Arena standing drops a lot when not playing

So I lose about 100 ranks over-night. :o I usually make it to around 175, and start at 275 the next day. I assume this is because my team is bad with AI or has a poor setup with AI.

I'm running 4* g7 Phas (L), 4* g7 Fives, 6* g7 Sid, 5* g7 Lumi and 4* g6 Poe. Do I need to put Sid as Lead?

I have access to decently geared: Kylo, Luke and Dooku as well. How can I preserve my rank better?

ty

Replies

• Options
    You're getting picked on because people see the 4* leader and it's an inducement to attack you regardless of your power.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    You're getting picked on because people see the 4* leader and it's an inducement to attack you regardless of your power.

Hm... Setting up a trap? Phasma's utility is mostly independent on stars, and the rest could be maxed...
  • Options
    I've noticed this since the update. I used to drop maybe 50 points while offline for the night, but now I drop between 100 and 150. 6* Chewbacca, 6*Palpatine, 5*Asajj, 4*Consular, and 5*Luminara (soon to be 5* and 6* Consular and Luminara respectively.) Previous to the update I was easily able to stay in top 200 everyday, but now I'm fighting to stay in top 300.
  • Options
    I imagine everybody's server gets better and better at this young point in the game...
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    also, consider that other players within your shard have their own sniping hour based on their timezone. i typically see rank drops around the same hours every day.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    So I lose about 100 ranks over-night. :o I usually make it to around 175, and start at 275 the next day. I assume this is because my team is bad with AI or has a poor setup with AI.

I'm running 4* g7 Phas (L), 4* g7 Fives, 6* g7 Sid, 5* g7 Lumi and 4* g6 Poe. Do I need to put Sid as Lead?

I have access to decently geared: Kylo, Luke and Dooku as well. How can I preserve my rank better?

ty

only way is to star up your Phasma asap.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Hm... Setting up a trap? Phasma's utility is mostly independent on stars, and the rest could be maxed...

You can tell by the power if it's a trap. There's a guy on my hard launch server with a 4* QGJ but he's almost 24k power and he's hard to beat. Comes down to RNGesus.
  • Options
    Guardias wrote: »
    I've noticed this since the update. I used to drop maybe 50 points while offline for the night, but now I drop between 100 and 150. 6* Chewbacca, 6*Palpatine, 5*Asajj, 4*Consular, and 5*Luminara (soon to be 5* and 6* Consular and Luminara respectively.) Previous to the update I was easily able to stay in top 200 everyday, but now I'm fighting to stay in top 300.

You mean 6* Sid, Palpatine is a different toon. Currently only AI playable on LS level 7.
    I know it's the same guy but it's like Anakin and Vader.

jp8ro3.png
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

It's not a trap if he's consistently losing. Lol I actually have the same problem. End up between 87 and 135 daily, wake up at 250 to 300. I'm in the process of subbing in Droids as they are leveled.
  • Options
    This used to kill me when I was ranking in the 200-300 zone and end up like 600 or so overnight. Since I got to ~150 (+/- 30) I usually go as high as 175 then back to ~110 next day before close.

I tried to do a search on setting your roster - I've read many threads where ppl say this but can someone confirm if the only way to set your team up differently is actually going into a match? Last few days I've tried some new setups based on great feedback from the forum and found I have a good team to climb but AI kills me defending so I'd love the ability to set up a "defending" team.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Arena standing for me tends to see the biggest drop on Friday and Saturday, where I can easily drop 50 ranks from the top 10... During the other days the drop seems a smaller... sometimes only a few ranks to outside the top 10... more commonly into ranks 20-30...

Has been this way pretty much since mid Dec when I broke into the top 50...

I also noticed if you change your power rating often, you're less likely to drop... as its likely you are being attacked by the same people over and over.. and when your power rating changes (but not your level or leader), they become a little wary as they're not sure if you changed your setup or not. thus they lose the advantage of preparing specifically against your old team setup.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Pretty sure this isn't people beating your squad specifically, but beating teams ranked better than you, thus shuffling everyone down a notch.

And yeah, I seek out teams that look easy to beat. I think we all do :)
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure this isn't people beating your squad specifically, but beating teams ranked better than you, thus shuffling everyone down a notch.

