How much money have you spent on SWGOH?

Prev1
Deathstroke
48 posts Member
edited January 2016
Are you satisfied with what you have achieved in the game/characters you have unlocked as a result?

How much money have you spent on SWGOH? 174 votes

None
22%
IM_UR_UPGRADEHbk146VouterDarthbinksSweGuybenacrowJsnazzHaloWars29OmnirhyzeGobear5555G1llyaeonaxxAySteezyMULDYEPlasmajDarth_PigbreathLazerriftshimsham2Milly_htowmdvdcisneros 40 votes
5$ or less
2%
DarthMessi1984BLuby25WompyRatgarbacian 4 votes
Around 10$
2%
DeathSSlayerWhiteCreamPuffBeautifulColtWitzhhA1ex 5 votes
15$ to 35$ range
12%
DaishiSyth_Huntercosmicturtle333DeathstrokeEnklaveTimmiekunHeronmardkredsoxVikingWarriorPhlebotomy_JonesStevesaint74SnakeyeesKiloLuisardNatSharkaJayThePTommyTom16GenericUnluckyOldSunSamDSC 21 votes
40$ to 100$ range
16%
HavokTriggerSw_HomeZtyleShadowHoundKreyAndrewDarth_MangoThalosKiranoCaptainReynoldsWill_CocishugeHeezyyyyDukeSkywlkerRussell_no_pantsStormDragoonAssjjDookuCheesyPastaNikoms565Gman820Darth_ClestoKidneythief 29 votes
More than 100$
43%
GalvinebleeaauuhUshoAtticusNaecabond3gaussZarithiYuriReznorXMenaceTECMerkur0mMofojokers1992CastaspellaElyndriaIrvingNzchimeranWokeUpAsADonutSarasithSwordsLFDCnKBski 75 votes

Replies

• Options
    40$ to 100$ range
    Got the assassin droid bundle and one $20 crystal crate. No regrets and that is all I will be spending. Unless a really good offer shows up.
  • Deathstroke
    48 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    15$ to 35$ range
    I bought the 20$ crystal crate as well and I also purchased the 5$ Dooku special offer when it was available. I used the crystals on a chromium mega pack however was very unsatisfied with the shard drops as they were all for mediocre characters (i.e Chewbacca, Talia, Jawa) other than Tarkin who was the only full unlock I received out of it. Nonetheless Tarkin isn't anything special so I still believe my 20$ could have been spent on something else like energy recharges. The 5$ on Dooku was well spent however as he is very useful for Dark Side battles and extremely effective in my Squad Arena team.
  • Options
    More than 100$
    Waay over $100.
  • Options
    More than 100$
    probably around 200
  • Options
    None
    Unless something good yet cheap pops up, I highly doubt I'll spend any money.
    Why should I care so much about an in-game app?
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Options
    None
    Looking at the numbers right now-
    "None" and "over 100" are the most. This shows there is a massive difference between player base
  • Options
    Around 10$
    Reciepts please EA
    I felt like I was robbed
  • Options
    None
    None cos its free to play, that's EA way of challenging us not to spend a dime and see how far we can go : D

• Options
    More than 100$
    IT'S OVER $9000
  • Options
    More than 100$
    Over $500

On refills only. NO Chromium in my life. And those special packages.
  • Options
    15$ to 35$ range
    For those who spent around 100$, I'm really curious as to whether or not you're happy with what you have in the game? Do you have your dream team set up? What level are you? Where do you average in Squad Arena?
  • Options
    More than 100$
    For those who spent around 100$, I'm really curious as to whether or not you're happy with what you have in the game? Do you have your dream team set up? What level are you? Where do you average in Squad Arena?

100% satisfied. It's a game, for goodness sake. Why spend $ if you don't like or KNOW the game?

Dream team? Not yet. That's why I'm still working towards that goal.

Level? 62. I'm from world launch. I play slow and gear hard. I don't play Chromium.

Avg in Arena? Like 19,000 more or less. I'm in #200 to #400. Lower rank = easier Galatic War seeding. GW = better payout. Why go for top 100 and waste 50 crystals for Arena refills? I stay in #200 or #150 or #400 and it fits me fine.

I test a lot and record best strategy. I help write a lot of reviews on heroes and the meta of the game. I spend $500 or more on only refills. I place in top in many many games. but I am not ready to spend extra $1000 on GOH. I'm still learning. And still buying my time. Only time = long term success.

Deathstroke, please understand that nothing is free in life. Nothing short gained is valuable. A 10 year degree = lifetime of job. A cheat on test = degree with no prospects. A sexy girl = 5 months of insane bed. A boring fat girl = wife material (for fat guys, not me!!!)

• Options
    More than 100$
    $540 man I am a sucker for punishment
  • Options
    More than 100$
    about $200, I bought the bundles
  • Options
    15$ to 35$ range

100% satisfied. It's a game, for goodness sake. Why spend $ if you don't like or KNOW the game?

Dream team? Not yet. That's why I'm still working towards that goal.

