Which mods should I go for?

Ring
559 posts Member
I had a pretty long (couple of months) break from GoH. Came back about 2 months ago, trying to make up for the lost time. I'm doing relatively ok (currently lvl 81, top 500 in Arena, first in Fleets) but the mods I have are random 1° ones I got from doing the battles. As a result my team(-s) are pretty much useless in raids. Since I have a decent Rebel team (Wedge, Biggs, Lando, STHan, 4* Chirrut/6*RG), I wanted to take a break from farming cantina nodes and go after mods.

And this is where I come to my main question. Should I first try to work on 5° Health mods to give my team some survivability before going after Speed Mods? Should I go for CritChance? Dmg? A mix of those?

Replies

• Options
    Honestly the mods itself aren't important - the primary stat and rarity is. So getting health mods isn't a bad thing.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Aknf2001 wrote: »
    Honestly the mods itself aren't important - the primary stat and rarity is. So getting health mods isn't a bad thing.

Ok, so what's the most crucial primary stat? I had a look at the top arena players in my shard and they are all running CritDmg/CritChance mods with Offense, Speed and Defense. Are only those 3 worth farming?
  • Baze
    182 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Depends on who gets the mods and how you plan to apply them to your team.

I.e. you wouldn't want to give your best speed/crit dmg/crit chance to your tanks, nor give your highest defence/health/protection to your DD'ers. Each mod has its own unique talents that need to go onto the ideal character.

The one attribute that stands over all other stats is speed. So you might want to focus on getting the highest speed secondaries as possible and put them on your highest DD or dispeller.
  • Options
    For arena PvP, speed is the most important in general except for few specific characters. Crit isn't as important because you'd typically want to take out their DD first who usually have low HP anyway. And crit damage mod takes up 4 slots for 30% and crit chance mod increase is minimal. But speed dictates who goes first so having it higher than opponent makes world of difference. So even tho 2 speed mod only increases 5%, if that 5% takes you higher than your opponent (who probably thought that 5% is insignificant), then that's all you need.