Why not a Naboo team?

VektorT
111 posts Member
edited December 2016
I was thinking... yeah, they keep adding chars from the new movies, cool, but they could later move to fill the gaps of older movies... by doing so, why not a Naboo faction that combine both gungans and the Royal House of Naboo? It's not even difficulty to come out with a relevant hoster:

- Padmé Amidala: how is she still missing in the game? She could be the main addition with the Naboo hoster and may sinergy both with Naboo and the Republic.

- Quarsh Panaka: the chief of the Royal Naboo Security Forces he has a considerable amount of in screen scenes and lines in Episode I and appears a lot in the older expanded universe.

- Rugor Nass: the king of the gungas was not exactly a warrior himself, but neither is Poggle of the genosians, right? He together with Padmé could have the leader bonuses.

- Tarpals: the gungan general of Episode I is a must have in my opinion since not only is he a warrior as I think it was very loyal of him how he put himself in danger to rescue Jar Jar mid battle.

Those are the more relevants named chars I think could go in, but there is more in the new expanded universe and on legends. You can also go with generics "Gungan Soldier" and "Naboo Royal Guard", plus of course a "Naboo Pilot" of some sort so we can have that nice yellow fighter in the ships battle! Also the gungans may have bonuses against droids (and they could also add B1 Battle Droid and Droidekas together with the mix :v ).

> As a plus Anakin may gain some bonuses if Padmé is in his team or penalties if she is in the opponent team. Like 150% crying strenght when she is in his side and minus two legs and one arm if she is in the opposing team!

What do you guys think?

Replies

• MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    You forgot Jar Jar and that one council guy that said invasion
  • Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

^
  • Options
    Naboo Starfighter is pretty nice in fairness. I'm game.
  • Options
    Handmaiden Sabe would make a great Tank
  • Options

Savage A*

• Options
    :D
  • Options
    IG0_Harry wrote: »
    Naboo Starfighter is pretty nice in fairness. I'm game.

This. With ships, we need the Naboo Starfighter and a pilot. I'd guess that this is the first thing we see from Naboo in the game. Perhaps we can get the little flirt Anakin Junior as a pilot for it. *throws up*

My guess is we won't see a ton of toons from the prequels. They are going to invest in the future movies to hype the game more than movies that were not well received. But they are going to need new ships. I'd love to see the Naboo Starfighter, and possibly some of the droid ships..which were really droids themselves, so could be an interesting option.
  • Options
    Padme???
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    tumblr_o8b91tyaIx1tr7uilo4_250.gif
  • Options
    Padme, Doideka, JarJar, and a Nubian Pilot. Then we can be done with Phantom Menace forever. Lets set the goal for before August CG.
  • Options
    Young kenobi, young anakin, jar jar, qui gon would get the tag, that big fish that almost ate them would be a boss, b1 battle droid. Darth jar jar and jar jar with droid arm on leg would be nice.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    That would suck, nobody likes Nubians, and Ep l was atrocious
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Jar Jar aside, I thought the Gungan tech in their army was pretty neat. I wouldn't mind seeing some Gungan soldiers with those energy shields etc.

Between the Gungans and the humans on Naboo I think it can be a neat tag. Ric Olie ( to pilot the naboo starfighter ) Padme, Panaka, a couple Gungan warrior variants etc. I'm down
  • crzydroid
    7332 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ric Olie could be the pilot for N-1 starfighter.

But it's kind of a crime that there's still no Padme, even if they aren't doing full Naboo yet. It seems that most of the prequel era toons are actually from Clone Wars, and not the movies. There's overlap, of course, but it seems more like the Clone Wars versions. Why Ima-Gun-Di over Ki Adi Mundi, for example?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Why Ima-Gun-Di over Ki Adi Mundi, for example?

Because Ki Adi Mundi never does anything in the movies or the show. At least Gun-Di had a meaningful death in the show
  • Options
    VektorT wrote: »

What do you guys think?
    Those are very good suggestions! I'd be very happy with those toons in the game. But I really don't want the clown Jar Jar to be in it!

