AAT's influence on your guild

Prev134
Ring
559 posts Member
So, as the title says, how has the Tank Raid influenced your guild?

I must say I'd have been happier if it never showed up at all. Not in its current form. The guild was fine until the tank arrived and then things started to go horribly wrong.

First of all, we realized there is absolutely no way we can do even the Normal raid in under 10 days to 2 weeks. If that. Then, people started leaving. Leaders, officers. They went and joined guilds that were able to finish the raid. I can understand that, they want what's best for them, no hard feelings, best of luck. I know that players like me were holding them back.

But then things started to get worse. Some players appeared to get bored with the game and ceased to contribute as much as they used to. Not only to the raid, but to the guild as such. Dailies sometimes don't go past tier III, the daily contribution is something maybe a quarter of the guild is now paying attention to...

And then there is the raid itself... something that people couldn't care less about any more. It's a tedious, boring chore that players in the guild don't seem to care about. What's the point of spending 10 or 15 minutes EVERY DAY if the progress is measured in fractions of a percent? If you have to wait 2 weeks to get a result? For comparison, the Rancor Heroic raid is usually over in 3-4 hours. And it's a bit of a vicious corcle, because of the fact that the AAT has scared some players away from the game, we also cannot do the Rancor every second day :(

I really hope tiers are added to the AAT so that at least some measurable progress can be noticed. Otherwise, for us, it's become a game-killer :( And I don't think that was the intention :(

Replies

• anonidude
    703 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    There is a lot of truth here mate. Sorry it's torn your guild apart.

In terms of sheer health and time-to-finish the normal aat raid is totally out of whack with the expectations of the playerbase. I really hope either normal is nerfed or a new tier (beginner?) is introduced. I've been playing for nigh on a year and I fail to see how anyone could really start now and be effective in all areas of the game within a month or so.

A new player would have to sink time and resources into at least 20-25 toons, level / gear / Star / mod them all to really be viable in the aat raid and be able to contribute 2% damage for the guild.

At one per week (average) to 7* it is 5-6 months to even get the toons to the required rarity to be effective. Then sometime later the gear and mods and levels will catch up.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    Raid works as intended:)

CG feels there are too many guilds:)
  • Options
    Same here. We are a predominantly F2P guild from the Philippines and we became pals because of this game.

Sadly, a lot of our players are quitting now. Even our most active players have stopped playing because of the

1. Tank raid - we need I think two to three weeks to finish one at tier 6. And we know we're not strong enough for tier 7. The freaking animation is also so slow and it feels so tedious I personally just go on auto attack.

2. People have expressed their frustration on GW and the way new characters are introduced with the tournament. It's so time consuming.

3. Some hated the ships and see them as new "chores" (I personally am "ok" with them. But again, it feels tedious more than fun)

I like the game. Im just expressing the discontent of a lot of my guildmates. Just last night, one of our veterans also expressed his desire to quit. I told him to just lay off the game for a week or two and return after to see if it will be more "fun"

This is not a rant. I just think that there may be room to make it more time-friendly and fun. Oh well.
  • Options
    My guild has coped admirably with the new raid.

Yes, we've lost a couple of players and some have lost interest, but we've also been fortunate to have picked up a couple of new heavy-hitting squads.

We have gone from 19 days, to 15 and 12. Now we are on target to get through it in 10 days. Every week, I send an update with an analysis of our farming progress for each phase and the team are feeling positive about the progress.

We should be able to get to the Heroic level by January with our current progress and it will be a fantastic achievement when we do.

Now, if only I could get one of those new droids, I would be rapt.
  • Options
    We were looking forward to it before it was released. We are 50% through phase 2 of our first attempt and everyone is sick of it. They should have made lower tiers before release and the fact that so many people are struggling and they still have not even mentioned lower tiers is not a good sign.
  • Options
    My guid that that I've been in since the beginning just broke up, SithlivesMatter, a few days ago cause of this awful raid. I was/am furious/sad. Top 500 guild it was.
  • Options
    We tried our first tier 7 the yesterday failed miserably, then our officer left not a word we are so far away
  • Options
    Haydigan wrote: »
    My guild has coped admirably with the new raid.

