How is Scavengers detanator ability computed?

Is damage based on JE who threw it or Scavenger who detonated it? And any idea where the CC applies, from Scavenger or JE?

Replies

• Options
    There's a formula, based on the enemy's health, you can look it up on swogh.gg. I think detonators all do the same damage regardless if its mob enforcer or JE. it's 20% of max health for any pvp enemy and like 0.02% of the tank
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Mvnson wrote: »
    There's a formula, based on the enemy's health, you can look it up on swogh.gg. I think detonators all do the same damage regardless if its mob enforcer or JE. it's 20% of max health for any pvp enemy and like 0.02% of the tank

JE's can get bonus damage.

OP, the applicator of the TD determines how much damage it does.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Not all TD's do exactly the same damage.

From SWGOH and At highest skill levels:

40% max health - Greedo, Mob Enforcer, Nute Gunray (The main one does 40%, splash damage is 24%)
    30% max health - Zam Wesell
    28.5% max health - Jawa Engineer
    20% max health - Jawa Scavenger

For Raid Bosses:

.08% max health - Greedo, Mob Enforcer, Nute Gunray
    .06% max health - Jawa Engineer, Zam Wesell
    .04% max health - Jawa Scavenger
  • Options
    I've seen crit hits from bombs. how do they compute?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Crits from Thermals do 150% damage rather than 100% of their normal damage. So instead of say 20% of max health, the crit detonator will do 30% damage of max health for Scavenger.
    I forget the crit chance for bombs, but they all have the same fixed crit chance I think its like 15% crit chance.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Say you have the AAT toppled and have a boat load of detonators on it. Is it better to detonate these with Scavengers special or wait for the AAT to "untopple" and have them detonate on their own? Or is it the same amount of damage regardless? I always let them detonate on their own. Hopefully I haven't been robbing myself in damage dealt.
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Say you have the AAT toppled and have a boat load of detonators on it. Is it better to detonate these with Scavengers special or wait for the AAT to "untopple" and have them detonate on their own? Or is it the same amount of damage regardless? I always let them detonate on their own. Hopefully I haven't been robbing myself in damage dealt.

From what I understand, if you detonate them with scavenger, the tank gains a whole boatload of TM, but if they blow up on his turn, no TM increase. If you're about to die and there's a stack of bombs, then yeah I blow them up
  • Options

From what I understand, if you detonate them with scavenger, the tank gains a whole boatload of TM, but if they blow up on his turn, no TM increase. If you're about to die and there's a stack of bombs, then yeah I blow them up

But wouldn't detonating them with his special do more damage since the tank is toppled?
  • Options
    MilMuertes wrote: »

But wouldn't detonating them with his special do more damage since the tank is toppled?

That's the question. I guess it would depend on the interpretation of the "reduced damage" sentence in the Fearsome Foe detail description.

I don't know the answer
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Crits from Thermals do 150% damage rather than 100% of their normal damage. So instead of say 20% of max health, the crit detonator will do 30% damage of max health for Scavenger.
    I forget the crit chance for bombs, but they all have the same fixed crit chance I think its like 15% crit chance.

so the crit chance is fixed and cannot be improved by mods or buffs?
    what about crit damage? can I make them do 216% instead of 150?
  • Options
    johndoe82 wrote: »

johndoe82 wrote: »

I don't think you can change the crit chance or crit damage of the thermal detonators.
    MilMuertes wrote: »

That's the question. I guess it would depend on the interpretation of the "reduced damage" sentence in the Fearsome Foe detail description.

I don't know the answer

I don't think that detonating them all at once while the tank is toppled would do any different amount of damage because the damage is calculated purely from a % of the total hp of the tank. It doesn't gain anything from other status effects. Although detonating all of them while the tank is toppled will give you a high chance to apply Tenacity down, Defense down and healing immunity so if you want the defense down on the tank while the rest of your team goes that might be useful.