And yeah, I seek out teams that look easy to beat. I think we all do :)

When you hit the top 50, you start to recognise people more frequently, and it's probably more noticable in this bracket prior to the top 200

For me it's not about whether a team is easy to beat. its your rank that matters to me... Heck even the top placed guy had a team which was a struggle for me as it depended too much on which poe goes first.. If his poe goes first he'll win, if mine goes first I eat him alive... I always attack him cause he's a challenge and he has rank 1

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    I imagine everybody's server gets better and better at this young point in the game...
    I started playing less than a week after release, and my leaderboard is full of people who very clearly spent a lot of time and money on this game. Seems like every time I get a level higher, they all get two, lol. Some of the leaders are at level 68 and the top of the leaderboard is full of 7* characters.

If they don't raise the cap, we'll eventually all max out.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    I started playing less than a week after release, and my leaderboard is full of people who very clearly spent a lot of time and money on this game. Seems like every time I get a level higher, they all get two, lol. Some of the leaders are at level 68 and the top of the leaderboard is full of 7* characters.

If they don't raise the cap, we'll eventually all max out.

IT shouldn't even matter if you are a few levels.. the difference in power is very small these days compared to the early days as more people have higher starred people than early on... So in the past they had a star rank and level advantage over you... These days its more likely just the level advantage...

So even if they raise the cap again to 80 or even 90 (yeah I noticed on one of my heroes they have an item required level of 82!!!).. The difference isn't going to be as significant early on between those that spend and those that don't or very little.

And don't be put off by people with higher power or level than you... you'll often find these guys are actually easier than a lower power level/lower general level but better synergized team! A lot of the top 20 (certainly on the server I'm on) tend to stick their highest power characters into their team which don't work well together...

It doesn't take long before people figure out who is good at building teams and who isn't

• DestroyerOfCones
    22 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Skye wrote: »
    IT shouldn't even matter if you are a few levels.. the difference in power is very small these days compared to the early days as more people have higher starred people than early on... So in the past they had a star rank and level advantage over you... These days its more likely just the level advantage...
    A few levels? More like 10 levels, 2 stars and 2 gear levels of delta. We're talking 2 months here! I can overcome some of it by outplaying the AI, but I still can't touch the top teams. So, yes: I'm level 59, 5*, G6-7 and I'm barely top 500. What can I say, it's a tough leaderboard with a lot of whales ;)

As a f2p player, building new inventive teams is very difficult. It will take me a month to reach level 70 with the team I have. It would take me two months of patience and little payback and neglecting my existing team to farm a new character and star/gear them up to competitive levels. As I'm playing this for fun, and that doesn't sound very fun, I may be stuck with the team I already have.

• Options
    I had been ranging from 75 to rank 1 on any given day after a week of trials with Finn as lead of a mostly resistance team.

I put the 7* Sid back in the mix as lead, even though I prefer the other group makeup. Since then, I usually don't drop below 30. Since it saves me so much work, perception in this case wins over my preference.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    So, how can I counter-act this Phasma 4* looking weak as Lead problem?

My Sid is 6 as is my Lumi now. Should I start using Sid as Leader to scare off some people then? I made it back to 175 somewhat easily (just winning 3 games) but I'd rather not drop so much.

I assume if I lead with Sid, my team makeup needs to change. Quick roster I have avail:

Kylo, Fives, Luke, Dookue, Poe, Lumi, Phas, Ashoka and working on GS. ty.

• Options
    I personally actively attack Sid led teams. Almost all are cookie cutter teams Sid, Lumi, Dooku, Luke or Poe and Kilo or FOTP. I find those the easiest to beat. I shy away from Phasma teams because you don't know what 7*s are hiding behind her.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    So, how can I counter-act this Phasma 4* looking weak as Lead problem?

My Sid is 6 as is my Lumi now. Should I start using Sid as Leader to scare off some people then? I made it back to 175 somewhat easily (just winning 3 games) but I'd rather not drop so much.

I assume if I lead with Sid, my team makeup needs to change. Quick roster I have avail:

Kylo, Fives, Luke, Dookue, Poe, Lumi, Phas, Ashoka and working on GS. ty.

Experienced Arena users will not be scared of what leader you use...

YOu need to make sure your team is effective! so that doesn't mean putting the highest power rating in there... that won't work on people who have been around long enough to know better..

If you are intent on using Phasma, make sure you have a number of first order with her. So use Kylo Ren and FOTP if you have them... they get more from their leadership.. throw in Old Daka and Poe... that team becomes very annoying to attack.. you'll probably not lose as many ranks