Theory: AI seems so buffed because it gets your party's buffs (and more stuff)

OK, so for 4 hours in the SAME fight over and over in GW last night, every couple battles I would see these issues. The fact that this was the same fight is extremely important to what I was able to track during the process.

Basic bugs (I think):

This to me is unexplainable unless for some reason it is not showing the bonus attack (which, for the number of bonus attacks that DO display, I find hard to believe many are not)... FOTP would hit my Phasma for right around 4900 damage in opening attack. No bonus attack, no buffs, but the 4900 would 1 shot P{hasma--who has 12,600 HP currently. Occasionally the same attack would instead target and hit my Luminara for 7900 and 1 shot her... she currently has 8900 HP.

Sidious would sit with a blue turn meter bar for 3 to 6 turns and attack me repeatedly during these fights when it happened. Some characters he would inevitably kill at some point, so it should add some turn meter during that, but no one had died before it happened, and generally it would take 2-3 attacks before he killed even one character. None of the other team's characters attacked during this time either. In fact, when he did stop attacking, the meter would still be full but someone else would randomly get an attack and this would then reset his meter to zero.

The Big Bug (again, imo)

This one I honestly think is legitimately happening though it's hard to prove and would explain why the AI seems to proc everything... But I think MY buffs were applied to the teams I was attacking... I tried each party 5+ times, mostly to test what I was seeing. Each situation did NOT occur to the point of irregularity when I put in a different leader and set of buffs.

When I put in an all evasion buff team with evasion leader, I dodged nothing, but all of a sudden, then entire team I was attacking started dodging 50-75% of attacks.
My counter attack team would go in and maybe in taking 10-20 hits, it would proc one counter attack. (No Dooku in my party, fyi. Couldn't really test this because the party had no Jedis.)
If I put in my crit team, the AI was scoring critical hits on almost every attack.
I tried my defense team and suddenly I did less damage than they should have been doing while seeing no reduction in damage done to me. (I watched that 4900 opening hit mentioned above literally about 30 times in 4 hours, at least 10 of these times while I was buffed.)
My speed team got me destroyed. I got all the opening moves like normal, but after that the AI was attacking twice for every 1 attack I got--and with mirror images of my exact characters.

I am NOT...repeat NOT... claiming cheating or intentional railroading. I want to make that clear. But I am starting to really believe the buffs are being incorrectly placed at the start of fights at least *some* of the time. This makes sense, to me anyway, why sometimes it seems like nothing is going in our favor in places like Arena or GW.

I'm going to keep testing this to see if I can find proof...and I know it's hard for anyone to believe without the 4 hours of video of what I saw, but if anyone has insight, suggestions, or can find ways to test and prove this, let me know. I would honestly LOVE to be proven wrong for peace of mind!

Replies

• Options
    I'm listening. And I'm intrigued. Let us know what you come up with.
  • Options
    I will pay closer attention that ... Very interesting. It should be easy to test with Teebo, if enemy would stealth.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    I haven't done any testing, but I have observed similar items to what the OP mentioned. The main thing that stood out to me was when the teams were basically the same - at least the leader. Very frequently I run GW with Luminara as my leader - yet I almost never dodge any attacks - but when I face an opposing Luminara-led team they dodge a ridiculous amount. I am not sure if having similar team make-ups causes this to happen more...or if it simply stands out more when everything should be basically equal.

All that being said - I do have to admit that I have seen it where my team gets the better hand of RNG and I get more procs than the opposing team...but those are quite few and far between. If there is no bug in the code each team should get the better RNG roughly half the time, which certainly does not seem to be the case.
  • Options
    Similar teams are not similar teams. I doubt you faced an exact copy gearwise, levelwise and rankwise. That means it's possible to have worse chances if the enemy team is better geared.
    There isn't much info to go by other than feelings and I think(ings).

" FOTP would hit my Phasma for right around 4900 damage in opening attack. No bonus attack, no buffs, but the 4900 would 1 shot P{hasma--who has 12,600 HP currently. Occasionally the same attack would instead target and hit my Luminara for 7900 and 1 shot her... she currently has 8900 HP."

I didnt get that part. Your FotP hit Phasma for 4900 but she has 12.6k hp and got oneshotted anyway? You sure you didn't lag and missed some attacks or a few seconds of the battle? Happens to me from time to time.
    Anyway a screenshot or video would help out a lot to get to the bottem of this problem.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting