jawas and crit dam/chance mods

I've asked this on reddit and didn't get a reply. maybe i have better luck here...

I've been wondering about how crit chance and crit damage boosts are applied to thermal detonators.

crit chance first: does it count when the bomb is placed or when it detonates? also, if they are detonated by JS's aoe, does his crit chance at the time come into play? what happens if he detonates a bomb placed by JE?

crit damage next: I understand that they deal a certain percentage of the target's health. do crit damage boosts still apply? so would it make sense to put crit damage mods on JS and JE or would these mods be wasted?

Replies

• Options
    I think that detonators are simply percentage based damage based off the health of the character being attacked. I don't think that crit chance or crit damage or offense really has an effect on it but I could be wrong
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    It's possible to get critical hits on the detonations but I haven't bothered to check if any of those mods affect the crit chance or crit damage since the damage from detonators isn't all that important to me
  • johndoe82
    148 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    their damage is pretty relevant against the tank.
    I get that they are percentage based but some hits are definitely crits. I would expect at least crit chance to have an effect on the rate of crits