Level? 62. I'm from world launch. I play slow and gear hard. I don't play Chromium.

Avg in Arena? Like 19,000 more or less. I'm in #200 to #400. Lower rank = easier Galatic War seeding. GW = better payout. Why go for top 100 and waste 50 crystals for Arena refills? I stay in #200 or #150 or #400 and it fits me fine.

I test a lot and record best strategy. I help write a lot of reviews on heroes and the meta of the game. I spend $500 or more on only refills. I place in top in many many games. but I am not ready to spend extra $1000 on GOH. I'm still learning. And still buying my time. Only time = long term success.

Deathstroke, please understand that nothing is free in life. Nothing short gained is valuable. A 10 year degree = lifetime of job. A cheat on test = degree with no prospects. A sexy girl = 5 months of insane bed. A boring fat girl = wife material (for fat guys, not me!!!)

The whole point of the thread is to give newer users some basic input regarding whether or not players believe they've received quality products well worth the money they put in. The game is set up as a lottery and you're faced with two options; either buy a pack with a very small chance of getting exactly what you want or grind hardcore for it. As you can see, it clearly varies for people seeing as I'm the same level as you but rank higher in Squad Arena.

Quite frankly, if you've put that much money into the game I'm not entirely sure what else you're trying to get from Galactic War seeing as there's only perhaps 2 or 3 standout characters.
  • Options
    More than 100$

The whole point of the thread is to give newer users some basic input regarding whether or not players believe they've received quality products well worth the money they put in. The game is set up as a lottery and you're faced with two options; either buy a pack with a very small chance of getting exactly what you want or grind hardcore for it. As you can see, it clearly varies for people seeing as I'm the same level as you but rank higher in Squad Arena.

Quite frankly, if you've put that much money into the game I'm not entirely sure what else you're trying to get from Galactic War seeing as there's only perhaps 2 or 3 standout characters.
    [/quote]

2 or 3 standout characters? Please, are you blind?
    Poe, Phasma, Sidious. OK. u win
    Poggle, Ig 86, Geono Soldier, Lumi, FOTP. That's 5 more (excellent)

ARE YOU talking about GW shipments???? Gosh, if I had all those heroes, I'd be great in GW and Arena (ok, top 200 everyday, which I am now)
    Lumi - Phasma - 86 - Poggle - Teebo (he is godlike) - Resistance Pilot ( secret among those who know) - Datcha (my gosh, are you forgetting some insane power these Jawa throw out???) - Initiate (one of the highest tank stats and power stats in the game)

You seem to fail stats class.
    And by playing those heroes, you seem to not understand how things work in unison. I mean no disrespect, but you disrespect strategy and the people who love strategy game by spending hard earned money first. You seem to be bitter and just want to win as a angry poster.
  • Options
    More than 100$
    Again, no disrespect.
    You ask for comments you know will gain flame responses.
  • Options
    More than 100$
    Where is the more than $1000 and more than $2000 option?.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    More than 100$
    I bought the Dooku, Kylo, Mace, and Droid pack, plus the odd 5 dollar crystal pack here and there.

I like my team. Happy with the 100-150 ranking.

I DESPISE galactic war and want it either nerfed or gone. No joke. I love this game to death. Its amazing. But galactic war is without a doubt one of the most frustrating game modes I've ever played. Its just flat out not fun.
  • Options
    More than 100$

That option will BREAK the internet!! lolz

It's best if whales swim incognito in the ocean. No need to freak the small fish out.
  • Options
    More than 100$

I DESPISE galactic war and want it either nerfed or gone. No joke. I love this game to death. Its amazing. But galactic war is without a doubt one of the most frustrating game modes I've ever played. Its just flat out not fun.

I find Keycard Battles to not be fun and silly too. But I don't feel so hateful as you feel.

No disrespect to you, but perhaps you can allow others to enjoy that feature of the game?
  • Options
    More than 100$

That option will BREAK the internet!! lolz

It's best if whales swim incognito in the ocean. No need to freak the small fish out.

Fair enough im surprised that the more than 100 is not near the 90% mark lol.

Game rocks and is very addictive and i think the Star Wars theme is just icing on the cake.
  • Options
    Around $3200USD.
    Overall i'm pretty content with my achievements, there are a few characters i wish i had more of like Anakin or Rey of course, at the end of the day i‘m satisfied.
  • Options
    15$ to 35$ range

2 or 3 standout characters? Please, are you blind?
    Poe, Phasma, Sidious. OK. u win
    Poggle, Ig 86, Geono Soldier, Lumi, FOTP. That's 5 more (excellent)

ARE YOU talking about GW shipments???? Gosh, if I had all those heroes, I'd be great in GW and Arena (ok, top 200 everyday, which I am now)
    Lumi - Phasma - 86 - Poggle - Teebo (he is godlike) - Resistance Pilot ( secret among those who know) - Datcha (my gosh, are you forgetting some insane power these Jawa throw out???) - Initiate (one of the highest tank stats and power stats in the game)

You seem to fail stats class.
    And by playing those heroes, you seem to not understand how things work in unison. I mean no disrespect, but you disrespect strategy and the people who love strategy game by spending hard earned money first. You seem to be bitter and just want to win as a angry poster.

