Guild chat censorship is broken

I've noticed that using words like 'assist' in guild chat gets censored (maybe because it starts with ****?) However, you can say '****' all you want. When I mentioned to my guild mates that I was trying to get 'Slave 1', slave was censored. It seems silly to censor something that is used as the name of a ship.

Replies

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    While puzzling, this is not a bug! Certain words will be censored due to the profanity filter.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    So 'assist' is a profanity, while the first 3 letters of it, written on their own in guild chat, is not?
  • AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hiya!
    While puzzling, this is not a bug! Certain words will be censored due to the profanity filter.
    malkin wrote: »
    So 'assist' is a profanity, while the first 3 letters of it, written on their own in guild chat, is not?

This seems like it needs work done regardless of whether it meets the definition of a bug. I typed circumvent earlier & it came out as cir***vent. The fact that assist is blocked but assists or **** (assist without the last 3 letters) is not makes no sense. Also, why doesn't assist show as ***ist? If this was a design decision I would think that it would be consistent with the way that circumvent is censored.

While this is not a critical issue it does make the filter appear broken or not well implemented. I appreciate you spending the time to read this & would appreciate it even more if you would consider having someone take a another look at the filter to verify it is working as intended when there is time for it. Thanks again & keep up the good work, this is my favorite mobile game by far!
    Post edited by AnonymousMeh on
  • Options
    Hiya!

Filtering out assist and leaving a$$ is apparently 100% WAI, k den