Upcoming EP Event - Newer Shards Advice

For the newer Shards that do not have EP introduced, my advice is start farming a team of rebels like there is no tomorrow in preparation for the event on the 23rd. I've been playing since January, but skipping out on Rebels for the most part only allowed me to get EP to 5* last time it came around. It was my worst decision in the game besides for maybe taking Poggle to Gear X. Palpetine is great in GW, Arena, and in Phase 3 of the Tank Raid (Chirpatine). Can't wait for my 5* EP to finally be 7*!

Replies

• SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good advice! Get rebels lol. Because you know.... you need rebels to do the event. Brilliant!

And don't speak ill of Poggle! He is an OG support toon and helps to easily cruise through GW every day.
  • Options
    There was a reasonably-priced Rebel package last time, you might consider picking it up if you can spare $30. It was...... I forget if it unlocked Leia, Han, and Ackbar outright, or if it just gave you shards or what. But it gave a lot of stuff of all them, and a substantial number of Hoth Rebel Scout/Soldier and Luke, along with a lot of credits and ability mats.

If you can't or just don't want to buy the pack, then my advice is to grind like heck to get ANY five rebels to 5 stars so you can at least unlock and start gearing Palpatine, and you should be able to max him out next time around.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    When was the first EP event.. just so ppl can gauge how rare this event could be
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Too long ago @J0K3R , thankfully managed to get 7* during the first event. Just transfer some good mods over to those rebels during the event.
  • Options
    Good advice! Get rebels lol. Because you know.... you need rebels to do the event. Brilliant!

And don't speak ill of Poggle! He is an OG support toon and helps to easily cruise through GW every day.

Of course Rebels are needed, but my point was start now, not tomorrow or sometime later. They will be happier.

What if I changed Poggle to Talia Gear IX, would that make you feel better? Lol
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    When was the first EP event.. just so ppl can gauge how rare this event could be
    Four months, I think? It all kind of blends together, to be honest, but I think someone said four months.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Of course Rebels are needed, but my point was start now, not tomorrow or sometime later. They will be happier.

What if I changed Poggle to Talia Gear IX, would that make you feel better? Lol

Lol yes it would. People poop on Poggle all the time but he's really not that bad, but he's gotta be in the right comp. Until I finally got B2, he kept my Droid squad in the top 50 of a November shard vs a sea of Wiggs teams. (B2 has me poking into the top 20).

And sorry... I just thought your advice of farming rebels for a rebel only event was kinda funny lol. I've had a few drinks tonight too.

EDIT - I don't even think Talia is that terrible when properly leveled and geared (although I did think she was pretty useless for a long time) She hits hard, drops DoTs, heals, and self heals (up to 90% of damage) on her basic. I think people need to get more creative with their teams or stick with the gearing. I've had several toons that were terrrrrible at G8 and 9 but became awesome are G10 and 11. Don't give up hope! (She's really only a raid toon for me but still pretty handy on my 4th or 5th squad)
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Four months, I think? It all kind of blends together, to be honest, but I think someone said four months.

I'm not trolling my own discussion I swear, but the event was at the end of "August" last time.
  • Options
    There was a reasonably-priced Rebel package last time, you might consider picking it up if you can spare $30. It was...... I forget if it unlocked Leia, Han, and Ackbar outright, or if it just gave you shards or what. But it gave a lot of stuff of all them, and a substantial number of Hoth Rebel Scout/Soldier and Luke, along with a lot of credits and ability mats.

If you can't or just don't want to buy the pack, then my advice is to grind like heck to get ANY five rebels to 5 stars so you can at least unlock and start gearing Palpatine, and you should be able to max him out next time around.

5 star Palpatine as leader ALONE made my Sith/Empire team drop places in the Arena rankings rapidly. While it's harder now, I went from low 1000s to hanging in the 5-600 range, sometimes long enough sub-500 to get a extra 100 marks a day. Not gonna lie though,the difficulty jump from T5 to T6 fight is utterly night and day.
  • Options

I'm not trolling my own discussion I swear, but the event was at the end of "August" last time.

Yeah you're right. I remember palpatine being released in August and looking at the forums everyday for the tank raid. Then people would post threads about how they think the tank raid would come as soon as the emperors demise event was over. Then shortly after that, the "August" jokes became popular.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    You need a full team right? not just three like the scoundrel events?
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

Yep, a full team is needed for each star level. For example tier 6, needs 5 toons at 6* and tier 7 needs everyone at 7*.
  • Options

In that case, then, yeah--4 months. End of August to September, to October, to November, to end of December. So four months.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

A full team, and a pretty strong one if you want to get Palpatine to 7 stars. Of course, at the time Wiggs was pretty rare. Either Wedge had just become FTP or was still Chromium-only. I think I used Ackbar (L), Lando, Leia, ST Han, and Rebel Scout to beat it and that last tier wasn't easy. I think if you have Wiggs, it would be a lot better. Assuming they don't make it any harder to compensate. It could get easier. I know the Yoda ones they made easier after the first event or two.

Oh, and for anyone who is going to be unlocking Palpatine for the first time, make sure you have a ton of Loronar Power Cells (T2 of TAC Gear Chellenge is the best place to get them) because Palpatine eats them like Tic-Tacs.
  • Options
    If someone doesn't have a fairly decent set of rebels already it is probably too late to get EP at 7* unless they fork out some cash. Fortunately I already have Lando and ST Han for arena and credit heist and Wiggs because they are totally OP awesomeness. Just need to throw another gear level and some credits for leveling at Ackbar and I will be set.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    How crucial is StHan?
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    How crucial is StHan?

He's not needed if you have Wiggs. StHan is a decent toon though.
  • Options
    I only got through the 4-star version last time (didn't spend any time on my rebels before it, so they didn't have the stars to go further) so I'm not an expert, but I remember people saying St Han was crucial for the 7-star challenge, because he would soak up the Royal Guard hits on the final stage--only he'll be stunned, instead of half your team.

But, as someone else said, that was before Biggs and Wedge were a going thing. So if you have them you might be OK even if you don't have Han.

But, as I said, I didn't get far enough last time to have any first-hand information.
  • Options
    I'm at lv75 with 7* sthan g9, 7* lando g9, 7* biggs g8, 6* wedge g8 (80 of 100 shards) and 5* akbar g7.

I should be able to get Akbar to 7* on Dec 22. Any ideas if this team would be capable of getting a 7* EP??
  • Options
    **** wrote: »
    I'm at lv75 with 7* sthan g9, 7* lando g9, 7* biggs g8, 6* wedge g8 (80 of 100 shards) and 5* akbar g7.

I should be able to get Akbar to 7* on Dec 22. Any ideas if this team would be capable of getting a 7* EP??

Assuming Wedge also gets to 7* and assuming they don't tweak the difficulty, yes.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    There are 2 ringers when it comes to Rebels vs. Empire

HRScout gains 45% tm whenever an empire enemy dies, he is fast to begin with, has a stun and gives tm to his squad.

Biggs gains 100% tm when damaged by Empire or when critted.

If u aren't rdy yet, these 2 r absolute anti-empire powerhouses and easily farmed/geared.
  • Options

Wasn't It 5 or even 6 months back now?
  • Options

Assuming Wedge also gets to 7* and assuming they don't tweak the difficulty, yes.

Thanks. no problem getting wedge to 7*, should be done in 2 days.
  • Simpleton
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    *double post
  • Options
    **** wrote: »

Thanks. no problem getting wedge to 7*, should be done in 2 days.

Don't forget your mods. That's another big factor, a real force multiplier.