Empire Squad Thoughts

Maegor
1217 posts Member
So I wanted input on how you guys would round out a solid Empire team. The only rules are no tournament or pay toons (meaning no Shore).

First group idea is Palp (L), Vader, RG, TFP, B2. Pretty straight forward on why each is there. Any changes you'd make? Obviously not all the toons have to be Empire.

Second group idea is Vader (L with zeta), TFP, Boba, and two of the following EP, RG or B2. Thoughts on this squad are that with the never-ending dots Vader and Boba should have juicy Culling Blade and Execute targets. Now, which two of those three would you bring? I think they all have merits - EP for mass stun and shock, RG for stuns/taunts/slows, and B2 for aoe dispel.

So what are your inputs on each squad and which do you think is the more viable squad in the near future?

Replies

• Options
    My team would definitely be-

Palp - As leader for the amazing buffs that all Imp's get

Vader - If you dont have him i you're insane. He can potentially attack 3 times in a row

Royal Guard - Because he is one of the best tank's in the game and he can stun

TFP - He hit's like a train and inflicts buff immunity which is like palps shock

Boba - Good ol Baeba Fett has had a rework which now makes him VERY viable for the arena. All the debuffs you'll be racking up with the other toons could make him nearly one shot some chars and he also ability blocks. His zeta makes him regen protection on a killing blow with execute (i think)

Hopes this helps bro :smile:
  • Options
    Honestly, the truth is, don't bother.

Between the F Fest of new rebels to go with an already over powered Wiggs combo, they now get Baze and Chirrut, along with Jyn, and this new robot. Empire is dead already, even Shoretrooper for everyone won't save it. The Rebels are just soo overpowered. It's a complete shame really, because the empire has some good toons.

I run
    Emp, Vader, B2, TFP, RG

Yesterday I had a Wiggs team one-shot and kill both my Emperor and TFP before 1 person on my squad got a turn. And I have speed mods on TFP, Emp and Vader. It was 5 on 3 in an instant.
  • Options
    If you want to compete for top spots, honestly rebels are far and away the strongest faction and it's not even close. Empire does not have the chops to compete.
  • Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    If you want to compete for top spots, honestly rebels are far and away the strongest faction and it's not even close. Empire does not have the chops to compete.

I think empire can compete, they just have to have Shoretrooper and EP to do it. And even that is just barely enough. It will be interesting to see if anyone can make a good team with Jedi under a QGJ zeta lead work, or if Jedi just aren't strong enough even with that.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

I have a team that can beat rebels: droids. This isn't about getting first, more about putting the best team together for pvp purposes. Btw, I have wiggs/hando too.
  • Options
    I currently run your first team and have for a while (was Anakin before TFP). It works well enough to stay around top 10 for me.
  • Options
    If you are facing geared and maxed Wiggs with decent mods, not having shore means your emp is a liability and vulnerable. The sad truth is, unless you are outspeeding them or getting a taunt in the way, Wiggs can and will drop your emp before RG can do a thing.
    Your Vader team has novelty, which may help you for a few fights, but you need to survive the enemy's alpha strike, and to do so requires really beefy teams or shoretrooper.
    I'd recommend if you want to focus on empire, consider finding a way to unlock shore and/or baze to have a pretaunt to cover the emp.
  • Options
    With shoretrooper you will never lose a single toon against rebel, I easily win 5-0 every day my 5 battle..
    I play with ep leader, rg, shoretrooper, Vader and tfp..all gear XI

But if you ask without shoretrooper is a big trouble..
    However you can try to save crystal and unlock shoretrooper from the pack, he is good even if 3*!!
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @Nemman is shore available in shipments?

I ask because I have him at 35/50 right now and will likely only have time to buy one pack.