GoH long term health is a MAJOR Concern!!

We all enjoy this game and want it to be better but it concerns me how GoH doesn't have simple features that exist in every game similar to this one! I would expect a game backed by EA to be more polished then GoH currently is..

How is there STILL no events?? I would be happy with even a weekly event let alone other games that have events every few days where you can earn special rewards to buy in game tokens, energy, etc..

Where is the VIP? Why is there STILL no chat? No Raid Bosses? Not to mention so many other features that other games have. It absolutely baffles me how these features are not in place yet.

They want 10.99 for a 21 day subscription .. that's a major concern cause this game sorely lacks content.. I can't justify paying a dollar more when there are so many games out there more worthy then this one! They have developers pumping out events and new content constantly so I feel they deserve the money.

EA and CG are simply cashing in on the Star Wars license..

Replies

• JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options
    I like it.
  • Options
    I like it, too. It says a lot that I've been playing it (a lot) every day for nearly 2 months and I'm still playing it, lol.
  • Options
    I agree 100% with the statement. I would leave CG out though, as anyone that has played a game made by EA knows they are always launched early with balance issues and bugs. CG is just making a product they genuinely care about while EA try to grape as much money from you as they can before abandoning the half finished game for the next cash cow.
  • Options
    Umm how many games have you played when they just launched? I'm guessing this is your first.

I have played many games when they first launched and 75% of them didn't have there first event until about 6 months in. This game hasn't even been out 2 months yet.

I remember first events in SWFC, and after almost a year they finally brought in legions ( same as guilds ).

The game is new. I expect guilds will be introduced before events, as I'm expecting my St events to be more guild based ( raids ), than single person.

And to be honest. I wished they would have never brought back the crystal subscription packages. Most have done nothing but complained about it when it's actually a good deal. Everyone is wanting the same deal for less money. You do know they didn't have to do it to begin with.

I know i usually use around 500-700 crystals a day so I like the deal. It comes at a great time for me as I'm close to using all my crystals I've saved from my PvP rewards.
  • Options
    Yes, the game desperately needs new modes as even some big time fans on this forum seem to be seeing how simplistic and empty the app is. I understand it is fairly new and it seems set up for the long haul but you should try and keep long term players interested and it sure seems many of us early players are losing that interest and we're stuck having to believe they will make the app better in the future which isn't a guarantee of course.

Events would be a major boost as they would give something to play for as long as they offered decent rewards. The only other game like this I used to play was NFL Matchups and it had events and they were what I looked forward to as did most.

There is no doubt great potential in this app but the realist in me though expects things to not reach that potential and instead we'll be stuck with the same modes and just get more level cap increases, a few new characters and a few more changes that push the p2w aspect (it's already starting to go down that path now) which will in turn make f2p and mild spenders annoyed and perhaps quit.
  • Options
    My friends are starting to notice the severe lack of variety as well. Sure there are a ton of characters, but how many of those are actually viable if you want to be competitive? 10?
  • Options
    The biggest issue is the lack of events. I get your still working out the kinks but most app games I play have weekly events. I just see they could be doing so much more with this game and its frustrating now that its been a couple of months...

To the argument that this is a new game well your right but most games I played had many features at launch that this one still doesn't.
  • Options
    How can anyone not see that this was thrown together pretty sloppy!! Almost 10 broken characters with functions that don't work right, the targeting bug, minor interface bugs, sketchy notes on updates and new features, it's bordering on a complete mess and then the $1000s to buy IAP for this??

When I started Day 1 and saw the game and the prices, I laughed because the experience doesn't justify the cost. Free and pay players aren't very happy, look at the forum war zone we have here!!

I don't know what's wrong here but EA and CG need to get their game up, to a way higher level than this amateurish stuff I've seen so far.

Unless you guys want this to fail before 2017, let's see some organization and logical movements, not this underwhelming mess of disorder...
  • Options
    People need to learn patience! As others said this game has been out for like 2 months you shouldn't be locked to your phone 24/7 ready to press buttons at every second of the day on a mobile game. Content will come with due time let the developers do what they do you know develop
  • Options
    FYI... I work in this field for almost 30 years, rolling out software, patches and updates. If I didn't present concise and accurate release notes and 100% working content without good reasons, I would have been fired because my companies business would grind to a halt without working product and we would hemorrhage millions, not good for my career...
  • Options
    FYI... I work in this field for almost 30 years, rolling out software, patches and updates. If I didn't present concise and accurate release notes and 100% working content without good reasons, I would have been fired because my companies business would grind to a halt without working product and we would hemorrhage millions, not good for my career...