• Options
    Those would all fall under the current republic faction
  • Options
    I sent a very long message about that to the team when they asked our opinions on the game. Told them I hate that padme has not gotten a character yet...episode 1 naboo battle or episode 2 arena battle...doesn't matter just one of them...and for the love of god give us the naboo starfighter and a naboo pilot...just a generic one or give us Ric Ole.
  • Options
    Padmé +1
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    We will be getting naboo fighters. You can see on the gold ship ability materials a silhouette of one. The blue ones have a vulture droid as well
  • Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »

I like the Nubians and the gungans for that matter. And the movie wasn't atrocious (not counting jar jar's character... Or young Anakin hiding in a pilot's seat that takes off accidentally... which he then uses to single handily best the entire droid space fleet).

• Options
    I think they should defo add these toons would be nice to have them
  • Options
    Lets not forget Palpatines relation to Naboo
  • VektorT
    111 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Didn't forgot Jar Jar... I just don't want to see him! He is a terrible character and, well, not a fighter at all to be ingame (other chars present also aren't, granted). Until Jar Jar stop being Jar Jar and start to be DARTH BINKS THE GREATEST SITH OF ALL TIME I don't want to see him anywhere... :love:
    ElleMadara wrote: »

I still don't get why EP I get all this flak. I don't think it was a bad movie and presented some cool characters and concepts. The main flaw of the movie is Darth Maul, who was to cool to get so little show. But, yeah, you have that Jar Jar thing and that tiny Anakin... argh! But still I think EP I was way better than EP II and all that stupid drama between Anakin and Padme.
    Ric Olie could be the pilot for N-1 starfighter.

Great suggestion! I hate those generic characters and pulling out a Ric Olie instead of a "Nubian Pilot" is great!
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Because Ki Adi Mundi never does anything in the movies or the show. At least Gun-Di had a meaningful death in the show

Ki Adi Mundi at least is in the movies, like other jedis ingame, and he actually have a cool participation on the second genosian battle in season 2 of the show. And he also do a lot more than Eeth Koth and Gundi... Mundi at least fight and kill some genosians, Koth is just captured without much of a fight and Gundi dies in the very same episode he debut.

Above all, I like the game but it has so many flaws and being much more a marketing piece than an actual game and Star Wars immersion is one of those problems. They could stop creating those super out of balance chars from the new movies and at least give us Jango Fett, Mundi, Padmé, B1 and Droideka droids and other cool chars from older movies and shows.

Post edited by VektorT on
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Why Ima-Gun-Di over Ki Adi Mundi, for example?

Ki-Addi Mundi does lead a major battle briefly scene in RotS, he actually has some lines in the movies, he has a lead role in a couple TCW episodes, and he's a payable hero in SWBF II which you may say is irrelevant, but I'd argue a lot of SWGOH players have also played that and thus there is some attachment value.
  • Options
    I want jar jar as long as he is the drunken fist sith master he is not well known to be but is known to be. Jar Jar was so poorly received dooku was invented for ep two. Nevertheless jar jar is a sith master.
  • Options
    I want jar jar as long as he is the drunken fist sith master he is not well known to be but is known to be. Jar Jar was so poorly received dooku was invented for ep two. Nevertheless jar jar is a sith master.

Dont be silly, Darth Binks would be to OP and impossible to balance. His passive ability would be something like "every time someone foolishly tries to attacks Darth Binks it will be a critical error and the attacker suffers the whole damage with a random chance of 100% of also damaging his own team mates".
  • Options
    Please no, I have tried to avoid EP 1 for years after the debacle that was JJB. Padme from the arena would be ok though.
  • Options
    I noticed they cater to the ot and St mostly but like I posted Ric Ole was the character I suggested as well as Padme for future updates as well as the naboo starfighter. Possibly even a a naboo background/battleground cause I am getting tired of seeing the same ones over and over.