Training Droids, Really?

Prev1
Really? Why is it above 5 million to train a toon from level 1-85? I think the credit crunch will be less of an issue if they just reduce the training droid cost by 50% tbh. 10+ days of getting credits from GW just to fully train a toon? Get real.

Replies

• StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Hate to break it to you, but there is no credit crunch anymore. If you are only counting on credits from GW, that's on you.
  • Cappadocius
    145 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    10 days a character seems about right to what it should be. I am held back more by gear then credits. I was shocked when I Iooked at how many toons I have at 85 already and I never buy credit packs.

I thought for sure this post was going to be about the Droid event being every Monday or Tuesday.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    10 days a character seems about right to what it should be. I am held back more by gear then credits. I was shocked when I Iooked at how many toons I have at 85 already and I never buy credit packs.

10 days per character is way too long. At the current 96 characters that's 960 days, or about 3 years. Not counting the several that will get added this month for Rogue One. Or the several that will be added between Rogue One and Episode VIII. Or the several that will get added for Episode VIII. Or... you get the picture, I think.

But, it's all irrelevant, because there is no credit crunch, and it does not take 10 days to get a character from 1 to 85, and that doesn't happen that often anyway.
  • Options
    Anyone who says there is no credit crunch is not prepared for the AAT raid. I've always had a surplus of credits even before the credit heist event existed. But the requirements for the current raid are ridiculous.

You also have to consider the meta is changing way more now than it ever has, and we also have pilots to level up now. CG is creating a constant demand to level characters to encourage spending. A lot of people are quitting simply because they don't have the time and energy to keep up.
  • Aknf2001
    546 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you, but there is no credit crunch anymore. If you are only counting on credits from GW, that's on you.

I thought for sure this post was going to be about the Droid event being every Monday or Tuesday.

1d3164ae569238d6dd884c0be7665df3c0d3a650.gif
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    Anyone who says there is no credit crunch is not prepared for the AAT raid. I've always had a surplus of credits even before the credit heist event existed. But the requirements for the current raid are ridiculous.

You also have to consider the meta is changing way more now than it ever has, and we also have pilots to level up now. CG is creating a constant demand to level characters to encourage spending. A lot of people are quitting simply because they don't have the time and energy to keep up.

I say there is no credit crunch, and can do more than my 2% per phase in a heroic AAT. You will always need credits. That's not the same as a credit crunch. Credits are no longer a gating factor when getting a character ready, gear is.
    Aknf2001 wrote: »

Hey, laugh all you want, but I'm not the one that only gets credits from GW.
  • Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »

I say there is no credit crunch, and can do more than my 2% per phase in a heroic AAT. You will always need credits. That's not the same as a credit crunch. Credits are no longer a gating factor when getting a character ready, gear is.

Hey, laugh all you want, but I'm not the one that only gets credits from GW.

My point that you missed was GW is the way to get the most credits. 500k everyday if you can complete it. Raids provide a good amount of credits along with the rare credit heists, but besides that...no.
  • Options
    back in July when Mods were introduced (wasn't that fun!) Devs said they recognized the credit problem so they came out w/ the credit heists as a way to assuage all of our frustrations.

However Since then, not only have they nerfed the amounts folks have been getting (hearing a LOT less 7+ Million rewards lately) but they seemed to have nerfed the events as well.

Whales aren't helping this problem either, they continually buy the credit packs that are really bad deals which only gives EA more incentive to just keeping credits hard to get.

Someone mentioned that credits weren't the problem, rather gear is - I'd like to argue that BOTH are problems, which makes this great game that much more frustrating.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Gear is the real bottle neck in this game.. you can SAVE and PRIORITISE credits... but when it takes you one-two weeks just for one set of stun cuffs cause of poor drop rate your toons going nowhere
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My point that you missed was GW is the way to get the most credits. 500k everyday if you can complete it. Raids provide a good amount of credits along with the rare credit heists, but besides that...no.

It's closer to 700k for GW completion, and if you're 85 you should have no problems completing it. Also at 85 you should be getting at least 5M/week from credit heists, because those are still basically weekly. You're already at enough credits to take a toon from 1-85 and give it a full set of mk5 mods in a single week. Not bad. Then count in your 3 pit raids for about another 1M per week. Now you've gotten enough credits to gear that toon. And then your 2 AAT raids per week for ANOTHER 1.5M per week.