Yes, we've lost a couple of players and some have lost interest, but we've also been fortunate to have picked up a couple of new heavy-hitting squads.

We have gone from 19 days, to 15 and 12. Now we are on target to get through it in 10 days. Every week, I send an update with an analysis of our farming progress for each phase and the team are feeling positive about the progress.

We should be able to get to the Heroic level by January with our current progress and it will be a fantastic achievement when we do.

Now, if only I could get one of those new droids, I would be rapt.

FYI: we beat normal in 5 days and have trouble beating heroic
  • Options
    We've got quite a loyal bunch so have stuck with it, first normal raid took 11 days! Now we are down to 4 days, failed a heroic attempt a few weeks back, went away to work on our droid teams and will be trying again this week.

The dynamic of the guild is completely different though, myself and the officers have become obsessive with regards to checking people have hit the tank and are working on the right toons etc, a lot of the guys who, ya know, play for fun, have been completely put out by it all, we've had to let a few go here and there to get in people who want to build.

Being ruthless with good people is something you'd expect to do in business not in the game you play to escape real life for a few minutes(who am I kidding, hours!) a day.

There is no fix available really now, they left it too late, all the damage has been done, all that's left to do really is give a lower tier for all the castaways who didn't quit and the noobs. To nerf the heroic now would be a slap in the face to the top players who by now have either factioned into mega guilds or are very close in a loyal guild.

We won't even mention that guild hopping was never fixed despite hollow threats to do so.
  • Options
    It had cause a lot of problems in our guild as well. Some people started losing interest, feeling overwhelmed and quit the game entirely. We've picked a few people but they are not really advanced players. In our case, adding lower tiers won't do anything, the rewards are weak enough as they are. It shouldn't take 2 weeks to complete Normal. It is NOT tuned for level 80, gear VIII, as they claim, that is a joke! The fact is that the AAT raid is just not that fun, especially P1 and P3; they are pure torture! But we've completed Normal a few times now. I usually finish in the top 2 spots, I could probably go join a "heroic" guild, but that would just contribute to the ongoing problem, plus, I started this guild along with a friend of mine and I like my guildies and we have a really nice core group. But as of now, we keep picking up weaker players than we're losing, it's disheartening frankly and every week it seems like some people start losing interest and their overall contributions start dropping. This raid has been hell... They can't nerf it soon enough! We totally deserve to at least have a realistic shot at heroic.
  • Options
    HobaFett wrote: »
    The dynamic of the guild is completely different though, (...) Being ruthless with good people is something you'd expect to do in business not in the game you play to escape real life for a few minutes(who am I kidding, hours!) a day.

This pretty much sums up the whole topic :( What had been a fun activity has become a mandatory faily taks that you are held accountable for. You are forced to go through 5 battles (if you have the roster for it) every single day and most of that time is spent not really playing, but waiting for the animations to finish. In our guild most of the weaker players are close to giving up completely, resulting in a few players contributing tens of millions of dmg and the rest clocking in several hundred thousand dmg because they simply don't have the patience for it.

As I said before: we need more tiers and we need them now. The AAT raid should be tiered like the Rancor raid. Or at least give us a chance to exchange AAT raid tokens for Rancor raid tokens (10:1 ratio would be enough) so that at least we can do more Rancor raids. Otherwise the tank will be the death of many guilds.
  • Options
    Yeah the AAT has caused problems in my guild as well. pretty much the same described, so I won't rehash it.

It boils down to 2 things - battle animations take way too long, super boring. Same can be said of ships content.