Maybe 15-30 years ago I would agree with you but obviously in our day of age it has changed a lot where when we used to get solid quality products right away with constant support has turned in half **** products with constant half patches to even get things to work properly.

Now a days we just need to give them time
  • Options
    The game definitely needs more content desperately and the dev team is awful slow unveiling anything.

The 70 patch was likely already made and CG just had to decide when to push it out, like EA does with all types of DLC, selling unfinished games.

The "shard shop" is hardly an update and is an issue that should have been resolved before the game left the beta stage.

I really enjoy SWGoH but my interest is waning quickly.

The last real content patch was a cash grab from the new movie, but at least it gave us new characters.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Options

Ion we may not always see eye to eye but I will defend the industry on this one because you work in IT you don't work in the entertainment industry , computers in the last 30 years have changed dramatically and it's like the way as someone with a masters in engineering I despise people with IT bachelors saying they are comp scientists no your a programmer at best !

But I say that to say that i having worked for both Sony and EA before changing out of the industry for a bit that until you developed entertainment software you don't know anything ... In security and analysts it so much easier now because we look for holes and develope logical corrections they have to do all that and make it fun with art! So while everyone here will bash these guys.. Because your ignorant they are not EA mothership, they have a small team of dedicated professionals in Sacramento and if you look up capital games they have tons of photos of the teams online there

This game has problems, and is not perfect.... But let's be brutally clear, this is a great game, you all would not be posting here and having so much passion if it did not, you would not put thought into it if it was not a good game, the free or paying player clearly want more content....more fixes to make it even better but you know when a game is dying? It's when no one is asking if it's dying....

That's how you know this game has a strong base... I hope people continue to post thoughts, suggestions, changes AND PRAISE but some more thoughtfuly written responses and posts would be a change from all this F U CG /EA nonsense, it's not productive , does nothing, and ultimately slows down real threads because people have to respond to an emotion as opposed to actual facts

But it's the Internet , so do what you want but I hope all you remember these are people who care enough to make this great game, and are clearly working to make it better with cheating changes, shard exchange, updates, and more content coming in February....dunno seems like they are doing. A lot just not as fast as we all want because we want to keep playing
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Fixes > new content

Its a new game, there is alot needing fixed. Adding new stuff only adds bugs. Then you all will cry even more. Give it time, domt rush them to rush us bew content when they need to fix what we have first. THEN new stuff they can focus on is a good idea
  • Options
    When was the last time any game was actually released complete?

Console games have been riddled with bugs for the past few years and mobile games have always been this way.

It is the way the business is run now. Instead of putting the effort into creating a fixed game they release it half finished and see if it sells well.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Game is 2 months old. Although I agree more stuff can be added, the game is only freaking 2 months old. Let's fix the bugs first please before dropping in new features.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    The release was also likely pushed to coincede with ep. VII, hence the unfinished state... I am pretty sure that in a few moths, things will get much better. After all, EA would be dumb if they didn't keep it live at least over the whole new trilogy.
  • Options
    I think they had to choose between a minimal viable product/game or a completely bugfree one which would will take another year to develope. I'm glad they launched a Star Wars game that can be played on a daily base, even with aor few bugs or lack of content, rather then the promise of a game.
  • Options
    They should have took their time. I feel like they rushed because of the new movie and they are just trying to get in on the mobile game craze. There is a standard to which everything is made and I feel like square enix. games are the standard for rpg games and they should take some notes at ea
  • Options
    Depends how you look at it. In a year or so we exactly have the game we want. Instead of the game we thought we wanted.
  • Options
    I'm not saying I don't think it will be improved I just hope there is actually improvement because I do fear for this game if they don't do something productive soon
  • Options
    A gesture of goodwill if you will that shows they are actually interested in their customers and products otherwise I'd say they need to stick with sports games lol
  • Options
    For an app game that is charging the highest subscription rate I'm currently aware of, 10.99 for 21 days, you would think they would at least have some weekly events.

How great would it be to have weekly challenges where you can only use rebel, empire, sith, etc in these events. The rewards could be anything from tokens, crystals, to a new form of currency for that specific event where you can buy more energy, credits, items... It would give us a reason to build up other characters and be excited about it.

I just feel they are missing out on so much and its frustrating. Again, I enjoy this game and want it to be successful but they, at least to me, seem to be doing very little with the content. They have given us a subscription though... just saying. :wink:

• Options
    $TAR WAR$
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Krix
    99 posts Member
    Options
    90% of people playing this game find the lvl 60-70 haul is what makes them quit this game altogether. The lack of content and repetitive gameplay just doesn't cut it in the long-term players mind. This game is a short term cash grab.
    Realize this now and be rid of this weak mobile game title from EA.