Finally finished the Tank Tank down

What has it been, 35 or so days? I would say my guild is the typical guild, at least one person that spends money, with a few $20/mo players the other 2/3rds are fully f2p with the last 10 slots constantly in rotation between new player and those that have gone inactive. As time progresses and the Zeta abilitied toons start to come on time this will obviously help the situation but I do not see it really dropping the time it takes an average guild to do this raid below 2 weeks and definitely not a week where a reasonable target would lay.

I haven't been keeping up with the forums as much as I should but I have not seen any announcements or plans to adjust this raid. As it stands my guild does not want to start another one since this one was just a daily annoyance that no one wants to repeat. If there is some hope that it is going to change then we could re-evaluate.

Has anyone heard or seen something that I missed.

ehncNUS.png

Replies

• Options
    We're aware of the difficulty guilds are experiencing with the Tank Takedown raid.It was ideally crafted for higher guild membership numbers and more frequent participation, but since then research has shown that enough guilds are below those assumptions to make the raid overall far more difficult than we’d intended. While there is no set timeline in regards to when these fixes will be released, we want to let you know it is on our radar and actively being addressed.
    As always, we appreciate your feedback on you and your respective guild’s experience with this raid as we look into tuning the raids difficulty.
    We’ve also heard your feedback on the tank animation in Phase 2, and will be making changes to address this

they announced this in the developer updates one month ago, if that helps. when they actually change something? no clue.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    They're definitely going to nerf it to some extent. However, it will still be a challenge and way more difficult than the rancor raid.
  • Options
    Most everyone in my guild stop doing it altogether there is 3 /50 that are still trying there best to chip away at this abomination of a raid concept - the rewards defiantly are not equal to the time it takes to do this raid . Mind you this is still are first raid working on since released :(
  • Options
    @iseayou thanks, I did indeed miss that. Would have liked to see more of a commitment to fixing it sooner rather than sometime in the next two or three lifetimes... it's not like it's rocket science to change a few variables... reduce the speed of the enemy by 1/4, reduce the health by 1/2 and you have a 1 week raid for the average guild and the heroic still only attainable for the top 10-15% of the guilds at this time.

I suspect everything at EA is done by committee and they have yet to hold a meeting to decide when the meeting that will appoint the meeting personnel that will hold the meeting that assigns the task of starting the meetings that will decide how to proceed with a re-balance will happen. Once that happens them I'm certain the re-balance committee well be able to get on with the important task of holding daily meetings to **** the progress of the previous days meeting and to set dates and times for future wrap up meetings with the original committee that assigned them the task of meeting to re-balance the raid.

Sooner or later a dev that is fed up and ready to leave will made a simple update to fix the issue and be fired for it and a hastily thrown together meeting will take place to decide how best to tell the community that they have been hard at work re-balancing and testing the raid and it is now live for the community to ogle and swoon.

I think I got it now.
  • Options
    This raid requires 40+ member guilds with 2-3 excellent squads. If each member focuses on one squad at a time(g10+) you could be finishing heroic in a couple months
  • Options
    If you try hard enough the next one should only take 33 or 34 days!
    Stay strong.
  • Options
    Why does everybody worry so much about what everybody spends?

I think your post speaks better without all the mumbo jumbo about who spent what inside it.

Congrats on beating the Tank Takedown. We are at about 45% left of phase 1.

A person spending or not spending on the game does not need to be mentioned at all in my opinion.

I also think it should not be made easier at all.

People complaining obviously want it all handed to them. I love how epic it is. It's a shame you decided not to go for it again and better yourselves.
  • Options
    Most everyone in my guild stop doing it altogether there is 3 /50 that are still trying there best to chip away at this abomination of a raid concept - the rewards defiantly are not equal to the time it takes to do this raid . Mind you this is still are first raid working on since released :(

Find a better guild or motivate your guild to keep at it instead of leaning on 3 people to do it all.
  • Options

I think your post speaks better without all the mumbo jumbo about who spent what inside it.

A person spending or not spending on the game does not need to be mentioned at all in my opinion.

People complaining obviously want it all handed to them. I love how epic it is. It's a shame you decided not to go for it again and better yourselves.

I doubt you are at about 45% left of phase 1 since the launched over a month ago and, despite the difficulty, thought the raid shouldn't be made easier! Are you for real? That mean you would need 3-4 months more to finish the raid!
  • Options

Find a better guild or motivate your guild to keep at it instead of leaning on 3 people to do it all.