There must be another level with less difficulty to make the materials more accessible and the Raid finish faster.
  • Options
    Sorry, but why don't you just stop play it? Save your guilds! IMO if you do normal for 2 weeks you can live without it. There is enough new content now - p2p toons in fleet shipments, ships....Just start a raid and let them play if they want and whenever they want.
  • Options
    My guild has been stuck in this raid for at least 1 month and a bit. I feel like it's nearly impossible to finish. They need to nerf the raid to make you know? NORMAL. Right now it feels like the heroic rancor and even that was a little easier. They need to rework the raid and make possible to finish for guilds that don't have squads of "heavy hitters". But; no one has left over this raid from the guild. We've all been together since day 1 and they are some swell guys :)
  • Options
    People in our guild hate it. It's been a chore just to get people to continue taking their turns on the tank raid. I recently moved us up to heroic rancors for the first time, so that helped the morale tremendously. The tank is down to 5%, so we should finish it today, so that will help some as well.

But members only complain about the tank raid, no one likes it. Since everyone is autoing it and not actually fighting no one is even sharing tips or strategies. So there's less guild chat when people are doing it, as opposed the heroic rancor when everyone was sharing tips.
  • Options
    Whilst I sympathise with many guilds, and agree there should perhaps be some lower tiers, I've loved this new raid.

In my view it's done exactly what a guild raid should, its forced our guild to work together for collective win. Initially we thought we'd be months away from completing heroic. However, some great planning and agreement to drop what we were farming and all to work certain key toons, it didn't take long for us to smash heroic.

We lost a couple players, but not due to raid, but have recruited great people. No guild hopping, no recruiting only strongest players, just work well and plan as a guild.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    pchen3082 wrote: »
    Raid works as intended:)

CG feels there are too many guilds:)

And too many players?
  • Options
    Broke up the old guild I was in for 4 months, top 8 people left and joined a guild that could complete it in 4 days. A lot of peev'd off people left in he guild that was gutted.

On the cusp of being able to do heroic but AAT is less fun than running through a salt factory with a thousand paper cuts and sprinklers spraying lemon juice all over you.

There's really no option to not do it. It's either do it, go guildless or quit the game.
  • Options
    AAT has been very demoralizing for my guild.
    Not releasing lower tiers and setting the difficulty so high for normal feels like a big mistake by CG
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »
    Sorry, but why don't you just stop play it? Save your guilds! IMO if you do normal for 2 weeks you can live without it. There is enough new content now - p2p toons in fleet shipments, ships....Just start a raid and let them play if they want and whenever they want.

I get this, but you're missing out on the exclusive raid gear that's really only available there for f2p (I think some is available in shipments but too expensive to be viable for f2p). And without the gear you lose ground in arena which means less crystals...a mediocrity spiral. And the slog means it's hard to get people excited to develop for heroic for GK shards...etc.

• pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I get this, but you're missing out on the exclusive raid gear that's really only available there for f2p (I think some is available in shipments but too expensive to be viable for f2p). And without the gear you lose ground in arena which means less crystals...a mediocrity spiral. And the slog means it's hard to get people excited to develop for heroic for GK shards...etc.

Sorry, but I am not agree. IMO this game is not about long term planning. If you do normal for 2 weeks when you will get GK - in august?!? He will be obsolete then - look at Han - how many players use it? How much time you will need if you are at 25 position in raid leaderboard to make a single toon gear level 11? Till then they will release a new toon who will overpower your even at gear 9. It is no more about slowly farm and gear toons - it become about to get fast latest toons and use it at gear 10 even 9 (of course depends on shard) and then wait for next. I think main reason for this is because gearing a toon takes much more time than star it - so just star it, gear it to 10, move your mods and use it.