Without even looking at energy spent, you get 11M credits per week. There will be mild fluctuation because of the credit heist, as we all know it isn't actually weekly (even though it was originally promised to be so), but by and large it takes, at the absolute most, 7 days to earn enough credits to get a toon from 1 to 85. Your real problem is that it takes much longer to get that same toon to a usable gear level.
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Gear is the real bottle neck in this game.. you can SAVE and PRIORITISE credits... but when it takes you one-two weeks just for one set of stun cuffs cause of poor drop rate your toons going nowhere

Sounds like you just need to SAVE and PRIORITIZE your stun cuffs. There is no Stun Cuff crunch.
  • Options

Sounds like you just need to SAVE and PRIORITIZE your stun cuffs. There is no Stun Cuff crunch.

• Options
    Raids provide a good amount of credits along with the rare credit heists, but besides that...no.

You mean the credit heist that has, aside from two times since its new incarnation, happened every week?

That rare heist? The nigh-weekly one?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

It's closer to 700k for GW completion, and if you're 85 you should have no problems completing it. Also at 85 you should be getting at least 5M/week from credit heists, because those are still basically weekly. You're already at enough credits to take a toon from 1-85 and give it a full set of mk5 mods in a single week. Not bad. Then count in your 3 pit raids for about another 1M per week. Now you've gotten enough credits to gear that toon. And then your 2 AAT raids per week for ANOTHER 1.5M per week.

Without even looking at energy spent, you get 11M credits per week. There will be mild fluctuation because of the credit heist, as we all know it isn't actually weekly (even though it was originally promised to be so), but by and large it takes, at the absolute most, 7 days to earn enough credits to get a toon from 1 to 85. Your real problem is that it takes much longer to get that same toon to a usable gear level.

I don't think you understand. Being level 85 doesn't help at all in GW, in fact it makes it ALOT harder. If you want an argument, learn your facts first.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options

I don't think you understand. Being level 85 doesn't help at all in GW, in fact it makes it ALOT harder. If you want an argument, learn your facts first.

What facts do you want me to learn? I have been 85 for a few weeks, have been playing for almost a year, and I complete GW every day (except for Tuesdays when I complete it twice) in under half an hour.

And again, GW is only about a third of your weekly income. If you can only do 11 nodes every day that's only a loss of about 350k credits per week. Perhaps you should learn your facts?
  • Options
    I think the problem here is your assumption that this is Pokemon.

You do not gotta catch 'em all.

And even if you want to catch them all, leveling them all to max is just insane--this game is about resource allocation. You have to pick a few characters, and focus on them.

If it were feasible to collect all the characters and level them to 85 and gear them fully as a FTP player, there would be no game, because everyone would do that, then get bored.

Resource limitation enforces diversity which creates a challenging and enjoyable game. Don't like it? Go play Farmville.
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Options

What facts do you want me to learn? I have been 85 for a few weeks, have been playing for almost a year, and I complete GW every day (except for Tuesdays when I complete it twice) in under half an hour.

And again, GW is only about a third of your weekly income. If you can only do 11 nodes every day that's only a loss of about 350k credits per week. Perhaps you should learn your facts?

You said "if you're level 85, completing GW shouldn't be a problem" which is far from true. Maybe it's me being on a tough GW shard, idk. You need to learn not everyone has alot of maxed toons to throw at every node.
  • Options
    Arkham wrote: »

And even if you want to catch them all, leveling them all to max is just insane--this game is about resource allocation. You have to pick a few characters, and focus on them.

If it were feasible to collect all the characters and level them to 85 and gear them fully as a FTP player, there would be no game, because everyone would do that, then get bored.

Resource limitation enforces diversity which creates a challenging and enjoyable game. Don't like it? Go play Farmville.

Really? I said ONE toon...ONE toon cost over 5 million credits, I'm not trying to catch 'em all. For training a full squad, it can cost over 25 million. That's a problem you whales don't see.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Raids provide a good amount of credits along with the rare credit heists, but besides that...no.

You mean the credit heist that has, aside from two times since its new incarnation, happened every week?

Exactly. EA knows what they're doing, they want folks to buy their lame credit package w/ crystals, horrible deal
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options

You said "if you're level 85, completing GW shouldn't be a problem" which is far from true. Maybe it's me being on a tough GW shard, idk. You need to learn not everyone has alot of maxed toons to throw at every node.

You only need a couple teams to get through GW every day, and they are multi-purpose. Personally, I load TM on a few side toons and then run Droids from 6-11, saving my arena team and a few others just in case.