Please don't try and make it seem like I'm the one who is angry and distressed here, you've insulted me in literally every post you've made while I'm trying to have a legitimate conversation. I'm not criticizing you for spending a lot of money on the game however I do have a very strong disagreement with your belief that it is essential to spend so much in order to be a strategically dominant player.

Sidious is not a Galactic War hero by the way, and by essential players I was referring to Phasma, Poggle and Luminara. Those three are the only ones that stand out because they can fit into any team, but that is just my opinion.

• Options
    More than 100$

Sidious is not a Galactic War hero by the way, and by essential players I was referring to Phasma, Poggle and Luminara. Those three are the only ones that stand out because they can fit into any team, but that is just my opinion.

I apologize. I truly do. Can I discuss this with you? You can ignore if you like. But please allow me pleasure of retort? Excuse my English.

Sidious IS Galatic War hero. He neutralize Heals from Lumi and JC. Just enough time to allow you to hurt the team. If you are attacking, I would suggest you kill Sidious first (so your own healers can work. They "MUST" work if you want to prepare for next battle. His AOE is not useful, but his speed and his Stop Heal is very useful.

Phasma must need FOTP and Kylo to be true effective. With others, she is good, but not great. I agree she is essential in Galatic War. But I say she is not powerful if she is ally with soft hitting hero like Chewbakka and Jedi.

Poggle and Lumi I agree with you. I say more is ok?

IG 86 is essential: He is assist and HP medium high. He can be better than FOTP (he is squish less HP until 7 star which us no buy Chromium no get). 86 increase in power with more gear in ability mats. He can win with or with no protection.

Teebo and Mace are farm-able, but Teebo more. They have Dispel and if you see Han, ChewBakka, or Poe, Teebo can dispel annoying Taunt. Trust me, Teebo is Galatic War hero because tank and dispel = win for 5 GW battles. He will not die in one battle. It is near impossible maybe in 5th battle he will die.

5's is essential in GW. Tank and his counters have MORE damage.

I wish I can say more. But I fear I write too much. I say apology to give long read.

I say hero in game is: Sidious, Phasma, 86, Teebo, 5555's, and four more heroes. All farmable, I don't buy Chromium at all in my play time for 2 months.

• Options
    15$ to 35$ range
    I think we may be confusing each other. By essential Galactic War heroes I am talking about specific characters that you earn shards for by completing the Galactic War holo. Sidious is earned through Squad Arena tokens, although I do very much agree he is extremely essential in the game and currently functions as the leader on my team.
  • Options
    More than 100$
    I think we may be confusing each other. By essential Galactic War heroes I am talking about specific characters that you earn shards for by completing the Galactic War holo. Sidious is earned through Squad Arena tokens, although I do very much agree he is extremely essential in the game and currently functions as the leader on my team.

Ok. Let me revise my answers:

Ig86: by far my favorite hero to use in GW and Arena. See above.

Poggle: you agree already so I won't mention
    Phasma: You agree. No mention from myself.

Teebo: by far my favorite hero to use GW (terrible in Arena). See above postre.

Dathcha: my secret project. I won't say, but you can assume he is bad. But a good project for me.

Resistance Pilot: Rebels in future? Ok, guess. But Foresight for evasion and Turn meter manipulation is a hot stat in this game. He hits very hard, as all Pilots. Don't know why. I say get him. He is a must in the Rebels alliance and Luke is an easy farm. I sense CG is preparing us for some Rebel meta.

Tusken Raider: Assist. Read IG86, Read Geono Soldier. Geono Soldier is FAST. IG86 is tanky. Tusken Raider is VERY tanky!! And his special? Hit harder.

Biggs. Oh my goodness, another Assist!! If you have Assist hero like 86 and Geono Soldier, you have GUARANTEE extra hits! I believe you get hit by Geono. I believe you get hit by 86. I believe Biggs is last and he will kill whatever is not killed.

If you farm Ackbar, then more speed. For now, Galatic War heroes will make me very strong in Galatic War and give me more Arena points.

• Options
    None
    Fully f2p here and I am satisfied with the roster I have built.

I would not be against spending some cash if I didn't have certain issues with some of the programming.

When I see my assist ally abilities not call an ally because the app constantly looks to call the single stunned character, I do not want to give them money.

When I see AI Daka's 10% revive happen in almost every single battle (and recently, multiples times at that in the same battle), I do not want to give them money.

When I see AI dodge and resist rates happen more in a single GW than my characters (usually the same characters) do in an entire week, I do not want to give them money.

I'm also noticing lately that the assist ability usually calls in the ally that is the least powerful. It may just be purely random as I don't have enough evidence yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it is programmed that way.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

they don't want to know about us whales, we're the dirty little secret.

and for the record way more then 100
  • KVLOM3
    88 posts Member
    Options
    More than 100$
    I have direct deposit that goes straight to Star Wars Galaxy Of Hereos.