• Options
    I am the guild leader and there is only so much I can personally do to motivate any team on a horrible Op raid design , everything caters to the. Boutique guild that has everyone maxed out and is OCD organized . When in reality most people don't have that kind of time for one and two the prizes vs the amount of time it takes to complete a raid like this is just plain bad , we are 28%left on the tank raid our first since it started , we have a great guild with people having a decent roster , but this tank take down has killed the motivation
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    It took us three weeks to finish our first one, and when I said I was starting another one the reaction from the guild was...well we'll just say it wasn't positive. They hate it, they absolutely hate it. I don't even want to do it some days, but I feel I need to do my battles to set a good example.

Most ppl are just autoing so they aren't figuring out strategies, or talking in the chat about it. We have members with good rosters, and a lot more with rosters that more than fit the Lvl 80, Gear VIII, 6* recommendation. What a joke that is.

• Ava_Kdizzle
    844 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    As ridiculously unbalanced as the raid is (and I fully agree that the HP should be reduced on the "normal"/t6 version), you can use it as a bar for how much progress you are making as a guild.

My guild, Venom of Vitiate, started a "normal" tank raid the day it came out and our first one took us 23 days to finish. Although some people were down on it, we helped motivate them and discussed strategies and everyone more or less bought in. Our second one took us 14 days and it was great to see so many people increase scores from the first one. Our third raid took us 8.5 days. Now we are trying to finish our fourth in just under 7 days.

Although it does seem miserable at times, people have been asking lots of questions and seeing how good our progress is, want to keep improving.

It takes time and was not sufficiently tested, planned or released well by EA, but it can be used as a motivating tool as well. Our guild has a couple whales, but is nothing crazy and it has been a team effort to get the raid where it is now. Hopefully after palpatine event comes out, we can get to heroics or at least soon thereafter.
  • Options
    Were the rewards at the end everything you hoped for? I mean after 35 days you got a lot of full pieces right?
  • Options
    wisenuts wrote: »
    This raid requires 40+ member guilds with 2-3 excellent squads. If each member focuses on one squad at a time(g10+) you could be finishing heroic in a couple months
    Exactly. It's actually very doable if you're in a Guild with good depth. If you don't have 2-3 excellent squads yourself, then you're not ready for Heroic AAT anyway.
  • Options
    The point is you will never get most guilds to accept the raid the way it is right now , you shouldn't have to motivate anyone to play a game that is and should be enjoyable to play , the tank raid stinks badly , it like convincing toddlers that onions taste good raw just the way they are lol no one buys it , CG/EA need to nerf this horrible tank raid
  • Options
    ziccoit wrote: »

I doubt you are at about 45% left of phase 1 since the launched over a month ago and, despite the difficulty, thought the raid shouldn't be made easier! Are you for real? That mean you would need 3-4 months more to finish the raid!

oh many are still on phase one. that's where my guild is also.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Krel Varlie, and I skip the raid somedays, too. I feel bad about it as I'm the leader of the guild but with ships and guild activities, and galactic war I just look at the raid and shake my head. I know I shouldn't and I should at least hit it with my two strongest teams. I mean, who really needs to do five full attacks?
    I've decided I must be an example and I've now gone 4 days straight using all attacks. Somedays, though, it just seems so impossible.
  • Mef1428
    144 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    What has it been, 35 or so days?
    I feel your pain, but I hate to tell you this. The raid came out on October 21.

It's been 54 days.

• Options
    My guild is in the sixties of p3 I hate that the rocket trooper goes twice in between each of my toons.
  • Options

The reason for mentioning the money is because this game is balanced more toward paying players than f2p and the motivation there is obvious. Nothing wrong with this, but the game also depends on f2p players to generate a robust player base. When something like this raid comes out that is so heavily balanced around us p2p players it does nothing but frustrate the f2p players and heavily tempts people like me to find a guild that more matches my pocket book rather than providing a good mix to help guilds along that are heavily f2p as most are. My guild has never done a heroic but between myself and one other we will start one here soon and will complete it, something that without the other and myself to carry them they would not see for another year. Most of us started playing back in June and July.

Now the changes to the raid seem to be too easy as we can now finish it in 3 days, almost 2. My guildies are happy with the new changes (which makes me happy) but it may have been a swing too far in the other direction.

tldr: The breakdown of p2p vs. f2p players in the average guild is important to balancing content.