End Game Content

DarthLucaz
328 posts Member
edited December 2016
So a year ago this was a much smaller game. There was very little endgame content to keep us busy. Back before the Rancor raid and Guilds, endgame content was Arena, GW, and the Characters Vader, Yoda, and Grevious. Then raids came out. Arena stopped being endgame as did GW, though CG treats the Long War as endgame still. Han Solo joined the other three as the fourth endgame toon.

Then Emperor's demise came out bringing the endgame toons to 5 and rounding out the first year of endgame content for the most part.

Then the AAT came out. The endgame of endgame content. Essentially the rest of year1 endgame content combined. The prerequisites to successfully beat Heroic AAT and unlock Gen. Kenobi is like combining the grind for all five previous endgame toons and the Rancor raid. Very well done. And tournaments came out, keeping GW somewhat relevent to endgame, although it is still year1 content and should no longer be applicable.

Grevious and Vader and 7 former p2p toons entered Fleet shipments, subsidising the old endgame grind and marking year2 content's beginning.

The point to my post is the following: am I wrong in stating that certain content needs to be simplified? Things like Arena achievements and Galactic war are old news and no longer endgame and yet we see they still are being treated as such. While I can beat GW in <30min maximum, it is still an unnecessary timesink, and despite the new fleet arena neither fleet shipments nor fleet wins count toward the old arena achieveements which with the release of Vader in fleet shipments become generally useless. By releasing Vader in those shipments, you are basically stating, Luke is coming soon get your Empire Ready, so I'm questioning why these areas are not updated to match the rest of year2 content.

Comments and criticism welcome.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know about all that, but galactic war is my favorite game mode, followed by squad arena.
    I "use" raids and fleet arena to rank high in squad arena, so for me arena is still the only true endgame.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Yeah GW was my favorite for the longest time, but since the level cap increase its been less enjoyable. I used my ewoks for fun before but now use rebels to quicken the pace. Once we max out ships in the next couple months, GW will again become optional, rather than necessary. It will become relevent only to those who are able to place high in ttournaments, which is essentially Arena engame for year2.

Arena will always be endgame, I'm just questioning the lack of improvement on the related acheivements while the game shifts away from year1 endgame to year2 endgame. I've always been an acheivement hunter, since Xbox 360 made it a big deal with high achievement numbers and gifts for playing. So when I look at the slowest achievements in this game it bugs my OCD bad.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    I would still call Arena (both, regular and ship) end-game because it is ever-changing. Other than that, the only other content I would refer to as end-game is the most recently released raid, which at this time is the AAT.
  • Options
    Sooooo, the endgame didn't endgame... ? What?
  • Options
    Sooooo, the endgame didn't endgame... ? What?

Basically I was trying to start a discussion on how, while most endgame content from year1 has been left alone or adjusted properly(Rancor, Shipments, and endgame toons) while things like arena achievements and GW are not updated to reflect the game's overall shift.

Directly Galactic War should be left as is for the remainder of the games life. Make a Ship GW instead.
  • Options
    I like your post. When I look at accomplishing my daily chores for this game, I has swelled to well over an hour. I think if half of that was optional content it would help keep the daily interest peeked.
    The AAT raid is a major grind with not much in the way of satisfaction. The prizes for the normal Tier are garbage for the time spent. If this is suppose to be the end game content I've been pushing for, this raid devalues everything.
    The Galactic War has evolved into a time consuming chore, some value has been put back into the GW grind with ships being added to the GW store, but it needs to be retuned to make the daily chore of GW more enjoyable. Especially with the addition of mods and new level cap, it is a bit much trying to defeat 12 nodes on a daily basis.
    The pvp Arena is perfect with only 3 required for the daily chore. Two optional battles and more accessible with a reset, good value toons to work towards in the store. Mostly the difficulty is based purely on the players, and how well you develop your toons against theirs.
    The challenges rotate daily and everyone knows the schedule. They are fine as is. The events are fine and leave you waiting for the next to pop up. The tournaments are dreadful and need a major overhaul. Way to much work with content that is marred by having to refresh time after time in order to get the most lopsided battle.
    The ships look to be a promising expansion of content. but the battles drag from the animation and the ships in general seem to have too much protection and heal very rapidly. All of which drags out battles. It will be nice when story line battles are added to ships and I can experiment more with their capabilities. But for now it is enough to hit auto in the fleet arena because trying to run a battle otherwise is hard to do in 7 and a half minute time allowed.
    Looking forward to year 2

• JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I always laugh when I hear the term "end-game" being thrown around for these types of games... Because surely, you must know that there is no such thing for these games, they constantly put out new stuff and it is constantly evolving. End-game? What end-game? This isn't Assassins Creed... (which happens to be what I'm currently playing on my console atm! Ezio! :) )
  • Options
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    I always laugh when I hear the term "end-game" being thrown around for these types of games... Because surely, you must know that there is no such thing for these games, they constantly put out new stuff and it is constantly evolving. End-game? What end-game? This isn't Assassins Creed... (which happens to be what I'm currently playing on my console atm! Ezio! :) )

I'll definitely grant you that. Endgame is a subjective term. But, in the trend of MMOs endgame exists and changes as the game evolves. Comparing it to those type of games, I see structural similarities. The new raid replaced the old as endgame. Tournaments replaced GW as endgame...kind of. Ships is like a WoW expansion. I use that term lightly. Assassins creed never fit that mold. Endgame for that was getting the next game. Which I stopped after Black Flag and 3 was poodoo.
    Offtopic I dont know which Im more excited for. The Assassins creed movie or Rogue one. Must see both.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Exactly, end-game just refers to the highest level of content at the time. In any game with updates, the end-game content will change when content is added.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    I don't know about all that, but galactic war is my favorite game mode, followed by squad arena.
    I "use" raids and fleet arena to rank high in squad arena, so for me arena is still the only true endgame.

I agree with this, but arena is my favorite.
  • Options

If the game gets cancelled at some point there is an end-game. Like making half of the player base angry or release sick ptp tournaments..
    They need to start focusing on those things or the game is gone in about a year or two

• Options
    I think when ship GW is released that'll be true endgame content
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

If the game gets cancelled at some point there is an end-game. Like making half of the player base angry or release sick ptp tournaments..
    They need to start focusing on those things or the game is gone in about a year or two

Agreed. I see the player base being ignored over and over again and it gives me pause when spending. I've seen this happen in other games, things go very bad very quickly. It's easy to lose a lot of players, very hard to gain new ones once a game has been out for more than a year. The devs would be wise to do something about tournaments and character releases before it's too late.