the contrary, we must accept that Darth Vader was more man than machine, and moreover, clearly not a droid.

And thus, here ends my ramblings… I would love to hear any counter arguments.

Humbly posted, and in closing, kindly note
Rey is OP
Post edited by nokenndo on

Replies

• Options
    Do people actually think he needs The droid tag?!! That's rediculous he's still a human in a suit, he's Anakin sky walker, grievous became a machine and he was altered by Palestine , Vader was still himself.
  • Options
    You clearly got too much time on your hands ))
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    lukeroks wrote: »
    Do people actually think he needs The droid tag?!! That's rediculous he's still a human in a suit, he's Anakin sky walker, grievous became a machine and he was altered by Palestine , Vader was still himself.
    What are you stu-pid? Vader SHOULD be a bloody droid! He too was "altered" by PALPATINE duh
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • Options
    nokenndo wrote: »
    Rey is OP

I was with you until that part. Sorry, she doesn't even show up in top end arena teams. That might be the longest set up I've ever seen just to complain about Rey.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    SlyBeats wrote: »
    What are you stu-pid? Vader SHOULD be a bloody droid! He too was "altered" by PALPATINE duh

Wow... can people get any more stubborn?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options

You are using a stu-pid and unecessary language... However, he may be altered, but he reacted killing palp. So, don't act in a **** way judging other people.
  • Options
    Supercat wrote: »

Clearly you don't have a brain that Darth Vader should be a droid. He's More machine than anything else. He doesn't even have that which makes a man a man.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Clearly you don't have a brain that Darth Vader should be a droid. He's More machine than anything else. He doesn't even have that which makes a man a man.

Being "more machine than man" doesn't make you a droid. Grievous himself said he wasn't a droid.

BTW it is called a "cyborg"
  • Options

Being "more machine than man" doesn't make you a droid. Grievous himself said he wasn't a droid.

+1
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Grevious never stated that he "wasn't" a droid. Cyborgs are totally different subject
  • Options

Grevious never stated that he "wasn't" a droid. Cyborgs are totally different subject

Can you please give us any canon or legends source that says grievous was actually a droid?
  • Options
    And no. Vader is not a droid.
  • yoda_san
    150 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    yoda_san wrote: »

Can you please give us any canon or legends source that says grievous or vader was actually a droid?

Edit

• Options

Have you the clone wars? He gets angry at people for calling him a droid? Remember the conversation he has about getting the armor?

How are cyborgs a different subject?

Denial is real.
  • Options
    Well. We don't actually know the extent of Vader's cybernetics. We know the damage he got at the end of the third movie, but he was the empire's muscle for 16 or more years between that and A New Hope. Who knows what other damage he took in that time?
  • Options

Have you the clone wars? He gets angry at people for calling him a droid? Remember the conversation he has about getting the armor?

How are cyborgs a different subject?

Denial is real.

+1
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Cyborgs are different. Vader was a droid and his thinking process was like an AI from the force so he could make choices. Technically Vader is a droid so they should patch him up with the tag! It's the only thing that makes sense. Droid definition is a person who is lifeless and mechanical. Google it
  • Options
    Is an android or cyborg a sentient being???
    Or are they merely executing their programming???

I say having mechanical parts does not make one a cyborg or andriod. Case in point: Compare the Six-Million Dollar Man and the Cyberdyne Systems series T-800 Model 101 Terminator, which had living tissue over a metal endoskeleton. Indisputably, the later was a cyborg. Yet Vader retained the Freudian Id, Ego and Superego, which tilts that balance in favor of man over machine. Potential loss of genitalia notwithstanding, man in this context is referable to being human as opposed to sex classification.

General Grievous merely had his head, respiratory system, and a heart within the mechanical body, so, the argument is that's more metal than man. And thus, he gets tagged a droid. Ok, I get that. However, he is still a sentient being -- so the counter-argument also has merit. Parenthetically, I don't know why he would maintain the vulnerabilities of an organic heart rather than a mechanical one to sustain his brain, but that's another discussion for another day....

As far as we know, Vader still had his torso and above. Thus, that makes him more man than machine...

@ Nikoms565: Cheers!

• Options
    Cyborgs are real!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Cyborgs are different. Vader was a droid and his thinking process was like an AI from the force so he could make choices. Technically Vader is a droid so they should patch him up with the tag! It's the only thing that makes sense. Droid definition is a person who is lifeless and mechanical. Google it

Well, not exactly with the droid definition... Droid is more commonly that which is lifeless and mechanical... An Android, besides being a type of cellphone, is a type of robot with human appearance, an automaton, cyborg, droid or bot...

May the Force Be With You...
  • Options
    If he has no balls then to me he is not a man but yes maybe a cyborg since you explain and I understanding but I still believe he should have a droid tag in respect to his mechanical parts and what not just as Grevious was tagged even though he still had heart and brain. But yes I understand you more
  • Options

"Vader was a droid and his thinking process was like an AI from the force so he could make choices."

Source pls.
  • Options

Can you please give us any canon or legends source that says grievous was actually a droid?

Grievous was originally (before all the cybernetics) a Kaleesh.

latest?cb=20061205191444
    2535214-grievous_original.jpg
    braaaiins.jpg

• Options

"Vader was a droid and his thinking process was like an AI from the force so he could make choices."

Source pls.

Why you hating on me Yoda? What did I ever do to you? Ok I see now that GG was human.
  • Options
    Finally, some good news!
    Im not the biggest nerd ive seen in these threads anymore...
  • Options

Source pls.

Why you hating on me Yoda? What did I ever do to you? Ok I see now that GG was human.

Thank you for reading my comment and understanding. I just wanted to correct you on your claims. Sorry if i was mean.

(Just one more note: Grievous was never a human but a Kaleesh see Darthensteins post above)

Its very late so im gonna go and get some sleep.

Bye.
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Source pls.

Thank you for reading my comment and understanding. I just wanted to correct you on your claims. Sorry if i was mean.

(Just one more note: Grievous was never a human but a Kaleesh see Darthensteins post above)

Its very late so im gonna go and get some sleep.

Bye.

I love you too, let's hang out :smile:
  • Options

So my thinking process and yours are both AIs?
  • Options
    Useless thread
  • Options

So my thinking process and yours are both AIs?

No! My God unless uou were cut up by some devastating event like anakin where you needed "artificial" parts to make you and support your brain/body whole then and only then will you have artificial intelligence. Vader was lucky to be a force user so the force flowed through his AI like I mentioned above