Common courtesy, spring cleaning and OP Ewoks wouldn't be amiss...

"DV: You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander. I am here to put you back on schedule."

You don't need Yoda's foresight to ascertain that there is a palpable sense of resentment and displeasure towards perceived high-handedness by EA/CG among the SWGOH players.

Perhaps a case in point is the ubiquitous posts highlighting how Android users have received complimentary game content recently while there wasn't any exclusive offering for iOS.
Predictably, there has been a backlash against this particularly because of the (smug?) silence on the part of the developers.

Contrary to what the devs might believe, this outrage does not stem from the lack of reciprocity, rather, they can be perceived as one instance in a series of flaws that are apparent in the game mechanics.
While the acrimony over platform exclusive rewards could not have been avoided(if they are indeed sponsored), it could have been mitigated by simply addressing us in a warm and prompt fashion.
This is common courtesy(ever heard of it devs?) and is expected etiquette, especially when you work for a setup that is as extensive and diverse as EA's. You have to take the time to acknowledge our concerns/feedback; an effortless "yes, we're looking into it" or "unfortunately, this isn't something that is viable" would go a long way in reaching out to us.

Now, on to what I believe is critical to the health of this game and the sanity of it's players: rigorous 'spring cleaning' by EA/CG to rectify neglected issues. I would not be remiss in quoting Obi-Wan when I say that this is how we feel- "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced".
I will begin by listing down some of the more obvious concerns we have highlighted and would urge all to add to them in the hope that we can finally see some marked progress.
Note - the following points are not in any order of importance and by no means exhaustive so feel free to add to them:
  • AAT re-calibration(for a signification number of guilds at least)
  • GW stabilisation(if all were hunky-dory with it, there wouldn't be a dedicated rant thread)
  • Power creep caused by relatively inaccessible OP toons(for FtP; while some may be chuffed to bits with the release of so many OP toons, i'm not)
  • Bugs need to be rectified(Teebo, anyone?)
  • Regression testing(SHIPS!!) - please implement this to save us all some heartache
  • Rework existing toons to make them viable; at least iconic ones like GG, Chewie, Vader(speed maybe?) etc.
  • Do something about this gear crunch - add useful gear to challenges, reduce cost of lower tier gear(now that we have gold gear) etc. It's a year long grind for some pieces, honestly.
  • RNG and mod drop rates- do i need to say more?
  • Balance tournaments and release more toons in Yoda/EP style events(promotes building a diverse roster with achievable rewards)

Well, that's all i can think of. Feel free to add to this.
Constructive criticism is always welcome and may the force be with you always! :)

Regards

Replies

• Options
    oh, and OP ewoks would be nice.. ;)
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing post.
  • Options
    RE: Andriod users and their free stuff, extra challenges etc, I for one am proper annoyed, being on the Iphone! I will continue to play the game as it is fun, but it'll be a cold in hell before i send any cash their way!
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Vader is a beast in an EP squad at g11. No rework necessary.
  • Options
    SW_SR90 wrote: »
    oh, and OP ewoks would be nice.. ;)

Yep.
    If wicket/logray/paploo is only for apple, my near maxed android Ewoks will become enraged.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    I'd ignore that whole list if we could get a regular feedback to our feedback from the devs on whatever topic seems to rise up frequently. Nothing sucks more than giving feedback and/or constructive critism just to be rewarded with silence in 95% of all cases or worse getting warned and the thread removed without any word to it.

@EA_Jesse
  • Options
    Very well written and, for the most part, I agree
  • Options
    CoReTeX wrote: »
    I'd ignore that whole list if we could get a regular feedback to our feedback from the devs on whatever topic seems to rise up frequently. Nothing sucks more than giving feedback and/or constructive critism just to be rewarded with silence in 95% of all cases or worse getting warned and the thread removed without any word to it.

@EA_Jesse

Exactly! Now, not to sound petulant or anything, but it seems intentional on their part.
    Check this discussion around the 2 new rogue one toons on Reddit, where an event designer has deigned to comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5gwp8d/new_rogue_one_characters_k2so_jyn_erso/
    It seems our fault lies in trying to bring about improvements in the game. It's surprising and disheartening to see how the devs don't(adequately) respond on the Official SWGOH forum.
    Maegor wrote: »
    Vader is a beast in an EP squad at g11. No rework necessary.

This in fact underscores my point about the gear crunch- getting a toon to G11 is no mean feat and conversely, i could argue that most characters at this gear level would be intrinsically strong.
    Add to that the fact that Vader needs EP(which again, not many have) to supplement him speaks volumes about his viability on his own.

:) and thanks for your thoughts everyone.

Regards
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Great post.
  • Options
  • Options
    +1. Thank you for being the eloquent voice for those that are upset by the way things have been progressing. Devs are much more likely to take this seriously than the usual whining of petulant children
  • Options
    Yet another good thread that will quickly get deleted or tucked into a forum where nobody ever goes rather than actually give any feedback from the devs. Ships bought some goodwill, mostly before I realized that Zetas pretty much force you to play them, but I am fast running out of patience for this game.
  • Options
    I completely agree. Well said.
  • Options
    +1
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Fantastic, eloquently written post. +1
  • Options
    Great post
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The AAT Raid and GW are fine as they are. Not everything is insta-win nor is every aspect of the game intended to be beaten by all players. When your entire guild is level 85 with 30+ g10 & g11 toons, the AAT Raid and GW are not out of whack.

I agree with the OP on all other points though.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The AAT Raid and GW are fine as they are. Not everything is insta-win nor is every aspect of the game intended to be beaten by all players. When your entire guild is level 85 with 30+ g10 & g11 toons, the AAT Raid and GW are not out of whack.

I agree with the OP on all other points though.
    If you are not fortunate enough to know what meta teams were and farm them up for GW/AAT then those are both a pain in the rear.

GW in particular without wiggs. I haven't finished GW in over 3 months now. So many people say it's too easy and they can auto finish it. Apparently I'm doing things upside down and backwards.

Also tournaments... It's fine to introduce things like that but then make them farm-able 2 months later. Currently we got purchasable shoretrooper shards... ****? scarif is the only one we can actually farm. I'm signing off tournaments for a while because I don't have a wiggs/ep based team to even have a chance. Now with baze and the other tournament wins being added to that I might as well not even enter them. Don't even get me started on K2SO(iDevice user I've said my piece on that in other treads)...

Also I'm quite bothered by the amount of rebel toons added compared to the number of empire toons added. Quite out of proportion.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

GW is a war of attrition and as such, I do not expect it to be effortless; on the contrary it should be challenging and require strategizing. What I do find troublesome is when it becomes nigh impossible to clear, despite making it to the last node with almost your entire squad intact, because there's a fully maxed/modded beast team composed of premium toons.

You're absolutely correct when you mention that GW is achievable with 30+ maxed toons, but this is by no means practicable for a f2p. So if it's rarely/never meant to be cleared by a significant portion of the player base, it should be touted as such.
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    Also I'm quite bothered by the amount of rebel toons added compared to the number of empire toons added. Quite out of proportion.

:) I agree- there's no balance in the force. We need more empire(and sith?) toons.

Thanks
  • Options
    Fix the empire toons.

Make more Sith toons.
  • Options
    +1