A possibility for tournaments

Okay. There is a lot of negativity surrounding tournaments. Largly because people want the characters but do not like the process for getting them.

The current points system can be frustrating because of the way people get moved around so easily.

I purpose an idea that could help people feel as though the characters are attinable but without some of the frustrations.

Suppose that rewards were given not based on how many points you have earned in comparrison to your opponents. But instead were earned based on a static point requirement

For example.
To earn a 7 star character you must achieve 10,000 points.
A 6 star character is worth 8,000 points, 5 stars are 7,000 points ect.
But as you earn more points. The teams that you fight become more difficult, you fight the teams that are in accordance to those in your bracket who have earned a similar ammount of points.

That way you can contribute to the best of your ability and can earn based on your ability and commitment.

I do realize there are potential problems with this system idea and it would need some extra rules to make it work.

Hopefully the community could help brainstorm some ideas for ways to improve the system without just complaining that they don't like it.

How would you ensure that players used their strongest teams so that its difficult to earn the maximum points?
Need i point out that people would inevitably try and leave weak teams in their defending slot in order to help their friends?

thoughts comments? Feedback criticism?

i do find the current system for swuad tournaments to be a little frustrating but largely because you dont know if in your pvp bracket you will need 2 thousand points to get a 7 star toon or if you will need 15000 points to place first.

Just a thought

Replies

• Options
    Okay. There is a lot of negativity surrounding tournaments. Largly because people want the characters but do not like the process for getting them.

The current points system can be frustrating because of the way people get moved around so easily.

I purpose an idea that could help people feel as though the characters are attinable but without some of the frustrations.

Suppose that rewards were given not based on how many points you have earned in comparrison to your opponents. But instead were earned based on a static point requirement

For example.
    To earn a 7 star character you must achieve 10,000 points.
    A 6 star character is worth 8,000 points, 5 stars are 7,000 points ect.
    But as you earn more points. The teams that you fight become more difficult, you fight the teams that are in accordance to those in your bracket who have earned a similar ammount of points.

That way you can contribute to the best of your ability and can earn based on your ability and commitment.

I do realize there are potential problems with this system idea and it would need some extra rules to make it work.

Hopefully the community could help brainstorm some ideas for ways to improve the system without just complaining that they don't like it.

How would you ensure that players used their strongest teams so that its difficult to earn the maximum points?
    Need i point out that people would inevitably try and leave weak teams in their defending slot in order to help their friends?

thoughts comments? Feedback criticism?

i do find the current system for swuad tournaments to be a little frustrating but largely because you dont know if in your pvp bracket you will need 2 thousand points to get a 7 star toon or if you will need 15000 points to place first.

Just a thought
  • Options
    Not sure why this posted twice. Can a mod please delete one of these postings as they are identical