Tier IV Ackbar challenge is imbalanced.

Knite
14 posts Member
edited December 2016
4 High HP and Shield Clone Arc-170s that recover shields, 2 Consular Jedi Starfighters that heal shields and grant bonus shields WHILE calling an assist, Rex's Arc that heals shields for itself and republic allies, Mace's ship that forces taunts and heals shields and Ahsoka who strips any taunt or bonus shield you may have yourself.

How are we supposed to power through that? Even if I manage to nuke down Ahsoka and a Jedi Starfighter, the permanent healing of the tanky Arcs and the additional Jedi and Capital ship heals is never ending while I get whittled down with rockets and assists.

Even if I manage to get another Arc close without it being healed, the Capital just taunt swaps while the other ships heal up back to full shields.

Anyone have insight on how to deal with this stage? Seems absurdly imbalanced compared to the other challenges.
Post edited by Mageduckey on

Replies

• Options
    I thought the same way after my first couple of tries.
    You'll need to wait for a good RNG run - I lost by a mile the first couple of tries, tried and tried again, and suddenly I finished the challenge with 4 ships remaining.

What surely won't hurt is levelling up a bit, getting another ship to the * requirement for an additional reinforcement call.
  • Panimu
    16 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Maybe parts of the game should be a challenge and not just completable the second you unlock it? Wow!

Also I found this easy. 3* first try.
  • Options
    The requirements to do the challenge are a floor, not a ceiling.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Keeping Ahsoka alive is key, you may need a little RNG for that.

The rest is all RNG.

See what I did there?
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Took me 5 tries. Luck and RNG.
    Praise rngesus!
  • Options
    Wait until you do tier 5.
    I tried today and lost 3 ships before I made my very first move.
  • Options
    There are many things in this game I will complain about, but the balancing of the ship battles is not one of them. Most people having troubles are going in with fleets that are not maxed for the level of the challenge.

I will admit that it is frustrating to try and 3* a challenge when there are 3 reinforcements.... But hey I also spent months having to do the tank challenge manually cause I could not beat it on auto
  • Options
    I thought the same way after my first couple of tries.
    You'll need to wait for a good RNG run - I lost by a mile the first couple of tries, tried and tried again, and suddenly I finished the challenge with 4 ships remaining.

What surely won't hurt is levelling up a bit, getting another ship to the * requirement for an additional reinforcement call.

I'm going to echo this because I had the exact same experience. Keep chipping away at it and the pieces will fall into place.
  • Options
    Took literally 56 attempts and just done it, with 3 ships remaining, so so so RNG dependent its not funny.

Xio
  • Options
    Sorry, it's still ridiculous. Level 80 Ghost GS8 crew, 80 Phantom GS8 crew, 81 Biggs GS 8, 89 JCS GS 8 crew, 80 Ahsoka GS 8 crew. Back up 76 Resistance X-wing GS8 crew. 78 Ackbar GS 8 crew power and level 3 abilities.

Aim for Rex first. Kill him by round two. Mace puts invulnerable on Ahsoka and then the clones one shot my ships. If I happen to kill one or Ahsoka a JCS is immediately on scene with valor given the clones extra fun with 2 JCS and double the assist attacks and protection.

Gonna try again once I 5 star all the ships, but this is ridiculous. Breezed Mace and Tarkin Tier 4, but seriously...if you love the clones this much then show them love in the next patch and give them helmets and stronger attacks and defense.