Are clone teams any good?

I just unlocked Rex and am considering unlocking Fives, Cody, and Echo and adding Plo to make up the 5.

Is this a waste of time and resources? Would this team be viable in either arena or Rancor raid?

Replies

• Baze
    182 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure why u would choose Plo considering he's not a clone. But I digress.

Maxed out clone squad is a lot of fun to use. But if you had to choose certain clones to gear up I'd recommend Rex first, then Fives. Echo, Cody, and Sarge later on.

For Rancor Rex and Fives will be very handy. And as far as Arena is concerned, I use Rex and 5's in my arena team even to this day.
  • Options
    Only said plo becuase of his turn meter boost for clones... and because i have him 7* haha. JA and Sarge are either not activated or low star right now.
    Baze wrote: »
    Not sure why u would choose Plo considering he's not a clone. But I digress.

Maxed out clone squad is a lot of fun to use. But if you had to choose certain clones to gear up I'd recommend Rex first, then Fives. Echo, Cody, and Sarge later on.

For Rancor Rex and Fives will be very handy. And as far as Arena is concerned, I use Rex and 5's in my arena team even to this day.

• Options
    The clones are a lot of fun together. The squad of 5 is what I still use for the rancor and I've been cruising through most GW nodes for a month or so with Cody, Echo, Rex, Sarge, and Ayla. I tend to switch in plo over ayla during GW when I actually need more than a single dispel - and having two TM boosts is certainly fun too hah.

As Baze mentioned, Rex and Fives are your best bets for getting started. They are great characters in every aspect of the game - with or without other clones so you really can't go wrong and certainly won't have regrets. I also am still running a pvp squad with Rex and Fives lol so they definitely make the cut there.

Cody and Echo are still sort of lost when it comes to pvp unfortunately. Cody is one of the squishiest characters in the game and both his and Echo's assist abilities have some of the largest damage penalties in the game. They are a blast in GW, rancor, and P2/4 in AAT but they are going to continue to ride the bench in pvp with the way the meta is right now.

If you decide to get the squad you should start the grind for Sarge lol. He is the hardest hitting clone by almost twice the damage and his AOE turn meter reduction is fantastic.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Clone Sarge is fundamental to clone synergy. Plo is nice too, don't get me wrong, but your NEED Sarge.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Clone Sarge is fundamental to clone synergy. Plo is nice too, don't get me wrong, but your NEED Sarge.

+1
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    thanks so much everyone
  • Options
    Clone Teams are amazing to have a super good Clone team have Rex leader Echo Fives Clone Sarge and a tank like Sun Fac or STH. Cody is not that good Clone Sarge is much better.
  • Options
    Clones are going beast mode once people Zeta Cody and 5's
    https://swgoh.gg/u/siskin/
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
  • Options
    Siskin wrote: »
    Clones are going beast mode once people Zeta Cody and 5's

Here's to hoping!
    Clone Teams are amazing to have a super good Clone team have Rex leader Echo Fives Clone Sarge and a tank like Sun Fac or STH. Cody is not that good Clone Sarge is much better.

I really want to slap a shoretrooper in as the 5th to keep Wiggs from killing a clone at match start and give them that crit immunity and heal but I think that fifth slot HAS to be a character with taunt and dispel (Cuz Echo's dispel is awful). While I have a sun fac, I'm not sure if he's the guy since he can't protect them out the gate - so I guess it needs to be Baze lol?

• Options
    I went all the way with clones from the start, love them. Top end arena viable? Not anymore..... but hope is coming for them with zeta and kenobi. I'd never change a thing if I had to do it over though. My clones are great , destroy in gw, raids, tournaments and are just the most fun to play for me.