EDIT: that's why I think AAT raid is not worth it - takes too long to get benefits.
  • Options
    We were doing great on the raid getting it done south of 10 days. Then we decided that we would give the heroic a shot just to see how we would do and everything started falling apart. Another tank raid has been active for 3 refreshes and only 60% through phase one with only 29/50 actually attacking it. It isn't like these people aren't around because they are hitting the rancor. Some of us have become pretty close in a third party chat app but we lost our biggest damage dealer over that heroic. I just don't have the time like many others have said to spend 15-20 minutes doing 5 runs when I maybe get 200k damage in on runs 3-5. It really needs a tuning or that's going to be it for me because my guild is what keeps me in this game.

If they really are looking to get the number of guilds down then they are going to at least lose me as a player. I am not free to play but I would place myself between hippie and dolphin. I buy the daily Crystal and buy some crystal packs on the 25% offers.
  • Options
    He will be obsolete then - look at Han - how many players use it?
    I use him every time I fight droids and in AAT P4. Great utility!
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    This raid messed up our guild definitely. But I don't think it's just the raid... it's all the terrible tournaments, the ships, the new OP toons.... all coming at once. No one cares anymore. We went from having 45-50 people in every raid to 30. We still have 50 members but no one feels the needs or desire to do all theis runs. And recruiting is dead so we can't just pick up new members. It sucks really.

We are a mostly casual guild, only a few big guns. I think after months of grinding away at the rancor the lower players really started making progress and doing damage in the raid. That was FUN! People were waiting for the raids then. They saw they could actually get Han (one of the only cool new toons). Now?? This is anything but fun. It's like all the progress we all made with the rancor is out the window because we are behind this giant new wall of crap. New OP toons are everywhere now. We aren't even doing heroic for kenobi so what is the incentive when they can work on Baze, or Jyn, or whoever?

Such a gigantic miscalculation to not include a tier 5 in this raid. There is just too much new content right now and all of it require a different loooolong grind. All the casuals are dying off.
  • Options
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    It had cause a lot of problems in our guild as well. Some people started losing interest, feeling overwhelmed and quit the game entirely. We've picked a few people but they are not really advanced players. In our case, adding lower tiers won't do anything, the rewards are weak enough as they are. It shouldn't take 2 weeks to complete Normal. It is NOT tuned for level 80, gear VIII, as they claim, that is a joke! The fact is that the AAT raid is just not that fun, especially P1 and P3; they are pure torture! But we've completed Normal a few times now. I usually finish in the top 2 spots, I could probably go join a "heroic" guild, but that would just contribute to the ongoing problem, plus, I started this guild along with a friend of mine and I like my guildies and we have a really nice core group. But as of now, we keep picking up weaker players than we're losing, it's disheartening frankly and every week it seems like some people start losing interest and their overall contributions start dropping. This raid has been hell... They can't nerf it soon enough! We totally deserve to at least have a realistic shot at heroic.

100% identical situation in my guild too... I feel ya
  • Options
    I only wish we could get CG to address the problem seriously. Something beyond "we will look into it"
  • Options
    No one will do something based on forum posts - they look at data - if there are enough players that play it they will not change it. It is same as GW. So I think writing in forum is useless - just have to stop play content that we do not like.
  • Options
    Tell you tomorrow as we are doing our heroic today.

If it fails it may be the end of several of our stronger players and I don't blame them. This raid emphasises the strong 50 versus the strong 25 carrying 25 others.

The day of the " I don't care what your roster is, as Lon as you earn 600" is essentially over I think. Which SUCKS IMO but some people want to end game raid and I get and respect it ( I'm one of them).

As for the normal, the same people who complete it top 15+ are generally the ones carrying them anyways.
  • Options
    The AAT is the worst... my guild literally started tier 6 shortly after the update and we are only in phase two. I think there are only five of us that actually try to keep up with it everyday to finish it.
  • Options
    No one will do something based on forum posts - they look at data - if there are enough players that play it they will not change it. It is same as GW. So I think writing in forum is useless - just have to stop play content that we do not like.

Only problem is is that you HAVE to play it now in all it's awfulness if you want to progress your gear. I hate the way GW is now but need to do it too. Just not fun. I like ships though