So, ship battles.....

Is it intentional for my opponents to be a minimum of 2000 power above me and most more like 6k-8k above? Is the end goal for me to rage and spend money to improve my ships while the goalposts keep moving? I actually like ship battles but it's so hard to find a close to even opponent. I am at rank 75 right now. Is that everyone else's experience?

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    drop in rank, you'll find easier opponents to fight.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    The closer u get to the top, the harder and more advanced your opponents will be. Think of how the ppl 500 and back feel. Only 50 ppl can b top 50.
  • Options
    Good to know. I'll not play for a while and fall back until I gain some more power.
  • Options
    I'm not enjoying ships as much as I would like. I'm stuck between rank 90ish and 60ish. Players behind can't beat me but I can't beat the ones in front of me. So it's basically one battle a day before I get bored. Basically I'm f2p and those in front have at least one p2w ship which are so much better in every way. So right now it's p2p mode
  • Options
    1-2k difference they should have the same amount of ships, but they might be slightly stronger, 6-8K Difference and they most likely have 1 more ship than you, which is hard to beat, but not impossible.

Kinda like I used to Auto the Arena battles and win a few, until I figured out what everyone does, now I feel I can win much easier on manual.

Luckily the rewards aren't drastically different for placing a bit lower, so I just keep trying and your fleet will gradually get there.

O
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    I'm not enjoying ships as much as I would like. I'm stuck between rank 90ish and 60ish. Players behind can't beat me but I can't beat the ones in front of me. So it's basically one battle a day before I get bored. Basically I'm f2p and those in front have at least one p2w ship which are so much better in every way. So right now it's p2p mode

I'm curious to hear what you think are P2W ships - the only P2P ship is the Falcon, and it's not the best ship available. Everything else is available for F2P players. You have just as much access as everyone else. Now, they might have purchased some fleet cards and have more blueprints right now than you do (resulting in higher ship rarity and consequently strength), but that's the standard freemium model of paying players obtaining an advantage.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    2k power can be them using AA and jc ship and you not. Any ship that does special damage attacks has the power value artificially inflated because the crew member adds special damage to the ship. It does not mean it is stronger.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mageduckey wrote: »
    warmonkey wrote: »

I'm curious to hear what you think are P2W ships - the only P2P ship is the Falcon, and it's not the best ship available. Everything else is available for F2P players. You have just as much access as everyone else. Now, they might have purchased some fleet cards and have more blueprints right now than you do (resulting in higher ship rarity and consequently strength), but that's the standard freemium model of paying players obtaining an advantage.

I said p2p (pay to play) right now and meant p2w as in falcon, slave 1, poe, bistan, maul, maybe more. And yes they are farmable in packs that cost a good amount of crystals and are a huge gamble, but no one not paying serious money has them all 4 or 5 star now which are the ones in front of me. So for now defiantly p2w but like arena I'll catch up eventually, just gonna take a long time.

Plus I used about 40k GW tokens on ships so ahead of most people not spending alot which is why I don't fall in ranks. And not saying this is wrong since they are paying to keep me playing.
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    those in front have at least one p2w ship which are so much better in every way

This is what you said and to what I was referring, warmonkey.

Slave I, Poe's X-Wing, Bistan's U-Wing, Scimitar - none of these are P2P. They are all available in fleet shipments, albeit somewhat uncommon. I know some people who have unlocked Scimitar already as F2P and I was around 3/4th of the way to unlocking Slave I (which unlocks at 4*) before I bought the Bounty Hunter bundle.

[Edit] Additionally, Boba and Poe's ships are strong but not necessarily better in every way (though I have a thing for Slave I personally); Maul's ship is slow, best used as a reinforcement, can make anyone into a pseudo-tank temporarily but not the best ship out there; Bistan's ship requires two characters, one of which we just got 2 weeks ago, to be geared and starred in addition to SRP, reducing the cost-effectiveness of putting resources into Bistan/SRP.

To clarify, those ships you listed are strong, but they aren't P2W and they aren't "better in every way"; they all have some downsides.