What about a Gear Heist ?

Simple idea, Simple Thread. Vote +1 if you like.

(The amount of purple Gear needed is staggering. syringes, cuffs, MkIII Carbanti, you name it, but please no Mk V Keyboard or some such nonsense)
I choose the Red Pill.

Replies

• Options
    As long as it covers the bases for the hard-to-get stuff - purple long farms, not the raid exclusives - i'm game.
  • Kcm
    84 posts Member
    Options
    yes pls
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @CG and if you're worried about bandits getting too much love, how about Separatists being the required faction ?
    Post edited by aerendhil on
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    But you can buy that stuff at 5-10 pieces a day from the SHIP store instead of meaningless stuff like.... ships, zeta materials and premium toons... Clearly you are doing something wrong.

PS Putting the droid callers and mk 5 laptops into the training droid heist already shows that they are trolling us. (or worse, have absolutely no idea what the in-game economy needs)
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    +1
    Post edited by RancorPackGuild on
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    You're thinking of the Imperial and Ewok assault events. Sadly though they threw in so much easily farmed gear and gear from challenges, that those pieces became rare drops in an event meant to reward endgame players with hard to obtain gear.

When they do decide to bring those two events around again, maybe even a third one with two different factions, they throw out the easily gotten trash and replace it with the new gear. Minus tank raid gear of course, I'm sure someone would have assumed I meant those as well.
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    War wrote: »
    You're thinking of the Imperial and Ewok assault events. .

No I am talking about a new bi-monthly event that awards much needed Gear. Very much like the current heist we have.

Post edited by aerendhil on
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not sure how this would end up like the raid rewards..... you will still get 100s of what you don't need.

They did add some needed gear to ship store.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    They did add some needed gear to ship store.

Considering the prices (600 fleet tokens for 5 pièces of standard purple gear) and the need for blueprints, this is a troll answer. seriously.

I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    aerendhil wrote: »
    Simple idea, Simple Thread. Vote +1 if you like.

(The amount of purple Gear needed is staggering. syringes, cuffs, MkIII Carbanti, you name it, but please no Mk V Keyboard or some such nonsense)

+100000

Especially if it included cuffs, stun guns, and thermal detonators.
  • Options
    Almost a great idea... I hate the idea of the credit heist (the way it is) and the training droid heist as well as I really think the game isn't balanced whatsoever in the daily resources that we can earn.

So while I think we have severe gear constipation; I'd much prefer they just balance the challenges that are already in place instead of providing another event to achieve the same result.

I have multiple toons right now that need 150-200 mk3 carbanti sensors to move to the next level (not to mention cuffs and stun guns) and I can get 50 a week; so it takes me an entire month to move one toon one gear level. I get the desire to keep toon progression slow but this is ridiculously slow!
  • Options
    I've said this many times.
    Stun cuffs and guns rewards
  • Options
    @aerendhil remove that part where you ask for a +1... or you the wookie will removed your post, apparently it's against forum rules ;)

But I like the idea. +1 for gear challenge.

• Options
    I'm really wondering what i will do with my 1.3k MK V Laptops!
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Not sure how this would end up like the raid rewards..... you will still get 100s of what you don't need.

That's true. So how about a crystal heist, where everybody can buy what he needs?

Write +1 if you want EA to introduce a crystal heist.
  • Pxwer
    100 posts Member
    Options
    +999, this would be awesome but this will never happen because it's EA :)
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    @aerendhil remove that part where you ask for a +1... or you the wookie will removed your post, apparently it's against forum rules ;)

But I like the idea. +1 for gear challenge.

Lol what? +1 means nothing
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    I do think the gear traffic jam we experience is indicative of a larger issue; namely that the devs don't quite understand how gear is used in the game. You know what I mean. The gear challenges all include totally useless gear, even at the top tiers. I have over a thousand Mk5 laptops, and yet they still show up in the SHOP for Pete's sake.

Here's what I'd like them to do. Do the gear challenges sort of like they already do; strength, agility, tactics. Run one per day, but let the player pick which one they want to attempt. That way you can focus on what you need, instead of getting one useful piece of gear among a pile of useless junk you haven't needed since you started the game.

Or - and this would help with the credit crunch - let us SELL EXCESS GEAR.
  • Options
    I also liked the idea I saw of being able to transform gear, turning X mark 3 into a mark 4 etc.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    aerendhil wrote: »
    War wrote: »
    You're thinking of the Imperial and Ewok assault events. .

No I am talking about a new bi-monthly event that awards much needed Gear. Very much like the current heist we have.

We're never getting a bi-monthy event that drops much needed gear, it would greatly reduce the gear crunch and as a side effect the number of refreshes purchased. What would be more realistic, is the Assault events on an actual rotation. Like every 2-3 months they show up for a couple days and maybe even add a crystal refresh mechanic so people spend a ton of crystals gambling on the drop rate.