However, if you rely so heavily on GW for your income, you should be focusing on diversifying so you can beat it reliably. This does not require level 85 toons (I only have 7 of those), or even everyone at g10.
  • Options

You only need a couple teams to get through GW every day, and they are multi-purpose. Personally, I load TM on a few side toons and then run Droids from 6-11, saving my arena team and a few others just in case.

However, if you rely so heavily on GW for your income, you should be focusing on diversifying so you can beat it reliably. This does not require level 85 toons (I only have 7 of those), or even everyone at g10.

I don't have droids which is probably why.
  • Options

Yes Gear is a problem as well. Which is why I'm saying BOTH are problems

I currently have about 10 toons sitting at star level 5 or 6 w/ enough shards to get to 7* but no credits to promote. most are level 1 as well.

Have you forgotten Mods which are basically about 550k credits to upgrade to level 15? x6/toon = 3.3M credits/toon

W/o good mods, your basically fish food in the arena also need decent mods to even really make a dent in these raids.
  • Options

Really? I said ONE toon...ONE toon cost over 5 million credits, I'm not trying to catch 'em all. For training a full squad, it can cost over 25 million. That's a problem you whales don't see.

I've spent $40 total on this game since I started in April. Not a whale. Not even a dolphin. Maybe a baby seal.

Took me 4 months just to farm the shards to get JE to 7*. During that time I ground out 60 million+ credits, enough for training two full squads to 85. Because of this focus, I perform moderately well in the AAT raid, and pretty well in the arena.

When I get distracted, and try to farm 10 teams at once, I get nowhere.

Pick a team. Focus on it. You will have enough credits.
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options

Have you forgotten Mods which are basically about 550k credits to upgrade to level 15? x6/toon = 3.3M credits/toon

No, I very specifically mentioned mods. If you complete GW every day, and are in a guild doing 3x Heroic Pit and 2x AAT (normal or heroic shouldn't make much difference here) every week, you are gaining enough credits to fully level, mod and gear a single toon every week, with enough leftover to promote what you've probably gained shard-wise in that week.

There comes a point where you must pick and choose, but since the credit heist changes my bottleneck has been gear, not credits.
  • Options

I've spent $40 total on this game since I started in April. Not a whale. Not even a dolphin. Maybe a baby seal.

Took me 4 months just to farm the shards to get JE to 7*. During that time I ground out 60 million+ credits, enough for training two full squads to 85. Because of this focus, I perform moderately well in the AAT raid, and pretty well in the arena.

It's actually alot more than 5 Million for 1 toon.

It actually takes about 6.2M to take a Toon from 1-85, but it's another 2.5M to promote to 7*, then another 3.3M for the right Mods.

Thus it's about 12M to fully max 1 toon. Sure gearing is really hard as well, but that's why I'm saying BOTH are a problem. 1 team = 60M credits.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    There is no credit crunch unless you're referring to ship credits. CG needs to implement GW for ships ASAP!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    @Aknf2001 you don't need droids, just a good team for GW, for the last month I complete 6/7 weekly and I just fill TM( turn meter) on Oldben-STHan-teebo-Geonosian Soldier-Lando, then I put my main team Phasma( lead until node 5-6) and then Lumi from then, she is also in the team-rey-QGJ-boba.
    I just use that team until node 11-12, when I see my main team might die I retreat, and put a couple of small teams to get the abilities out of node 11, then main again, and if 12 is not doable then put my B team and the rest if needed before I sacrifice my A team.
    Been playing since July so haven't got so many toons at high lvl and have to improvise and diversify my resources so I can finish it, it was very challenging for about a month couldn't even finish it but got the second team and now it's good, challenging but not impossible( just once a week)
  • AmomobiChants
    47 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    There is no credit crunch unless you're referring to ship credits. CG needs to implement GW for ships ASAP!

Scroll up 1 post (from your original statement)for an argument to your point
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options

It's actually alot more than 5 Million for 1 toon.

It actually takes about 6.2M to take a Toon from 1-85, but it's another 2.5M to promote to 7*, then another 3.3M for the right Mods.

Thus it's about 12M to fully max 1 toon. Sure gearing is really hard as well, but that's why I'm saying BOTH are a problem. 1 team = 60M credits.

And you get about that much in a single week. Not sure how that makes it a "crunch," espeically when you'll get the toon to g7 or g8 and then stall for a week or three while you farm the gear, giving you time to earn another 35ish million credits.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Exactly. EA knows what they're doing, they want folks to buy their lame credit package w/ crystals, horrible deal
    Welp. You totally missed my point. #greatjob
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.